new va thread

dcstylez149

14X16 canvas.

background is an excerpt from Egdar Allen Poe's "The Raven"

Excerpt:

But the raven, sitting lonely on that placid bust, spoke only

That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.

Nothing further then he uttered; not a feather then he fluttered;

Till I scarcely more than muttered, "Other friends have flown before;

On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before."

Then the bird said, "Nevermore."

The raven

thegoodtheravenpic4og.jpg

theraven29qw.jpg

close up

theraven66nj.jpg

also... i was practicing some flares @ this place that gets buffed like every week... could i get some crit?

img11557hi.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by FuzZy@Dec 27 2005, 02:27 PM

vt3.jpg

HOKIES letters turned out fresh

but not a big fan of the VT

dcstyles, that Hokies is pretty dubious, that straight letter looks suspiciously too good for someone who painted this horrible shit

after.jpg

only a few weeks before. Busted? please make some pitiful attempt at explaining how you either bit the letters or go someone decent to do that for you. ;)

first of all dcstyles, your shit is wack and that throw up you did looked worse then the diarhea i had after eating mexican food for 3 weeks striaght. first off, stop trying to be tight and doing some shitty bubble letter on some guy's ramp and totally fucking up the entire ramp by your shit stain of a throwie you ass clown. get some legit shit then talk, until then keep biting and dick riding, fag. :clown2: :clown2:

ight creme yea u caught me im biting! yea but no im really not ur the one that has to practice on graph paper and crit people but never show ur work! so i advise u to shut tha fuck up or get fucked up! and yea all my shyt is me i aint bitting il battle u if u want to show u that i aint dick ridin no one the only one that is dick riding would be ya mother and i get all my thoughts from ur mothers Brain that she gives nice and well to me every nite........

dcstylez149- No, I'm too old for that shit. My wife and two kids cuts in to my painting time (hell, it cuts into my drawing time) so I'm restricted to doing inside projects. Too much to lose also. I might have some pictures of a few things I did back in the 90's but they're not that good anyway. Like I said in my first post in this thread, I never really amounted to much as a painter.

hey dcstylez or whatever..... What the fuck were you thinking painting the doghouse ramp?? I've been skating that shit for the past 7 or 8 years and now its fucking whack because you little kids drew some shit all over it. Not to mention you went over my boys Rezist and Germs in the process. You shoulda at least just done hollows if you were gonna do that.....You really need to fix that shit cuz alot of people are pissed. Tonz of dc kings grew up skating that spot and now its whack..... pm me if you got any questions.

Soaker- You probably don't see any "graf or bombing", as you put it because this is in a section called Paper Chase, hence all the drawings on um, well.....paper. Way to noodle that one out.

As for being too old, let's break it down: I work all day. I come home, have a drink, say hi to my wife and then play with my kids. By the time we've eaten dinner and the kids are asleep, it's about 11pm. Add to the fact that my son is 2 months old, he likes to stay awake during those prime painting times and seeing as though I'm one of those "new age" dads/husbands, I actually get up with him. So all said and done, I get about three to four hours of sleep a night only to wake up and have to go to work again. Am I complaining? Hell no, I love my life, but it is just that homeboy- life. I'm 31 and when I say I'm too old to go painting, I don't mean physically- I take care of my shit. I'm too old in the sense that I'm too bound my my responsibilities to do what I want to do for myself.

Enough of the novel. Thanks for the interest. Perhaps next time, you could also post some of your work in addition to your shit talking in an attempt to inspire this "bullshit ass thread." I don't doubt that you have some skills, so please share.