does anyone know how to

ElectricitySucks

im going to start playing piano because every other musical instrument ive been playing (guitar, bass) is getting very boring. i need to learn how to play that fast crazy deep emotional 1700's hard to pronounce italian/german name's of prodigies and shit.

whats a good price for a keyboard?

if you know how to play, teach me. i have alot of free time at work.

and dont say anything about reading music. i dont want that stupid nonsence.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the first thing i would suggest is learning how to read music...

oh wai....

but seriously, that's the only way you can learn how to play the "fast crazy deep emotional 1700's hard to pronounce italian/german" compositions that you're talking about (i'm guessing)...

Originally posted by rental@Jul 15 2005, 05:18 AM

youre going to play super classical music without reading music? have fun...

thats funny cause i was going to write about that but then i backspaced it. but half those prodigies didnt even know how to read music in the first place. all socially inept and a.d.h.d. to hell yet were brilliant musicians. the only problem is, im nowhere near that. im good with my ears though, alot of the shit i hear i can figure it out somewhat, just really not fast shit.

*just NOT.,

Originally posted by saraday@Jul 15 2005, 12:19 AM

the first thing i would suggest is learning how to read music...

oh wai....

but seriously, that's the only way you can learn how to play the "fast crazy deep emotional 1700's hard to pronounce italian/german" compositions that you're talking about (i'm guessing)...

not even true. I have played instruments by ear my whole life. I figured out the whole moonlight sonata by ear when i was in 1st grade. learning theory can only help you as a musician though.