DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

Some of the details of phase one of the project include:

• The path will stretch one mile in length, running north and south along half of the former rail corridor. The paved path will be 20 feet wide and will include separate lanes for bicycle and foot traffic.

• The other half will be left in natural grasses and reserved for potential future rail transit. The possibility still exists, Sutherland says, that in the future a light rail line could be developed in the cut.

• The pathway will include lighting and security cameras.

• Landscape modification includes selective clearing of underbrush, preservation of specimen trees and selective planting of appropriate native species.

• ADA compliant access ramps will be placed at Lafayette Street and Gratiot Avenue, at the southern end of Eastern Market. The ramps will be able to accommodate maintenance and emergency vehicles.

• Sutherland says because the Cut has already seen organic development by artists, the DDP supports keeping the area as an art park. “It makes sense to keep it going rather than try to develop a similar concept elsewhere,” he says.

What would be pretty cool is if they eventually turned it into a public transit sytem like they're talking.

Some of the details of phase one of the project include:

• The path will stretch one mile in length, running north and south along half of the former rail corridor. The paved path will be 20 feet wide and will include separate lanes for bicycle and foot traffic.

• The other half will be left in natural grasses and reserved for potential future rail transit. The possibility still exists, Sutherland says, that in the future a light rail line could be developed in the cut.

• The pathway will include lighting and security cameras.

• Landscape modification includes selective clearing of underbrush, preservation of specimen trees and selective planting of appropriate native species.

• ADA compliant access ramps will be placed at Lafayette Street and Gratiot Avenue, at the southern end of Eastern Market. The ramps will be able to accommodate maintenance and emergency vehicles.

• Sutherland says because the Cut has already seen organic development by artists, the DDP supports keeping the area as an art park. “It makes sense to keep it going rather than try to develop a similar concept elsewhere,” he says.

What would be pretty cool is if they eventually turned it into a public transit sytem like they're talking.

Didn't this proposal come up about 3-4 years ago? I remember something like this being said on Motosoul (when it was up)

That is really fucked up, because that is like a fucking mad chill spot. Some of the finest pieces were placed there.

Looks like I have to find another place to practice my shak'n burnt letters.

RIP yard... I think a tear came to my eye.