DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

The fact is, things ain't changed. Not how you think. The reason for many of those alleged graffiti rules is to limit police exposure. To cut down on beefing. The reason you might not want to smack around an old ass man like Mondo, who even fucking Ryan Gosling likes, is because the community takes notice. The media makes a stink. A good samaritan comes forward with a fucking video. Yeah, a video. Smile you two, yer being blamed for beating up Mondo cause you got long hair. Or maybe niets did it, or hutes. Fact is taggers are like ghosts, hard to capture, unless you smack an old man around and get the police to notice. Nice job.

well, it finally happened.

don't post the fucking dumb video on here, we all know it's bullshit.

WE ALL KNOW IT WASN'T THE GUYS IN THAT VIDEO WHO FUCKED WITH THE OLD MAN DOWNTOWN, it's that simple, no need for discussion.

Now, it's TIME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

DO NOT MENTION NAMES, DON'T DRY SNITCH.

(don't know what dry snitching means? then you shouldn't be talking AT ALL.)

You dont hit an old ass man simply bc you dont hit an old ass man. The "game" has not not changed. The rules have not changed. Only the quality of writer has changed and it don't look so good......

Bump that Stori and no daps to toys with mullets and nose piercings destroying the property of the working man.

• Like 1

You dont hit an old ass man simply bc you dont hit an old ass man. The "game" has not not changed. The rules have not changed. Only the quality of writer has changed and it don't look so good......

Bump that Stori and no daps to toys with mullets and nose piercings destroying the property of the working man.

This pretty much nails it dead on. The quality of writer has gone down the toilet. Every new jack that picks up a can has some false sense of entitlement these days and they seem to have bigger egos than cats that have been doing it for ten plus years, i just don't get it. Sad part is, this will blow over at some point and the toys responsible for this incident will be long gone and the rest of us will still be here, and that's the difference between graffiti writers and toys. And yes that stori is real good.

When I got into writing and Sehv and Kosek were king (not just in Detroit but Ann Arbor, Pontiac, etc), it was a lot different than now. Nobody had huge ego's and everyone had a mutual respect. Toy's were mentored. People have no respect for elders or o.gs today. I know I had beef with Ansiq and Tead but atleast I manned up to admit I was wrong, Army, Dare, Sense and Dibs mentored me to help progess my style. Idea helped me expand. Than 2002 came around and the 'scene' got more writers than the usual 12.

As much as I love to see all the graffiti in Detroit, the tourists are ruining it. I can talk about Detroit graffiti because I saw it from the 80's 90's to 2004 when I moved to the East Coast than Germany. Alot of new jacks don't even know that Ann Arbor is where graffiti was for a majority of Michigan up until the early 2000's. In fact, most people painted Ann Arbor because that's where the writers dwelled.

I am glad for the writers I have painted with in Detroit, Met and Networked with.

All these new kids who came from nowhere and act like "they are Detroit" need to check themselves. Because I never saw you on the streets or at the HipHop Olympics or any other Rap Letter event back when I was painting in the Metro Area.

Look at how humble the O.g's are, get off your faggot ass high horses. Most of you have no style it's the fact you use designer paint that makes the clean fills and easy cut's in your highlights.

And before you come at me, remember I was on Motosoul when half you kids were in Diapers.

WorldBench Veteran

And this is my 3rd account.

When I got into writing and Sehv and Kosek were king (not just in Detroit but Ann Arbor, Pontiac, etc), it was a lot different than now. Nobody had huge ego's and everyone had a mutual respect. Toy's were mentored. People have no respect for elders or o.gs today. I know I had beef with Ansiq and Tead but atleast I manned up to admit I was wrong, Army, Dare, Sense and Dibs mentored me to help progess my style. Idea helped me expand. Than 2002 came around and the 'scene' got more writers than the usual 12.

As much as I love to see all the graffiti in Detroit, the tourists are ruining it. I can talk about Detroit graffiti because I saw it from the 80's 90's to 2004 when I moved to the East Coast than Germany. Alot of new jacks don't even know that Ann Arbor is where graffiti was for a majority of Michigan up until the early 2000's. In fact, most people painted Ann Arbor because that's where the writers dwelled.

I am glad for the writers I have painted with in Detroit, Met and Networked with.

All these new kids who came from nowhere and act like "they are Detroit" need to check themselves. Because I never saw you on the streets or at the HipHop Olympics or any other Rap Letter event back when I was painting in the Metro Area.

Look at how humble the O.g's are, get off your faggot ass high horses. Most of you have no style it's the fact you use designer paint that makes the clean fills and easy cut's in your highlights.

And before you come at me, remember I was on Motosoul when half you kids were in Diapers.

WorldBench Veteran

lol half these kids prolly don't even know what Motosoul is, lets not forget Detroit Underground.

Lolol motosoul... I wish they never redid that. Shut sucks now. Y'all member the shades section?? That bitch bent over shittin with a crown on and "shades" on her ass??? Lololol world bench.. Looooootta writers mention. Bump an the mention of Ann arbor to.. Mist cats DON'T realize that. And the scene is still goin hard as fuck out there... Shut hot as fuck though and they still put in work.... Yeah. Someone gonna get but hurt bout the mention of Ann arbor.. But fuck it. Nice yards out there. Bump all u old heads that paved the way for the new cats. And I wish Detroit would go back to the grimy black an gray strights. I do appreciate a nice burner from a local street side... But come on?? When some fools come in and do 4;53554 color burners and shut. Just takes the raw street feel away from it, my bad... Still kinda hi an rambling. Lol

WorldBench Veteran

ok skeeter ......this is sekt a writer who did it and was up during this period u speak of ...plz dont say kosek and sev where kings ...no dis too kosek my man ,buts sev was way before koseks time ..diego fmk and cesp blew up a2 and me and dibs in 95 i actually remember rolling out spots at the hospital yard in a2 with its first layer with diego u are so misguided from what was reALLY POPPIN IM SORRY WHILE U THOUGHT U knew something back then idk ...I WAS TOO BUSY painting for real BEING SKOOLED AND PUT ON GAME BY THE REAL KINGS OF DETROI GRAFF ...NO DIS TO KOSEK HE IS A KING IN HIS IN RITE ....THE TRUE KINGS MHCREW ...JUSTO/BETA,HARP 1st generation real shit ,SO ...JUST SAYING PLAYA AIGHT CUZ IM 39 YRS OLD ..IM STILL HERE in the hood ..riding around and getting it sectone ebc spmob 93 till :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: and damn pizzy chill on my people i never talk to u or ur crew like that .. dubl shows how humble one can b .... and dude no one had ego,s u ever meet justo or been skooled by him daily back in 93 94 ..huge ego huugee