posi nubers fest

nozaki

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure who's playing. i'm actually not even really going...i just live in the area and will probably hang out in the parking lot or something one of the days and make fun of the scenesters with the locals. i stopped having fun at shows back in like 95, shit's kind of retarded now-a-days. seems like the kids that go to shows now don't have too much heart, almost like they're only in the scene to claim the gimmick of being a hardcore kid because they have no real passion. maybe it's just me though.

the same thing happened to me with the "party" scene. shit was mad fun from like 96-2000, then it just started sucking...now the large "rave's" are a waiste of money and the only ones worth attending are the outlaws and free parties...

that's a whole other world though

people are still having fucking posi fests? jesus christ....i though ravers were retarded for hanging on to such a dead scene but oh no.....leave it to the "hardcore" kids to one up everyone.

i would love to get a time machine and take these kids back 10 years. they would shit their pants.

certainly not going to said fest-.

i too am over hardcore. i'm huge on metalcore/metal for the time, but the "scenes" associated with these 'underground' genres are fucking stupid. i go for the mosh and leave w/o talking to anybody because the "hardcore" kids out here are complete shitbags, much like back home, but these kids dress worse...

Originally posted by MrChupacabra@Jul 27 2005, 11:24 PM

Modern Life Is War is one of the only reasons why i still love hardcore these days. Honestly, so few good hardcore bands have come out in the last few years, its depressing.

A FUCKING MEN. A FUCKING MEN. AMEN. AMEN!!!!!

if i were to go to this, i would end up punching 5 people in the face that i personally know. but, as always, you do that, and its 15 versus 1. id like to drive by this thing with a megaphone and say "IF YOUR WEARING CAMO PANTS, BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!" then i would drive by again: "FIDEL CASTRO CALLED, HE WANTS HIS HAT BACK!"

and for the kids that have no idea what theyre doing...

"ONLY GIRLS ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR WHITE STUDDED BELTS. ONLY GIRLS ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR TIGHT PANTS."

"GET AN ORIGNAL HAIRCUT!"

"SAUCONYS AND DOOFY TATOOS ARE 5 YEARS AGO!"

i could go on, you get the point..

I find I'm more bothered by the people who make fun of hardcore kids than the actual hardcore kids. They're just doing what they love while you guys fun of them because they aren't dressing right.

"SAUCONYS AND DOOFY TATOOS ARE 5 YEARS AGO!"

Really? Well shit, I guess I'm out of style. Sorry pal.

"ONLY GIRLS ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR WHITE STUDDED BELTS. ONLY GIRLS ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR TIGHT PANTS."

Please let everyone know what is acceptable to wear asap!

Fucking grow up.

no no, hes right.

Just because you raided a delia's delivery truck doesnt mean you get to wear every single female accessory you found in the truck and then steal all the pants designed for 14 year old girls.

That shit, as Mero would say, is UDD homo.

The a-sexual haircut bullshit? Nope fuck that too.

Also all these chicks with 45 fucking piercings all over their faces and in these really weird spots. That shit doesnt make you look cool. Take that shit out.

YOURE the ones that need to grow up.

I need to deviate, when Im at a hardcore show Im not an outcast!!!!

Oh really?

Where'd those ethics and morals go when me and my group of friends were the ones at the shows without the patrol caps, studded belts, and really scene band shirts?

I've been into hardcore music all my life, most literally.

I haven't been to a hardcore show in about a year because of these types of people.

Basically, like i said before. I only go to a handful of band's shows.

Basically; Madball, SOIA, H2O, Champion, MLIW, any Raw Deal reunion, and the GB reunion.

Why? Because for the most part these are the people I grew up with, they're not some fake brahcore bullshit where every kid in the building talks extra loud about how much cooler they are than everyone else, by talking about who they know or their hardcore trivia shit they play with each other.

Eat my ass, grow up.

"but, as always, you do that, and its 15 versus 1"

common complaint, but think of this, as my friend puts it..

"if theres a pack of lions chilling by the river on a hot day, and a alligator attacks a lion up on shore, do the other lions sit there while their friend gets eaten, no they defend their fellow lion, its animal instinct."

"they're not some fake brahcore bullshit where every kid in the building talks extra loud about how much cooler they are than everyone else, by talking about who they know or their hardcore trivia shit they play with each other."

i know what this dudes talkin about, im not gonna say, or try to make it seem like i've been into hardcore my whole life, i havent, at all, but i know what this dudes talkin about.

yeah but, youre from Boston.

So you've got that whole, " Oh shit did you see him spinkick near Bobby?!! YEAH MAN LETS FUCK THAT DUDE UP!!!" mentality.

Nothing against the original FSU heads, and being there for your friends. But at the same time, most of these people scream unity but do nothing but cause a further rift at hardcore shows.

naw man im not like that at all, i dont start shit like that, like i said i havent been into hardcore my whole life, a few years at most, but im not one of those dudes, i go to shows for the show and to chill with my friends, not the fights, or the moshin. and i dont know what it wa slike back in the day, but when my friends talk about it, they say how hardcore has lost its 'intensity' that back then people would get smashed from a flying fist and shake it off, because its hardcore odds are yourt gonna get hit "dont wanna get hit, dont stand in the front", nowadyas some gets smacked or a c lose call they get all up tight because everyone has something to proove, and everyoens tougher than the next dude.

yeah man thats the truth. You used to go to shows and stand in the pit and expect to get hit.

