Advertising/Marketing Goodness

about:blank

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Those are all excellent examples of good advertisements.

I really like the vacuum cleaner and the History/National Geographic channel ads.

I have a marketing position with my job, and our new campaign (fall/winter) is going to be very aggressive but subtle and clever. Plus our main competition is out to get us in their upcoming advertisements, so we got some shit hidden waiting for them :)

Best of Cannes :

cannes7.jpgAdidas in Japan and Hong Kong built a running track down the side of a skyscraper - people raced down it by abseiling

cannes5.jpg

3mmoneyglass.jpg classic

cannes2.jpg "A billboard for Sunsense Sunscreen in New Zealand. If the sun is out the image of the woman sun bathing is seen, if not it's blank. The text says "makes sense when the sun is out". Great stuff, it actually works by 12,148 pegs and their shadows when the sun is out. Genius."

lego.jpg

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jul 15 2005, 12:02 PM

Man....I just hate those creative types. All smug, smirky and donned in black head to toe.

Yeah, fucking dipshits. All of em.

These are all excellent and everything, but I think a lot of the credit goes to the client willing to put up the money necessary for these. I can't begin to count the ideas we've come up with at our agency that are on this level, but get shut down by conservative pennypinching clients.

not on the humor tip..

but the new Calvin Kline bus stop adds are pretty good. Just a normal looking shot of a "well dressed" person, and you can barely make out the logo in the corner.. the first 20x I saw it, I thought it was just a picture of somebody.. which I thought was cool. Now that i've noticed the logo, whenever i see another add w/ a person in it, I think it's for Calvin Kline

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Jul 15 2005, 01:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Jul 15 2005, 01:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SteveAustin@Jul 15 2005, 12:02 PM

Man....I just hate those creative types. All smug, smirky and donned in black head to toe.

Yeah, fucking dipshits. All of em.

These are all excellent and everything, but I think a lot of the credit goes to the client willing to put up the money necessary for these. I can't begin to count the ideas we've come up with at our agency that are on this level, but get shut down by conservative pennypinching clients.

[/b]

part of the creative process is costs.... I'm sure that vaccum add was fairly cheap to produce.

• 1 month later...