crazy christians criticizing you again???

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

great link....we both share the southern thing.

i've heard alot of this christian fundamentalist shit before.

not so much now that i'm older, but when i was younger i heard it from people on the street who felt the need to 'fill me with the word of god'

i often wondered why they felt so compelled.

and this will indeed "learn 'em"

see these things suck, ill tell you why, because it's the same thing fundamentalist do. They take an idea that seems to fit with their own, but they dont really delve into it. because the bible isnt made up of small pasages, it's actually, *gasp* a really long story.

so if you take part 37 and then part 8923 to make up your argument, your nexing out the other things, you must also take into account that there's a part 36 and also a part 38, it doesnt end with just that simple thing that your looking for. it ends with revelation, it's just the rest of the shit inside of it makes up the whole basis for biblical following.

just read that thing, and don't ever use clipnotes of the bible, that just makes you look bad and dumb in a real argument.

i understand not liking religion if the preacher stuck his finger in your uterus but all these damn kids that jump on the agnostic and atheist bandwagon because their favorite band is called "blood angel jesus death" or some dumbass shit like making an argument about what you saw on t.v really makes no sense.

How they say..."there's no atheists in a foxhole."

damn people, damn.

I don't believe in the Christian god because the bible was written by a man [men] yet it's insisted divine. I like religions where they make examples of people based on factual occurances that don't involve magic, tongues, fire and brimstone, 7 bowls of wrath, people turned to salt pillars, and Hercules cleaning out the stables with the San Andreas Fault Line on Wacky Wednesday.

Where does that put me on the teenage angst scale?

haha... this could prove handy.

I'm usually pretty good at defending myself against the fundies because I'm versed in Christian history and all of the bullshit that entails but it never hurts to have more of a defense.

And oneeightyone is right, that is the problem is all of this being taken out of context and misappropriated and twisted and distorted... kinda reminds me of the media and politics...

I don't see why people are always criticizing others beliefs. While I'm not religious I don't understand what gives you the right to tell people what to believe in. I grew up in a christian family and I realized it's just not something I want to be a part of. If your agnostic/atheist, fine thats your belief. But people that do participate in religion, thats their belief. Some people can be push and assholes but the same goes for everything, not just religion. I'm so damn sick of hearing people say "your stupid for believing in god" and all that shit.

Originally posted by takingchase@Jul 23 2005, 06:54 PM

I grew up in a christian family and I realized it's just not something I want to be a part of.

Because everyone believes they are right and endowed with the supreme authority of god (or science)!

Truth and falshoods lie everywhere, regardless of the tradition. A true wiseman is able to discern the difference.

To me, the most unpretentious religions are most of the eastern philosophies (except perhaps confucianism), and pretty much all forms of shamanism I have encountered because they don't impose their will on people or condemn those who are different.

I actually prefer syncretic religions (a dirty word in the fascist religions) such as bahai, chaos magick, eclectic wicca, and even some forms of freemasonry.