Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bostonsnewest

New Heros.

Alaskan King Crab Fisherman are my newfound heros. dudes wait all year for october, to go out fishing for 5 days, and make anywhere from $20,000-100,000, and hope they dont die because its the deadliest job in the world. it said the majority lose one crew member in the trip.

go on, on demand in the discovery channel part and i think tis called americas deadliest or something. its pretty interesting shit.

Yeah I read about this before somewhere, those guys are fucking crazy. I'd do it for a year or two to get some money but I don't think I'd test my luck if I survived longer than that.

the show is sick, they get like 1-3 hours rest depending on where they are and where their traps are set and hard ass labor for the rest. a dude on one of the boats is like 63 or some shit old and scrawny white haired bastard, i'm just waiting for him to die on camera.

what station is this on??

those king crabs look excellent

one guy actually fell overboard. there was a storm and it was freezing. i thought they left in december though. so anyways the guy falls over but they manage to pull him back up. i think they gave him a days rest and he had to start working again. fucking intense though for the 100,000 dollars. damn.

That's some serious stuff right there

I used to have to go crabbing or whatever the hell that's called, for work.

All i ever got was gross ass spider crabs.

Originally posted by bostonsnewestink@Jul 26 2005, 08:44 PM

ya, and the water is near freezing, and mroe than like 10 minutes in, if yopu happen to fall over, your pretty much dead. harsh.

try three minutes...

I used to be in the (blank) and when we did patrols in alaska, our big ass ship would get tossed the fuck around during storms.

I could only imagine what it would be like in one of those small as fishing boats

I couldn't find the alaskan crab guys, but I found 'tuna cowboys' on national geographic on demand.

pretty handcore shit. these guys handfish massive tuna amongst a grip of sharks.

rough

I couldn't find the alaskan crab guys, but I found 'tuna cowboys' on national geographic on demand.

pretty handcore shit. these guys handfish massive tuna amongst a grip of sharks.

rough

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this