I know what you're saying though, its just most of these fucking kids end up catching a kick to the face and all their friends all of a sudden think its grounds for war.

It's all fun man. exactly like you siad, YOU DONT WANNA GET HIT, MOVE THE FUCK BACK.

I miss shit like seeing Cro-Mags at CB's where the ENTIRE floor was a pit.

i've been going to hardcore shows for about 7 years i suppose, but only started "claiming to be a hardcore kid" around 2000. i missed a lot, but i saw a lot of what was "real hardcore." i hate the d-evolution the scene has had since that time. when i first found it fashion was what we now call "95 crew"--camo pants, new balances, windbreakers, hoodies, and a karl buechner bandana. none of this girl pant, saucony faux hawk youth medium t-shirt shit.

its different now and i've grown away from it because bands like terror and bleeding through. FSU and Suicide Krew and even DMS fucked some shit up in colorado, i say whatever if you're in the crew--but don't be a bonehead about it. hardcore should be united in some form--today's kids think himsa is old school and that bleeding through is good. (if you thought otherwise, you're wrong). nobody knows history. kids don't understand the term 'youth crew' or recongnize the significance of INTEGRITY or anyone who made "metalcore." i don't know where i'm going with this, i guess i just want CIPHER ONE to know that his comments were fucking stupid.

i picked up a trustkill sampler at the darkest hour show last week. the entire thing sucked. this is the biggest label in "hardcore" right now and 1/4 of the cd wasn't remotely hardcore. it was awful. roses are red? thats the gayest band name ever.

anyways, i blame poison the well and the internet for where hardcore is today. 18visions definitely played a part as well. as a whole trustkill "sold out the scene" and made it fashionable and marketable. those are my theories anywho. it was bound to happen, but... it sucks. thats all...

fuck that man, I was going to hardcore shows when I was 15 blah blah blah, I don't like most of the kids you guys are referring to either. But I don't mock their fucking fashion sense.

Maybe I was incorrect in saying "they're just doing what they love" since you guys are obviously referring to people who only attend shows to make an appearance and such. So sure, to hell with them. But don't think there's any way you can justify critisizing how they dress.

Maybe re-read what I wrote, you guys are going off on tangents that don't have a lot to do with what I said. I'm not trying to defend them as people because I don't really talk to any of them, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous I find that everyone has such a fucking problem with their fashion sense.

Posted by Glik0

"Just because you raided a delia's delivery truck doesnt mean you get to wear every single female accessory you found in the truck and then steal all the pants designed for 14 year old girls.

That shit, as Mero would say, is UDD homo."

If some shmoe wants to wear girls' pants, who fucking cares? I'm sorry you have a problem with things that are 'homo' but who gives a fuck what kinda clothes people wanna wear?

/\/\i know i went off on a lot of tangents but to caring about what kids wear i have this: the fashion that dominates today's HC scene is somewhat the antithesis of what "true hardcore" is meant to be about. as a rule--the kids wearing these pants are the same kids crying when i kick them on the wall and a million other things that are NOT HARDCORE. its not about being tough, but certainly these kids should understand where hardcore came from and what its about. the fashion aspect is a small one in comparison to the utter ignorance of "scene kids" but its still an issue. for me atleast.

They way this thread is describing it, the "hardcore" scene doesn't seem to be anything but hardcore assfucking gay. I mean seriously, putting that much stock in fashion and worrying about everybody else there so much puts this at a gay level somewhere between an early 80's NYC disco and a rave featuring only happy hardcore DJs.

Sure goon, ignorance among the modern hardcore community is rampant, but I'm also gonna have to agree (kinda) with Biggus Dickus. I have a fairly low opinion of any group that has a dress code.

Also, I think awareness of the origins of hardcore is important, but I don't think anyone should act a certain way just because a genre calls for it. I enjoy some hardcore music, but I think most moshing is silly. I don't enjoy physical violence along with my breakdowns, but I understand some people do.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Jul 29 2005, 01:31 PM

They way this thread is describing it, the "hardcore" scene doesn't seem to be anything but hardcore assfucking gay. I mean seriously, putting that much stock in fashion and worrying about everybody else there so much puts this at a gay level somewhere between an early 80's NYC disco and a rave featuring only happy hardcore DJs.

i understand your point, this thread does give off a focus of fashion. hardcore is not focused on fashion, this thread is. there's nothing out-of-line about that.

What we need is for the camo pants, windbreakers and track shoe crowd to make a comeback. Straight up pre-breed the killers Earth Crisis shit...

On one level...I could not give a shit about hardcore anymore. The actual music on the whole hs been taking a downward spiral, especially around where I'm from...even 3-4 years ago we had a ton of really really good local bands and a grip of venues. Every weekend there was 2-3 good shows every night. Now all those bands are gone. Theres a ton of mediocre bands. And the general audience is a bunch of fuckwads. I'm all for people "getting into" hardcore. I've met a few younger kids who really are genuinely interested in the music and remind me of myself and my friends when we first got into the shit years ago. Shit wasnt "cool" then. Assholes at school would ask what the fuck you listened to and when you said hardcore theyd think you were into some goth shit. Now these douchebags are the kids at shows and its worse than high school. They've made all that fashion shit and cliquey garbage more prevelant than it used to be. Get the fuck out of hardcore and go back to youre Dave Matthews/John Mayer shows you dorks.

And thats really about it.