Looks like Australia is gonna whoop England's ass

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I miss cricket a lot.

I've tried keeping up with it online since I moved to the states. but it's just nott the same...

how's south africa been lately? heard the indies went to shit and pakistan is having some issues with their bowlers

Yeah, we won... (not that anyone cares it seems)

Ponting got 100 runs and has crept back into form, Brett Lee got 5 wickets too, he's been bowling pretty well lately.

Synaps, those three teams you mentioned are sort of struggling, India is going allright and Bangladesh beat Australia in a One Dayer believe it or not.

this thread should stay open for the sake of those chatting about the ashes in a couple of weeks. :smiles:

its gonna be nice shoutong at brett lee for getting to angry. im off to see him vs. leicestershire on the 15th in a warm up. leicester are set to get whipped but i can still shout.

Originally posted by shaolinmasta@Jul 10 2005, 05:41 PM

Synaps, those three teams you mentioned are sort of struggling, India is going allright and Bangladesh beat Australia in a One Dayer believe it or not.

izit?

hahahahaah. how in the fuck...

so SA's been doing badly lately, yeah? too shame.

I could be very wrong here, like I said before, I hardly ever hear anything about cricket anymore. maybe only once or twice a year

but

didn't SA beat, or just barely lose to Aus i n the tri-nation earlier this year? perhaps it was last year?!

For real though, cricket seems like a good game. As far as I can gather the pitcher is trying to knock down the sticks behind the batter. I just have no idea how the scoring works, and why the games go for 3 days. Better than baseball, no matter how you look at it.

A story: I met two random girls at this pub a few weeks ago who were from Africa. One was from South Africa and one was from Zimbabwe. We were on the train to their spot when the subject of cricket came up.

The girl from Zimbabwe started going on about how all the black players were ruining Zimbabwe cricket because they wanted a sort of equal representation on the team and how she was against it.

The train got quiet with a quickness. I have absolutely no idea what she was talking about...

Originally posted by effyoo@Jul 11 2005, 07:52 AM

The girl from Zimbabwe started going on about how all the black players were ruining Zimbabwe cricket because they wanted a sort of equal representation on the team and how she was against it.

The train got quiet with a quickness. I have absolutely no idea what she was talking about...

from what i gather the equal representation thingo means that there have to

be a certain number of black players on the team, and there aren't generally

as many good black players as white ones, soooo, the team is shitter cos

they have to pick players based on skin colour, not skill level. kinda defeats

the purpose...

ah yes. rugby season... a special time in my life.

I just started playing rugby again after almost 8years in the states.

used to play loose head prop for SA under 17 before I left home. when I got to the states it was impossible for me to find anyclubs to join, so I took a long break.

feels good to be playing again...

just wish I could find cricket and waterpolo clubs

used to play loose head prop for SA under 17 before I left home. when I got to the states it was impossible for me to find anyclubs to join, so I took a long break.

Yeah Australia just won this last NatWest match pretty convisingly (8 wickets with 15 overs left).

Adam Gilchrist slaughtered the Englishmen hitting around 124 off like 90 balls, Jason Gillespie and Kaprowicz look like their running back into form...

Australia looks set for the Ashes lets drill these poms.

• 1 month later...

_40789862_light.jpg

"Richie Benaud will be commentating for the last time in England as his 42-year broadcasting career comes to an end"

thats all im really upset about.

"The crowds have been flooding into The Oval in preparation for the most eagerly-awaited day of sport in England for a generation." BBC News.

enough said.