benching in Rome

timo

could anybody please tell me any good spots to bench trains at in Rome please going there for 4 days in september and could do with some good spots away from jobsworth guards and preferbally with afew lines passing by so that the action is fast and furious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

assume A line is the best one now.. and trhere are a few outdoor spots... (safer in terms of sptte by metro police guards) but who cares your just flcikng or filming treat it like fun be agile and just have fun who goves a fuck about the gurads even f you dont get away from them unless your arab or a suspected writer you dont have much to worry abouit.. but sitll beaware agile but sholdnt b big deal

rome is on very high alert right now. so there are more guards in the stations than ive seen in 3 years. probabaly 3 security forces patrolling them. its no joke at all. if you wanna bench outisde, for the b line, there is an outdoor section in between piramide station and the end station. i think garbatella or b. sao paolo. there is an outdoor section one stop from san pietro as well. exit there and walk back. that spot isnt great for panels, more for whole cars.

both lines are smashed at the moment.

be careful... there are alot of police out right now.

what about outdoor spots on the A line? thanks for that info tboy.. i remember someone telling me on south part of the b line there are a few outdoor spots..

what have you heard of being the worst punishment for someone benching trains in Rome? what do you think is a typical punishment (or not (ex: just tell you dont).. thanks.. i personlly dont think you can get nito trouble really (as a non arab) just maybe ask you to delete flicks thats it..

Originally posted by theillp@Jul 21 2005, 01:08 PM

what about outdoor spots on the A line? thanks for that info tboy.. i remember someone telling me on south part of the b line there are a few outdoor spots..

what have you heard of being the worst punishment for someone benching trains in Rome? what do you think is a typical punishment (or not (ex: just tell you dont).. thanks.. i personlly dont think you can get nito trouble really (as a non arab) just maybe ask you to delete flicks thats it..

When I as there in 2003, I sat around for long periods of time taking flicks and just looking like what I was doing was normal and legal, (and most likely it is) and no one said shit to me.

As far as a specific place, there were a few nice outdoor spots. My main problem (and a problem with benching in general) was the unsymaphetic commuters, who ruined many shots.

I made a point to not have markers or paint or drugs or any illegal shit on me.

However, the one time I walked into a station drinking a Morretti, my man with the automatic weapon was like "nah, nah" in Italian.

I saw lot of POISON burners and one cat (CA?) that I can't remember had the city on such smash.

• 2 weeks later...

when i was there in the spring I saw some shit riding that was dated 2002... surreal

dont forget the rail line from ostiense to ostia that shit is smashed too

and follow the tracks on the street to find some chill spots

the ostiense/garbatella side seems to be hit harder than others but im not 100% on that

they got the carabinari with assault rifles IN the subway since the london attacks i heard... shit was a little creepy even for me!

i went to rome, and basically the main station, for commuter trains, theres always a train pulling in with pieces all over it.

as for the metro, basically its battered, just pick a spot and wen u see an old train rolling in starting taking flicks!

damn i wish i got flicks of the teach t2b. :(

Guest fr8lover

1999 or so, i was yelled at by a cop for taking pictures on one of the subway lines in rome. otherwise, just walking around the regular commuter stations shouldnt be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

right now the situation is tought like i said, police sweating you for passports and stuff. even non arab looking people. apparently rome is next on some terrorist list, so theres alot of cops hanging out in the trains as well. just go a little later in the day. the most trouble you might face is getting kicked out of the station, or a ticket, so if your in a station have a valid ticket. go to a station towards the end of either line for less commuters. and less guards. there is a graffiti shop, called colore frasca near colli albani station. it may be closed then for holidays, but worth a try, also there is another one in san lorenzo the neighborhood. its a head shop, so just ask someone for directions.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help lads just got back tuesday so I will give my report for what its worth. Basdically the a line trains are either smashed beyond belief or completely spotless, Iwould say about 1 in4 are covered, but maybe to covered if that makes sense because alot of it is just amass of piece on top of piece with the windows cleaned and it tends to look a bit of a blur. The b line was alot better because all the trains are painted, never saw one carriage that wasnt done, also with them getting it graff free a while back, you can make it out better than the a line. the best place for benching I found was piramide station because the line is outside there plus as all the bline you can see both directions off one platform so that means a train about every 2-3 mins. Also from this station you walk up a flight of steps to the regional lines and there are 4 trains sat there all the time that are completely bombed inside and out, the only trouble with the regional trains is they have all the doors open untill they pull out and with one pulling out what seems like every 30 mins its a bit slow. The main termini where the national trains are was a bit dissapointing as I had 2 trips to it and there are about 10 trains in at any one time and all I saw was one carriage with 2 coloured pieces on it and on the other side a poor quality dub. As for who I saw up, saw a lot of poison, jon seems to be on every train tag, throw up, burner, panda throw ups,deon whole car from madrid I think, poe arf tags on lots of train windows. Finally the police fuckin everywhere didnt help with it being sept 11 while I was there mainly they were at the top of the station where you get your tickets from but some times on the platform, one time about to flick apoison on the b line when a copper appeared from no where saying no foto so just jumped on the next train and dissapeared at 4 euros for a days pass you can keep moving. CHEERS TIMO.

forgot what i wrote but i wrote a long message here when i got back from rome a few weeks ago but didnt post.. yea i found poison had the freshist shit on trains by far.. i caught some famous guys from London and a famous guy from france (wholcars etc) on both the A and B.. i would have to disagree with you i rode 1 clean train on the B and there were a few (saw arund 10) clean cars on the B as well but yea for sure the B is way fresher as almost all the trains are bombed with a lot of fresh shit (less messy than the A) althouh my favorite pieces that i caught were on the A.... panda king?? love that guy.. reps too.. there were some funny observations but ill save them.. thats true piramide is ill i loved seeing the c line or whateer parked there.. did you chek out any yards?? i went to a couple but they were both underground (expt one layup).. and yea the regional trains were clean!! i found more panels in england.. the cops were funny i saw them just shake thir head at peple takin flix which was realeaving.. buti saw them do some pretty harsh shit to people.. but in general i found they just act goofy they carry guns butweren too intimdating.. this post is gay but just bought back the memoriese of that city.. definty have to go back more prepared now know where things aree..