Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Harvey Wallbanger

The Legend of Zelda theme song

Tonight at 8 pm, the LA philharmonic is performing a set of old Nintendo game theme songs. Seriously. Hollywood bowl, 2301 N. Highland ave, in Hollywood of course. While not quite as cool as drinking caucasians with Gary at Hollywood Star Lanes, it is enough to make me wish I was in LA.

I wish i had someone to go with, other wise people will just think im a dork listening to nintendo music. It would be much better to be in a pair of dorks.

hollywood bowl is not a bowling alley. its a huge amplitheater. but it is in hollywood. a pretty dope place.. you can take whatever food and drinks you want into the place. they just renovated it a year back, so now it has a new soundsystem. any you can usually get cheap tickets and sneak down to a better seat.

109_0977.sized.jpg

hbowl.jpg

hollywood_bowl.jpg

but there is this hollywood bowl too. but the philharmonic will not be here.

Hollywood_BOWL.jpg

i'm going to the bowl in a few weeks to see femi kuti and Mos Def presents: Biggie, a big band hip hop expierience...

interesting.

here's tonights program.. hmmmm..$12

A live concert event featuring full orchestra and choir performing music from the greatest video games, plus laser and light sequences, video clips, live characters, and a special segment dedicated to retro arcade classics!

Games scheduled to be included are:

MarioTM

Zelda®

Halo®

Metal Gear Solid®

Warcraft®

Myst®

Final Fantasy®

Castlevania®

Medal of HonorTM

SonicTM

Tron©

Tomb Raider®

Advent Rising

Headhunter

Beyond Good & EvilTM

Splinter Cell®

Ghost ReconTM

Rainbow Six®

EverQuest® II

Pong®

Donkey Kong®

Yeah, my sources indicated that it was a bowling alley. This makes way more sense. I remember seeing this place in that David Spade movie where he kidnaps his hot neighbor's dog.

On what is apparently an unrelated note, does anyone know if they finally tore down the Hollywood Star Lanes? It's the alley where they filmed the Big Lebowski. I remember after that movie came out, they had to take down the neon stars from the side of the building 'cuz Dude wannabes kept trying to steal them.

Awesome.

I really like Mr. Bungles rendition of The Legend of Zelda. It's funny as hell.

I was actually listening to The God of War soundtrack the other day. Go ahead. Laugh.

^^^hahaha

NERD

EDIT:this was all in jest, you know you my boy villeezy

AGE OF RUIN has done one of the, if not the, best zelda tracks i've heard. its so ridiculously METAL. super fast, and so, so rocking.

Originally posted by nomadawhat@Jul 6 2005, 04:09 PM

hollywood bowl is not a bowling alley. its a huge amplitheater. but it is in hollywood. a pretty dope place.. you can take whatever food and drinks you want into the place. they just renovated it a year back, so now it has a new soundsystem. any you can usually get cheap tickets and sneak down to a better seat.

109_0977.sized.jpg

hbowl.jpg

hollywood_bowl.jpg

my mans and them says hollywood is the butters for hookers.80 dollars for a bitch with a room.ima lube that up when i get my beemer.

There is a chicago band called industry and they did a venture called "the power ups"

inwhich they covered tons of nintendo songs. See if you can find it, their sound is

that of 80's hair bands all about sex, cars, and beer.

Originally posted by sarahyoulose@Jul 7 2005, 02:22 PM

IM SORRY THE BEST NINTENDO RENDITION BAND IS THE ADVANTAGE

NO QUESTION

are you kidding? the minibosses are without a doubt superior.

I would love to hear "Attack on Dollet" from FF8 performed.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this