posi nubers fest

nozaki

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that "the scene has a dresscode."

lets play out a scenario. lets say that in the punk scene (jam band scene, rave scene, whatever) all of the kids starting showing up looking like the bastard children of the cure, paris hilton, and cradle of filth. these kids soon come to dominate the scene--making up well over half of the kids at show nowadays. wouldn't this stand out to you? wouldn't you wonder where the fuck did this become punk (jam band, rave, whatever)? why the fuck are these kids here representing MY SCENE to the public w/ that image that has nothing to do w/ the ethos/ideology of the true scene?

image is huge, to deny that is silly. for me its like marketing. i love hardcore. its made a huge difference in my life. when i see these kids w/ the "new scene image" i know that the hardcore i have embraced with pride is going to be seen by some people as no different than goth, punk, or whatever.

perhaps i shouldn't care about the judgment to passed on the scene, i should live for myself. i do, but if i tell somebody, "i'm a hardcore kid," i would be pissed if said person thought of this 17551247_l.jpg

Wow. Well...a couple things.

You're kinda claiming to not care that certain kids dress a certain way, you just don't want the outside world to think that's what you represent when you say you're into hardcore. ok. So, not only are you very concerened with outsiders' perceptions of your passions, you'll go so far as to disclude others' because they mislead society's outlook on the hardcore community.

Not only would I not give a fuck what anyone thought of something I'm involved in without talking to me about it, I certainly wouldn't give a fuck if they thought less of me/it just because someone who I went to shows with dressed kinda funny.

"image is huge, to deny that is silly. for me its like marketing."

I deny it completely. Image is bullshit man.

New favorite quote: Hardcore is marketing.

Originally posted by High Priest+Jul 30 2005, 03:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (High Priest - Jul 30 2005, 03:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-theGOON@Jul 29 2005, 09:15 PM

but if i tell somebody, "i'm a hardcore kid,"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH.... Hardcore kid..oh shit..If your over the age of twelve and you actually say shit like this..hahahahahah

[/b]

High Priest just came in and owned this entire thread. Please respect.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT "HARDCORE" AT ALL B. BUT, I KNOW IF I GO TO ANY "SHOW" AND SOME NIGGA TRIES TO PUNCH ME IN MY FACE, NIGGAS IS LEAKIN A FEW PINTS, FOR REAL. IMA GO TO HARDCORE SHOWS AND START CUTTIN NIGGAS FACES OPEN. HOPEFULLY I'LL START A TREND AND NIGGAS WILL ALL MERK EACHOTHER. WORD.

M E R O E MLBC

LEAVE A NIGGA

LIKE A LETTA T

17551247_l.jpg

ALSO...HOW IS THIS NIGGA "HARDCORE" ??? THIS NIGGA LOOKS DUMB SOFT. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT WAS A DUDE AT FIRST. GET THIS SHIT OUTTA HERE, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS SHIT IS? THIS IS THE "NEW GENRE OF NIGGAS TO MAKE FUN OF" IT WOULD BE DOPE IF I COULD HAVE ALL THESE NIGGAS LINE UP AND WALK DOWN THE CONCOURSE AT 11 ON A FRIDAY FROM 170 ON UP. NIGGAS ARE SUPER CRAZY MO. PLEASE THROW THESE NIGGAS FACES IN THE GARBAGGIO.

M E R O

MLBC,RT

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Aug 1 2005, 03:13 PM

When I come back to Queers you'd best believe it's on. I'm talking bent back like Nextel antennas up in CBGBs going boxcutter Farley on these flakes. Death for all.

BADDER RELIGION

M333333333ROE!

MLB>EVERYTHING

High%20Five%20Hannah%20and%20Elizabeth.jpg

HELL YEAH NIGGA.

MERO DOGS

MLB TEAM.

BR HOLD ME

DOWN LIKE WOAH

i found this thread to be educational. i few years back i was 'dipped' into the 'scene' through a friend of mine. it was sumthing really new and i absolutely loved it. the music was pure, and to find out there was a 'scene, or lifestyle if u will, that coexisted with it was fascinating. before i was kind of 'pulled out' from it, i can remember him and his friends talking about how things were changing and trying to point things out to me without me understanding 70% of what they were saying. i understand now.

/\/\ circle pits can be a lot of fun. people really do love them here one the coast, but back home (303) nobody ever does them, even when they're called for.

what i hate the most: ""two stepping, skanking, denver/boston-hustle"" whatever the new PC "mosh" trend thats going on is... might as well do the carleton. kids look at me funny when i pick up change...

the only time i ever got into a circle pit is when Scott Vogel called for one at the Terror show in hartford. last time some crust kids tried to get a circle going at a show timmy fight night hit all of em. it was funny. like, dont get me wrong, i love 2-step and like, not-hitting-kids mosh, but i just find the dirty ass hardcore more appealing and i have alot more fun at show where theres "kill the person next to you breakdowns" then at a show where everything is just a blur of drums and some guy screaming in a high pitched voice.