Best Friends Become Strangers

Delta9

delta9 here...yes rolling a fat blunt.

well theres been some shit on my mind lately that i needs to get off my chest. well more like a story...a story on friendships.

well me and this cat where really close..we went to highschool together bt started chillin more our senior year. in a sense he taught me the ropes..i smoked my first el with this nigga. we got in the graf game together and would go out and bomb shit it was dope. we even formed a crew. we entered different colleges still had each others back crazy.i knew his fam it was dope. see at the time i felt he was different....a dope artist and a real person. he suffered from social anxiety disorder...he was a shy cat..but was a good looking guy who could pull bitches for sure if he wanted. now this cat had rank amongst the circle of kids we would hang with. well respected...this cat was a genuine and nice guy all around who had morals. a couple years pass and i notice changes in my good friend. he started to get depressed and shit started tweaking out...more irratible i would chief this nigga out blunts all the time and i remember one time he got all pissed for a gram i owed him from when he was selling herb..caught me mad off gueard and shit..i was kinda hurt..that's just one instance..there are others..basically he was becoming more shady with his shit...he would expect to get hooked up but would never hook others up ya know...i was like whatever though...fuck it imma do my thang and shit....he would come up with excuses for his depression..his outlook became one with was negative. i dunno what was the source of his depression probably family maybe because he was thirsty for a girlfriend. i tried helping him, taking him out to parties, bars, basicalling trying hook him up with sum hoes ya know? but this nigga would get CRUNKED..he would drink alot and be too shitfaced to even stand up straight...or he would tweak out and do somthing wierd that would creep the girl out...(peeing on himself, getin too rowdy, acting mad hard and stupid) this type of behavior was at first tolerated by the crew and laughed off..but things started getting crazy...a few months pass i get busy with school and shit..i even get a hot girl who i really like...i think that's when my friend tweaked out dude...one day i get this call and shit my boy is at this party with some people i know...so im like imma roll thru see what's poppin...no theres a whole bunch of people there and shit is lookin cool...when alll of a sudden i see my friend(the one who the stories about)...now this nigga looks fucked up....anyways he makes a big ass scene where he's all cursing me out for no reason...talkin bout i turned my back on him...witch is not true i recalled numerous times trying to tell him to tone down his drinking and get a hold of himself...i might of not been around for a few but your a grown man dog...what you want me to do..well basically the night was all fucked up you now...i never saw him in that light before...it was like mad wierd...i basically now feel wierd about him....like i tried to be cool again but all that's happened....i heard stories that he even talked some shit about mev even told this other crew that we both used to paint with that i'm a lame and they should drop me...i'm like what the fuck....this cat even told this girl i was hollering at a while ago at a party that i sleep around...witch aint true, jealous shit like that.. pretty much everyone in my crew has there fair share of stories with this guy but...basically i cut this cat off...i mean what else could i of done...i confronted his ass and we ended up almost fighting....whatever....he has apologized since then and we are on speaking terms but...i don't fuck around with him like we used too...it's too wierd i don't feel the same way...i feel his true colors were shown to me..currently this cat is on the verge of being a alcoholic...i see him at parties and sit say wassup see how he is doing...that's pretty much it...somtimes i feel like shit...about the whole situation...but everyman is in charge of there own destiny....i think his fam has sent him to therepy...but i dunno...am i at fault??

whatever i wanted to share my story..feel free to share your opinions and similar stories holla

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Delta9 the gabber dj?

Alcoholism can be a symptom of depression or vice versa. That is good he is getting professional help. It sounds like he needs it. I'm real worried about my cousin right now. He's fucking up himself in a similar manner.

sounds to me like he has many things going through his head maybe?....

perhaps he is having life problems...family, girls...anything....

tried covering it up with the beer, and made it worse, notice how u seem to think about more things thouroughly when ur drunk or high...well, at least when ur alone...

i dont belive ur at fault at all, its just a thing he has to go through in his life to get it straight, that is if he is going to therapy, but I would think he needs detox? alcohol?

i dunno, but friendships come and go, he probably just got tired of the way shit was going with him and took it out on you...

FUck man, so manmy people have come and gone out of my life in the last ten years i hardly make an effort anymore to care about stuff like this.

people come and go in and out of your life like waiters in a restaurant mang.

i would probably have given this thread a lot more thought if it hadn't of hurt my eyes as much, but none the less, some things can be said.

leave your boy be. one can do so much and no more. if you genuinely feel that you've done everything you can to help and he has cocked you a deaf, then theres nothing more you can do.

i recently got over alcoholism, so i know how drinking can change things in and about a person. sometimes it's best to just let something slap you in the face and put you in check. other times you need a shove in the right direction. from what little i can gather, i think you boy needs to figure things out on his own.

if he pulls together on his own, he'll notice his mistake and rectify them accordingly.

for now just let him be.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by ARCEL@Jul 20 2005, 12:33 AM

whoa, how did this black stuff get on my hand

DEMON SEMEN!

