now who's innovating??

blahblahblah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it looks like something reas or espo would do while waiting for thier paint to dry or something. cool ideas i guess if you actually do something with them. but in thier current state they are about like a bazooka joe comic. you might laugh, then less than a second later think "wait, that was actually stupid"....but you laughed nonetheless so it worked. wait is the point of graff humor? not sure.

youre right graffiti is about having fun...

and sometimes its just that simple..

but... does that imply that graffiti content can only appeal to those with a 5 second attention span and bathroom humor.

..its like monty python.. i mean.. its funny.. and its fun to act that way and talk about spam... but... the second time.. when your looking for a joke that isnt so much a one hit wonder... what then.

it makes it seem like graf is just for angsty adolencence who have nothing but high school jokes.. to tell.

i get it... im just asking.. yeah.. what next.. what are you gonna do with it.

if it is about having fun.

maybe im not making in a sense...

It is silly a thread like this got so many responses. It is a joke, but i love painting stuff like that. Graffiti needs to have more fart jokes, more one liners, more knock knock jokes. It needs something that mocks itself. Reas and Espo are amazing at what they do and have, quite possibly, the most accurate views of what graffiti should be. When you go out to paint one night and you are bitching because you're all out of thin caps or you're trying to do something too wild that's putting you in a bad mood it makes you think "graffiti is a fucking hastle!" Why not have fun.

Bob Hope, you're right about the humor being a quick chuckle for a second then nothing else, but come on, at least it's a break from fleeting ego's and turban talk. (and dude, that monty python skit "confuse a cat" never stops being funny, but i completely understand what you're saying)

And to people like aser1ne...hahaha...good luck in the future bro.

Guest Pilau Hands

i enjoyed it, very few things can make me laugh the first time, and that did it. yee haw for having fun and not taking yourself so goddamn seriously

admire me

admire my clothes...six bucks for this shirt!

both your e's have been done, and your snake s...

the shocker was played in 98... . pretty sure ive seen the bone sticking out of the meat for bars as well.

making funny little pictures out of your letters is a surefire way to be completely unnoriginal, even if your pictures are new... that shits been way too over done... . unless of course you're sento, free5, reas<res?> etc - and been doing it for years, keep up the good work .... otherwise, back to the drawing board...

no disrespect intended. i liked the sketches. just didnt think they were anything progressive for october of 2001.

did somebody poof?

yeesh. between bob hope, res, and espo's views on graffiti, put together, i've found the meaning to most of what i've been involved with these last few years. they've been my biggest inspirations. i posted a thread about my views a few months ago, when i hadn't completely grasped it, but soon did. sure, you may not need to paint something as comical or humor soaked as these sketches, it's not necessarily the product in my eyes, it's the action of letting go and being free with your ideas. we're not drawing within the black lines, folks. graffiti is one of the more self-centered, inconsiderate acts you can pull. why not go all out? why feel obligated to follow the constraints that other writers systematically follow? it's in those daring steps that you find yourself and what it all really means.

this isn't to say that you ought to ignore every aspect of forming solid letters with corresponding details. it's about moderating what you do and don't like, and not feeling obligated to every aching aspect of the so-called rules. the rules can often be used as part of the fun. like hey, let's see if i can pull off my name using only bars with hearts on the end. or experimenting with different styles for the sake of experimentation. sometimes you might feel like you want to go further than experimentation, and really develop something. it's whatever pleases you...and what pleases me is the healthy diet of everything.

that's what makes that handstyle so rad. that spot so unique. that fill-in so crisp. that piece so amusing.

i don't know about you but i'm doing this for kicks. i'm doing this to get away from everything i despise in the real world. i have other mediums for my other needs.

res, you're my homie 4 life yo. you know the drill, captain.

Archived