DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So, I'm doing this as a favor for Loaf.

Clicking the following link will take you to two recordings of Pak's voicemail.

http://twelveouncechatter.xanga.com/708504611/paks-voicemailbox/

Apparently they painted a buffed wall for a legal project and got rained out and couldn't finish. Which didn't really matter as they just got rebuffed the following day, so i can understand some of Riku's anger in the first voicemail, but the second one where she gets her boy with the funny accent to threaten them with his crew from Folsom and Lincoln Park is hilarious.

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KIDS KNOW HOW I GET DOWN.

this wasnt too long ago.

MCCribsSINTEX.jpg

MOTORCITY CRIBS FT. SINTEX

Detroit weekly street magazine METROTIMES is featuring my main man SINTEX this week, & I am very proud of my boo. Check it out for yo'self. If you live in the area, don't forget to pick up your copy by TODAY TUESDAY DECEMBER 2!

Motor City Cribs

SinTex's crib, where he keeps the notebooks

By Doug Coombe -- Even if you don't know who the hell Detroit's master graffiti artist SinTex is, you've seen his work. It's all over Detroit, even gracing the Black History Mobile 101 Museum.

The 26-year-old SinTex (born Brian Glass) has been rocking the spray paint for more than 10 years. Dude studied commercial art at Detroit's Crockett Technical High School (where he also captained the golf team!) and went on to study at Pratt and CCS. SinTex's kinda like Glenn Barr's long-lost brother, but one who grew up in Detroit listening to hip hop.

Besides illustration, animation and graffiti art, SinTex recently taught himself 3-D computer rendering and began making wildly imaginative action figures of Detroit hip-hop stars. He's got one of Phat Kat completed, with action figures of Black Milk, Guilty Simpson and Danny Brown in the works.

His graffiti pieces are typically large, vividly colored and retina-saturating tributes to hip-hop and African American icons, B-boys and B-girls, and the occasional kung fu figure.

"To pull the details off with aerosol you have to work large," SinTex says. Typically the guy can pull off a floor-to-ceiling piece in a few hours. SinTex pays the bills working (and frequently flying to Europe) for Plutonium G spray paints. His studio's conveniently around the corner from his Madison Heights digs.

Stored beneath SinTex's drafting table are more than 100 notebooks filled with years of character sketches. "One of my Crockett teachers told me never to throw out a notebook, because you don't always appreciate when you have a good idea. Mr. Corbin, if you're out there, I still got 'em all."

MCCribs.jpg

peace to all them guys who show me love, and all my fans. keep ya head up.

so listen, I'm a gangster. watch out for oscar! and from now on it's pee wees feeding bitches sausage! some of the better shit I have ever heard, graf related or not. and the retarded thing is, not that I really know anyone personally from fbs, but one, why would you want beef with by far the crew that gets up more than any other in detroit, no one even comes close, and when did riku become the mayor of detroit graf? I could understand being a little pissed buttfuck, get over the shit. oh well bump pak and loaf for making me laugh this morning. fuck just bump fbs period.

Just getting it out of the way ahead of time, the issue's been resolved...the wall was in an unlikely area for a legal joint and there wasn't much indication of it other than riku-ish buff marks.

Loaf had me record them when I came through last night. We laughed at it a bunch...and wanted to share.