DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

#1 free sekt one

#2 I would just like to say this the f-ing pass word thing is gay if I don't have my note book with my pass word in it than I have to go to my e-mail and waste time that I don't have and then get a new pass word that I don't remember. What the fuck so word up I don't like it... free sekt one

#3 we be having pool parties! UDGK

#4 I don't want to sell my soul........... Records or my jazz Colletshon on that tip...HA HA

#5 much love to all the handy in this city I bezz see in! I am rocking the history of Detroit architecture class and all I see is mops and markers good good good stuff

#6 Dame is the man > I think that sides just a couple of pretty boys on that justo/dame wall... ha ha ha

#7 sekt ones birthday is on it way so will be having a big party get at me!

Much love hope you all can come to this show going down in big flint! ah ah hip hop.....

When:

so this is it the press relies should be fun hope you all can come and enjoy !!!

Friday Jul 28, 2006

at 5:00 PM

Where:

Flint Institute of Arts

1120 E. Kearsley St.

Flint, AL 48503

US

Hip hop influenced art is another one of those unfamiliar art forms that deserves recognition. You have to come to this eventful opening just to see what these highly influential artists are doing.

Please RSVP to this event

SPREAD THE WORD...

********» Blog this

********» Bulletin this

FIA Theater: Hip Hop Film Festival

Series dates: July 28-30, 2006

Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Admission: Members - $5; General Admission - $6 (per day)

Location: Flint Institute of Arts, 1120 E. Kearsley St., Flint, MI 48503

Parking: Free parking is available near the front and rear entrances.

Sponsors: Ruth Mott Foundation, Friends of Modern Art, Michigan Public Media, and Ann Arbor Audio

The Hip Hop Film Festival

An educational and entertaining experience in the Flint Cultural Center featuring art, music, and 9 movies!

The influence of Hip Hop is pervasive in the music, art, literature, fashion and films of American culture and grows stronger every year. Touring in the U.S. and abroad throughout the year, The Hip Hop Film Festival showcases progressive urban cinema that addresses social and individual responsibility while countering the apathy, cynicism and violence so pervasive in society today. For years many Hip Hop artists have worked to transcend old stereotypes and to represent a set of positive, progressive values. The HHFF serves as a dedicated forum in which these values�and the people who live by them�can be celebrated, examined, and understood. For more information, please visit: http://www.hiphopfilmfestival.com.

Friday, July 28

5:00 PM � Opening Night Party

An unveiling of a hip-hop inspired art in the FIA Lobby, organized by Michigan-based artist and curator Craig Paul Nowak.

Featured artists:

RIKU (Detroit, MI)

SEKT One (Detroit,MI)

John Fletcher (Flint, MI)

MINES (Kentucky)

LaKela Brown (Detroit, MI)

Serge Gay Jr. (Florida)

Craig Paul Nowak (Brighton/Detroit, MI)

ARMY (Detroit, MI)

Kneecap (Flint, MI)

Kosek (Ann Arbor, MI)

And others

Featuring musical performances by Rosta Records artists Theory, G-Wiz, Main Event and DJ. Plus screenings of locally produced videos: �104-1/2 Street Short� and �Woman II Woman.�

6:00 PM - Nobody Knows My Name (1999, documentary, 58 minutes-- followed by discussion with director Rachel Raimist)

7:30 PM - Scratch (2002, documentary, 90 minutes)

Saturday, July 29

1:30 PM - Style Wars (1983, documentary, 70 minutes)

3:00 PM - The Freshest Kids (2002, documentary, 90 minutes)

5:00 PM - Bomb The System (2003, drama, 95 minutes)

7:30 PM - Wild Style (1982, drama, 82 minutes)

The History of Turntablism (�H.o.T�) at the Sloan Museum

Organized by the Art Caf� of Davison, Michigan, the �H.o.T� exhibition at the Sloan Museum will display antique and retro turntables, art, photography, videos, and other ephemera of DJ culture. A performance event will take place on Saturday, July 29th, from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

Sunday, July 30

1:30 PM - What's Up Fat Lip? (2002, documentary short, 27 minutes)

2:00 PM - Breath Control (2001, documentary, 73 minutes)

3:30 PM - Freestyle (2003, documentary, 72 minutes-- followed by discussion with filmmakers Kevin Fitzgerald, Todd Hickey, and Rachel Raimist)

More details to come about related events (workshops, guest performances) on Saturday and Sunday.

The Flint Institute of Arts is a museum and art school located in the Flint Cultural Center in Flint, Michigan. Visitors can enjoy an active program of changing exhibitions, masterpieces from the special collection, weekly films, studio classes, and a variety of educational programs and special events throughout the year.