Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H. Lecter

Movie Recommendation Thread

I need some serious help and I reckon this is the place to ask. There's this movie I'm trying to think of where there's a rich family, the young kid always wears some high class getup with vests and shit and they have a maid called Consuela just like the one in family guy. I think it's an older movie, late 90's early 00's?

I can't even remember the plot but I'm pretty sure the older son is gay or something like that. Am I mixing up 2 movies? I swear this exists but I've had this mental blank for like 2 days! Anyone have a name of such a movie?

I remember a scene where the maid is crying because her son died or got really sick and the kid makes her clean up the drink he spilt or something, I know this shit is a movie!!

Oh and interesting side note to that movie:

The original version of the film featured a third story, concerning, among other things, a closeted football player played by actor James van der Beek.[1] But for unknown reasons, possibly that the character had an explicit sex scene with a male partner, the entire story was cut from the final version.[2]

Perfect! Thank you, I could remember the style of the movie and I had a feeling it was Todd Solondz, or someone similar... Just lost my mind and couldn't think of anything.

That's probably why I thought I might be mixing up two movies, I knew there was more to it. Might re-watch that tonight.

Happiness is awesome, I love that movie. I haven't seen the other two but I'll check them out. Thanks man.

I watched this one last night, good movie, definitely worth checking out. I caught the end of it a while ago but stopped watching it because I didn't get the full story.

tumblr_lx7e53rgCS1qdmqk2o1_500.jpg

Also this one. I usually hate Adam Sandler, he's annoying as fuck. But a mate said this was probably the best movie he's done and it's a semi-serious role.

punchdrunklove.jpg

Perfect! Thank you, I could remember the style of the movie and I had a feeling it was Todd Solondz, or someone similar... Just lost my mind and couldn't think of anything.

That's probably why I thought I might be mixing up two movies, I knew there was more to it. Might re-watch that tonight.

Happiness is awesome, I love that movie. I haven't seen the other two but I'll check them out. Thanks man.

No prob! If you watch the other two, watch Welcome to the Dollhouse first, Palindromes is the sequel, and they are very tied together, I didn't know but was lucky to watch them in order not knowing.

Just watched Welcome to the Dollhouse, good recommendation for sure! Really into Solondz's films lately, and anything else in that style.

If you have a link for a good copy of Palindromes that would be awesome. I just had a quick browse but most of the torrents I saw had 0 seeders.

I am so psyched for the Hobbit to come out.

Been counting down the days since the trailer dropped.

Just watched Welcome to the Dollhouse, good recommendation for sure! Really into Solondz's films lately, and anything else in that style.

If you have a link for a good copy of Palindromes that would be awesome. I just had a quick browse but most of the torrents I saw had 0 seeders.

Pretty good quality for stream or download of Palindromes

http://stagevu.com/video/hdmtdrajtluu

tuckerevilposter103009.jpg

Tucker and Dale vs evil

Horror comedy - more comedy than horror but fun to watch

HAH! i used the same pic to recommend the same movie on his same thread,

and it did the same thing!.. cool story, bro. bottom-line: this movie is good.

gangster-no-1-poster-1.jpg

typical brit-gangster flick, wasn't really impressed with the script, but it was enjoyable visually and malcolm mcdowells role pays homage to his character from clockwork orange.

Mr-Nice-online-quad-533x300.jpg

mr. nice

book was of course better but worth a watch.

427_box_348x490.jpg

death of a cyclist

if you are into older movies or anything from the criterion collection this was good

spanish couple run over a guy on a bike and get blackmailed

A%20somewhat%20gentle%20man_Poster.jpg

A somewhat gentler man

awesome norwegian film. ex gangster gets out of jail and life is not cutting him a break as he tries to go straight

perfume--the-story-of-a-murderer.jpg

Based on the bestselling novel, Perfume is a story of an obsession so overwhelming that it leads to murder. In 18th-century France lived Jean-Baptiste Grenouille (Ben Whishaw), who was born with a phenomenal sense of smell. But as his gift becomes an obsession, he strives to create the most intoxicating perfume in the world by murdering young women to capture their essence.

I very much recommend this strange and deranged, deep, dark, & compelling film. A real work of art.

*viewer discretion is advised- movie contains massive orgy*

_WATCH IT!!_

^^2nded

I watched the first Die Hard last night for laughs

don't even trip, that flick redefined action films and still holds to this day IMO

City of God (2002)

Cidade de Deus

A must see.

^^2nded

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now