Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H. Lecter

Movie Recommendation Thread

1 minute ago, STYLEISKING said:

Ahh man you lost me. You were on a roll! I thought that one was hawt ghabbage. It was universally praised though so you’re not alone.

31 minutes ago, Kults said:

Could not second this one enough. That was my fave movie from that entire year.

Have you seen the Safdie Bros' first one? Really good as well. Not quite Good Time good but def worth a watch

MV5BZTkwYTNhODgtNDBkNC00NTVkLWExYzctNGI4Njg1ZmRiZGE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkzNTM2ODg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

47 minutes ago, glorydays said:

https___hypebeast.com_image_2019_02_scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-super-bowl-liii-teasers-1.jpg

Any good? I loved Southbound few years back, is it anything like that?

MV5BMTU1NDg3NjE5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzQxNjA3NzE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Edited by Kults

10 minutes ago, Kults said:

Any good? I loved Southbound few years back, is it anything like that?

MV5BMTU1NDg3NjE5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzQxNjA3NzE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

its coming out in a few months for Netflix

I'm just waiting for it

1 minute ago, glorydays said:

its coming out in a few months for Netflix

I'm just waiting for it

Ah got it. Could be good, I like horror anthologies. Ever check out the VHS series? Creepy stuff

vhs_xlg.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kults said:

Ah got it. Could be good, I like horror anthologies. Ever check out the VHS series? Creepy stuff

vhs_xlg.jpg

that was pretty good...I gotta rewatch that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glorydays said:

that was pretty good...I gotta rewatch that

Theres 2 sequels as well but the OG is the better one.

3 hours ago, Kults said:

Theres 2 sequels as well but the OG is the better one.

is it on netfllix

17 minutes ago, glorydays said:

is it on netfllix

Prolly not but maybe? I use putlocker or 123 mirrors

• Truth 1

Just now, Kults said:

Prolly not but maybe? I use putlocker or 123 mirrors

I feel it...i'm watching tonight

Just now, glorydays said:

I feel it...i'm watching tonight

Its a weird one. Love those.

Watched Attila: Battle Angel. 

Absolutely horrendous dialogue and character development but action scenes were pretty fucking right. Would watch again.

18 minutes ago, STYLEISKING said:

https://youtu.be/QkZxoko_HC0

best movie of 2019 so far

That came out last year.. and meh, I couldn't get into it :p 

Mahershala is sick though

This looks like its gonna be wonderfully creepy. Cant go wrong with A24

Posted (edited)

Watched this one again last night. 👌

9780525633815.jpg

Edited by Kults

@One Man Banneddef check this one out if you get the chance ^ 

Its not for everyone, I have a friend who thought it was so dull but to me it felt like the modern version of Taxi Driver, loved it

• Props 1

18 hours ago, Kults said:

@One Man Banneddef check this one out if you get the chance ^ 

Its not for everyone, I have a friend who thought it was so dull but to me it felt like the modern version of Taxi Driver, loved it

Wasn't for me.  Wasn't a waste of time I guess but kind of meh.  It was a little Taxi Driver x The Professional maybe with some obvious borrowing (or stealing) from Taxi Driver.  

I wouldn't call it dull but can understand your friend's perspective from the point that there was little dialogue, some of the dialogue was so brief or low that you miss it, and the scenes/action don't do a lot to fill in what's missing.

• Props 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Wasn't for me.  Wasn't a waste of time I guess but kind of meh.  It was a little Taxi Driver x The Professional maybe with some obvious borrowing (or stealing) from Taxi Driver.  

I wouldn't call it dull but can understand your friend's perspective from the point that there was little dialogue, some of the dialogue was so brief or low that you miss it, and the scenes/action don't do a lot to fill in what's missing.

Thats echoes what he said. He wanted to see the Hammer hitting, I thought it was cool that they didnt show it and just left it up to the imagination. It for SURE apes taxi Driver. It was super subtle and I can understand how that could be a turn off to some. Nice that you watched it though, I feel Pheonix is one of the best modern actors, every scene hes in is intense.

Edited by Kults

I meant more that the backstory to the character was alluded to in randomly interspersed clips and you're somewhat left to assume his occupation.  It also doesn't really help that Phoenix looks like a sack of potatoes.  I was willing to forgive the hammer a bit because they at least tried to tie it in to the back story, but really, who brings a hammer to a gun fight?

Don't know where else to put this- Anyone else notice in film and tv recently how they film scenes in pitch black or barely audible sound for 'realness?'  I thought I was the only one annoyed by this but Howard Stern has ranted about it twice recently, more about scenes filmed in the dark where the viewer can't see shit. 

7 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

I meant more that the backstory to the character was alluded to in randomly interspersed clips and you're somewhat left to assume his occupation.  It also doesn't really help that Phoenix looks like a sack of potatoes.  I was willing to forgive the hammer a bit because they at least tried to tie it in to the back story, but really, who brings a hammer to a gun fight?

I feel ya.

I think the hammer was a throwback to Drive or Hotline Miami. He just doesn't care, he almost wants to die. The flashbacks annoyed me too to be fair. What I got from those was that he was abused by his dad as a child and his mother just stood by watching it go down. Probably why he does what he does now. At some point they allude to him being an Iraq veteran, lines up with how he got into this line of work to begin with.

I do like it when they don't overly explain everything and leave some stuff up in the air. Like when he raids that first pedo brothel and there's just little kids wandering the halls after hes killed the guards and johns. He just leaves them there.. wtf.

From what i understood, the Senator is part of some elite group that swaps out young kids with each other, his wife killed herself when she discovered he was abusing their daughter under her nose. He then trades the daughter for another kid with the Governor, regrets it and then sends Pheonix after him. The cabal finds out, cleans it all up as best they can, no one goes to jail or gets caught. Just the few guys who got caught red handed. Fuckin eerie and echoes a lot of the current events just coming to light now. The Epstein lolita express comes to mind. A lot of subtext going on here.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now