I had a group of like 30 friends when I first moved to where I moved in high school. They were little criminals, well we were, but they were breaking into cars - even eachothers - and fighting and selling whatever. They were real good people though, and we had a lot of fun the way a big group with no responcibilites and a cavalier attitude can

...until some of my closest of the bunch made the front page of the local newspaer <which is a city> and all the local nightly news coverage. The headline involved baseball bats and Christmas - after the actual D.A., not the assistant, and the sheriff, the real one, came to my parents house and interviewed me Law and Order style and made me go to court on suppeona I had to let that all go.

delta9 here

sorry if it was hard to read...i was getting blasted and just let the stream of conciousness go....like i said just sum shit that was on me mind.

anyways thanks to whoever took the time to read it and for all your input..

Our past can be a great thing, however it is the past, and you can not get back to anything there beyond fond memories.

Keep on keeping on ... more friends will come and go.

I have a very similar story.... and now 10 years after those days I hear the guy still holds shit against me, I couldn’t hold anything on him as we are our own people I am responsible for me, and I think he is still playing the role of the victim of his life. But I have not spoken with him in a bit so who knows if I saw him all that may be forgotten. Time and growth heal.

it sounds like the social anxiety made him turn to alcohol, and alcohol brought out his bad side. he's really just gonna get more and more depressed.

as far as what to do, it's a hard call... you can put aside your pride and forgive all of his wrongs and even try to help him (thats if you really think it's worth it), or leave it at casual acquaintences with a history...

not too many things last forever, or even twenty years.

many old friends of mine have come and gone.

i knew a girl many years ago, around my age, thought she was the coolest

she had a popular older bro

and we would go to clubs and oarties together, eventually raves when they started

we were close, did a ton of shit together of all sorts.

alllll sorts.

we kinda grew apart

she got a mn and she didn't like to bring him around

he was kind of a hick i think and she was a little embarassed, being a club girl

we had a big falling out after i became an addict and talked smakc

then she talked some more smack

and we stopped talking

months went by, and i heard she'd gotten knocked up by that guy

they got married later

and cranked out another kid

she lives with him and their two kids in west virgiunia

she doesn't have a job, i heard she reads a lot

i never ever see her or hear about her anymore

and don't really care

she kinda let me down with that seeming dead-end to what i thought was a promising life

*not that it matters, i am trying not to judge her, i just thought she was gonna go places and she went nowhere

another friend of mine, similar situation, same group of friends

we actually lived together for a time after years of being very close

she became a fucking stripper and i was really sad about it

(long dtory)

we stopped taking

she married a guy she'd met at work

(yikes!!)

but time went by, and we started talkign again

our friendship has recovered completely, and i really value it.

we needed five years off from each other

she's still married, doing much better, not a stripper, doing art, doing well

sorry to break it to ya but your boy sounds like a player hater. I think you need to kick his ass. He may appreciate it in the long run.YOu will get instant satisfaction. All his boys that are your boys will have your back because they got eyes too and they know he is slipping. Sometimes it takes an ass whuppin to put somebody back on track.

I got a story too. My boy Just got caught jerking off on his roomates mom while she was sleeping. The police are looking for him and shit. A week later he fucked his new roomates fiance. Ive always liked the kid but everything is always so ackward with him.

The worst is when you lose your friends to the state. Ive got 3 locked up and 1 deported. I cant even visit 2 of them because they are across the country locked down in texas. The other is doing 1 to 3 and im trying to keep things cool until he gets out.Helping his girl helping out with his little daughter. My best friend is in Toronto. Im in detroit. Its so hard to cross the border these days and im on all sorts of paper so i dont think they would even let me in the country.

yeah, losing friends to death sucks also.

that story though, reminded me of this guy i knew, joe, who was stoopit drunk

and crashing at his friend jim's house.

jim told joe the bathroom was fucked up, but if he had to go, he could use the one in jim's mom's room

so later that night, joe had to pee

he remembered that jim had told him that there was a "bucket in my mom's room" (not what jim actually said, of course)

jim's mom woke up to find joe taking a piss in the corner of her bedroom, all over a pile of her laundry

Originally posted by symbols@Jul 20 2005, 05:01 PM

yeah, losing friends to death sucks also.

that story though, reminded me of this guy i knew, joe, who was stoopit drunk

and crashing at his friend jim's house.

jim told joe the bathroom was fucked up, but if he had to go, he could use the one in jim's mom's room

so later that night, joe had to pee

he remembered that jim had told him that there was a "bucket in my mom's room" (not what jim actually said, of course)

jim's mom woke up to find joe taking a piss in the corner of her bedroom, all over a pile of her laundry

Random

The mother masterbator was also named Joe. He sold me a quarter stick of dynamite last night and i blew a big ass hole in the ground. losing friends to death sucks but there is closure. Losing friends to suicide is worse. Its like death on the next level. Ive lost alot of friends. It makes me sad

alcoholism will fuck you up, bottom line. it may take a while, but you will start slipping eventually. this is a real good way to lose friends.

the kid has a problem. he'll see the light of it eventually though, on his own. people aren't going to fault you for this, you really did nothing wrong from the sounds of it.

Originally posted by dead sentiment@Jul 20 2005, 09:20 PM

it sounds like the social anxiety made him turn to alcohol, and alcohol brought out his bad side. he's really just gonna get more and more depressed.

as far as what to do, it's a hard call... you can put aside your pride and forgive all of his wrongs and even try to help him (thats if you really think it's worth it), or leave it at casual acquaintences with a history...

definately the most on-point reply in this thread