Usual Suspect Sequel ?

RumPuncher

link

Kevin Spacey is reportedly set to return as crippled con man Roger "Verbal" Kint in a sequel to The Usual Suspects.

The 45-year-old star has told Bryan Singer, who directed the original movie, that he will return for the

sequel.

The actor is currently in Sydney filming his role as Lex Luthor in 'Superman Returns', also being directed by Singer.

Kevin Spacey won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance as Kint alongside Gabriel Bryne, Benicio Del Toro and Pete Postlewaite in The Usual Suspects.

The film followed a group of villains who plot revenge after being rounded up by New York police following a robbery.

-----------------

where do you stand on this?

I personally think you should leave good movies alone.

The last thing I want is 'K-Pax' Spacey messing up this movie's legacy.

But you never know..... it might not be a big pile of steaming 'turd blosoms'

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm torn. On one hand, both kevin spacey and the original usual suspects ruled. On the other hand sequels often suck. I'm just hoping they manage to pull it off. At least its the same director and they still have spacey as opposed to trying to get someone new to play verbal and having some other director.

the original was so classic that even if this were to be a complete bust, the integrity of the original would not be harmed. so i say have at it...

on another spacey note, since i seem to be the only person on the face of the planet who has ever seen "swimming with sharks" let me endorse it right here and now.

it was re-released this week as a special edition. please watch it, it is awesome... its on lions gate.

Originally posted by cracksmoka@Jul 14 2005, 02:10 AM

on another spacey note, since i seem to be the only person on the face of the planet who has ever seen "swimming with sharks" let me endorse it right here and now.

it was re-released this week as a special edition. please watch it, it is awesome... its on lions gate.

DUDE! Yes, I saw that movie when it came out on VHS, fucking brilliant. But Kevin Spacey's been downhill ever since K-Pax. The Shipping News was pretty good, but that Beyond the Sea movie? Total display of bloated ego.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra@Jul 13 2005, 06:28 PM

I'm torn. On one hand, both kevin spacey and the original usual suspects ruled.

Kevin Spacey has made some real stinkers too.

Now Christian Bale on the other hand, seems to

get only the really good roles. I think he's one

of the finest new generation of actors and I'd love

to see him as Chaz Palminteri's assistant in the sequel.

Guest im not witty

damn all kinds of shit in this thread.

first off, not makros is back. i havent seen him in ages.

second, the peant butter solution! holy fuck. that movie used to scare the shit out of me.

third, swimming with sharks. i love that movie but i have enthusiastically showed it to people who were not impressed. "youre happy. I HATE THAT!"

fourth, sequel to one of the greatest twist endings ever? meh.

Originally posted by RumPuncher+Jul 14 2005, 03:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RumPuncher - Jul 14 2005, 03:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MrChupacabra@Jul 13 2005, 06:28 PM

I'm torn. On one hand, both kevin spacey and the original usual suspects ruled.

Kevin Spacey has made some real stinkers too.

Now Christian Bale on the other hand, seems to

get only the really good roles. I think he's one

of the finest new generation of actors and I'd love

to see him as Chaz Palminteri's assistant in the sequel.

[/b]

Yeah, Bale is fucking brilliant. His turn in The Machinist is unbelievable and should be seen by anyone who's even moderatly into cinema.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I watched The Machinist last night and I really fucking liked it. I agree with RumPunchr, Bale is one of the best actors around right now, and is really good about picking his roles. "Reign of Fire" is probably the only slight smear on his record.