DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

ahhhh the story never gets old. I have had this conversation here on this thread, with my boys, and with my 7 year old son. motherfuckers get up. period. they also get up in yards. and in chill ass spots. and a lot of the 2 letter shit is straight garbage. and from what I have heard, that they may or may not have painted some other names before this, it is truly disappointing. and the fact is, and you know this cause you do straight up street burners, and by you there is no need to name drop, you know who you are, there is no fucking vandal squad. there is no money in this city to fight any graf problem. you can basically do what the fuck you want here. so why keep doing the same repetitive style over and over everywhere you go. I looked up to some of yall back earlier this decade, and made me want to paint. I cannot imagine kids looking at that shit and then have a new generation of writers just doing shitty 2 letter throwies. than again, what the fuck do I know.

and bump that olse kobe posted.

If this is true Expect me to make many trips up that way during this summer

remember when we were on your porch smoking, and you were totally like, man, if I could only have the skill that dont and savy had, I would love life so much more? crunk? hahaha, than you and noe went out on a mad scrub filled throwy mission while listening to boy sets fire, you were totally on the pegs. remember that?

don't take offense to scrub filled throwies, that post was for my friend crunk and I to laugh at. or get mad. I ride beach cruisers. bitches.

I totally remember that. We were all like smokin angel dust and rockin college mascot costumes and shit. And I think we were bumpin The Cardigans, you know how hardcore gives me the runs. But you know how me and Noe roll, banana seats and two heads to a bike. As I recall I ditched the normal camo pants and hoodie getup for a white belt and some checkered van slip ons that evening. Or maybe it was assless chaps, either way that shit was straight gangsta.

For the record I've never met Noe and I like Boy Sets Fire but I'd still totally ride on the back of his bike just for the sheer amount of street cred it would earn me.

Unicycles on dubs foe lyfe.

What do you mean? They bomb more than ANYONE in this city hands down. Whats not to 'feel' about it? It's fun to drive around and see the same people smashing the city over and over.

I feel that.

At the same time I'd rather see someone drop a piece at a hot spot. There's so many spots that you can just chill at and pull off something real nice. But that's what they do. Can't get mad at them.

I can respect it for what it is to a point. The problem I have with it though is that they have the city on smash, and their throwies still havent improved AT ALL. It's the same half assed fills and sloppy fuzzy ass drippy outlines on just about every spot I've seen. It'd be one thing if every time I saw a new one there would be some kind of progression, but there isnt. I dont think just cuz someone's been writing a long time that they all of a sudden just have a god given right to become completely mediocre and still garner the same amount of respect for it. What if Army or Kosek had pulled that a couple years ago, that wouldnt have flown.

That's my opinion, which is much like an asshole in more ways than one. And Stori your throwie is fresh and CLEARLY you've put more thought into it than any of them.

ethersock them flicks remind me of when i was 17 and had a baby death... all the crappy "let me lay down on the ground next to a ledge" shots along with "sit between the dirt jumps" shots... oh god...

as for the throw up shit fest... i'm not touching that with a 10ft pole... i will say that dont has some of the best handstyles in the city now...

not sure what you mean, glen, the fish eye? just got back from a solo mission: appeared for a trespassing ticket at the 36th,got walked up on by some dude in the corridor, dropped a $1400 camera set up on some concrete, then lost my car key for a while on the tracks by new center. all before 11AM. had to smoke a ripper and watch antiques road show on CBC to calm down.

p.s. kids, don't run with a key in your hoodie pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you'd think it wouldn't take me 30 years to figure that shit out...

not sure what you mean, glen, the fish eye? just got back from a solo mission: appeared for a trespassing ticket at the 36th,got walked up on by some dude in the corridor, dropped a $1400 camera set up on some concrete, then lost my car key for a while on the tracks by new center. all before 11AM. had to smoke a ripper and watch antiques road show on CBC to calm down.

p.s. kids, don't run with a key in your hoodie pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you'd think it wouldn't take me 30 years to figure that shit out...

a baby death fish eye (century optics or whatever)... i think it was 3.5 or something... i dunno anymore, all i remember is the death lens was real huge and the baby death was smaller and cheaper...

one of deeeez (stolen flick)

53434018_31934640c0.jpg