Sage Franicis "Escape Artist"

dumy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

why can't i have an opinion that you're all little fucking crabs with no sense of quality or understanding of art?

i don't like everything that sage does, i can't even tell you when was the last time i listened to dude, but sage has been doing his thing long before most of you probably had hair on your balls. he's never sold out, never changed his views or politics and eventually bent the frame of hip hop to allow him a place in it, whether anyone wanted him there or not. nowwwww, personally, even if i hated dudes music, i'd still respect what he's accomplished...but that's just me.

Originally posted by teen_014.jpg+Jul 12 2005, 03:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (teen_014.jpg - Jul 12 2005, 03:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-beardo@Jul 12 2005, 08:17 AM

i listened to 'dead poet live' today.

his live shows are eff'n great!

[/b]

I'll vouch for that. I can't really stomach dude for more than a track or two on record but his stage presence more than makes-up for it.

He still looks like Dave Attell, though.

This topic's still here?

correction...

live shows were great. this is a guy who blew my mind with just himself on stage and a mini-disc which he didn't even know the beat order of...

last show though was a dissapointment though... no crowd interaction, no spoken word, no raw energy.. a dissapointment.

but i still give him the benefit of the doubt...

at first sage francis was alright. but then he started dissing many legends in the rap game (jay z, raekwon, etc) which wasnt at all cool. Especially since he disses these rappers primarily for the fact that they worship the almighty dollar and acts as if these rappers are ruining hip hop. Funny thing is,money has and always will be a huge part of hip hop. look at the cover of eric b and rakims classic album "paid in full", shit was all about showing off money stacks and wearing gold ropes. So basically, sage francis is really taking an outsiders look onto hip hop as a whole. I mean hes kinda like a punk kid rapping about why he hates rap music. thats why its fitting hes on epitaph. sage francis is a joke, for real. a joke that white kids seem to love though