DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

Damn...I try to never downplay shit, but with cats sayin' how ill that shit is.... That production is definitely not even close to being top 10 productions in Detroit. Fel/Malt/Fosik alone has to have at least 5 better than that. Of course it's all opinion, and not dissin' at all, it's really really good to see cats startin' to put some sort of effort into walls after years of seein' bullshit pieces where half of them don't even have a rolled wall behind that shit. Bump that shit hard though, but the talent involved there, push this wall aside, I'd bet some dollars we're gonna see some real ill shit in the near future from talented writers like those cats.

that is a nice production....as far as the background goes....i can tell those dudes put in some time to rock that shit out. although...one of the main things that production is missing is GOOD LETTERS(with the exception of that aires) so yeah...if you are talking backgrounds...that is one of the most proper themes for a background that i have seen in detroit for sure. props on that. however those letters are pure butt..again...with the exception of aires.

you and my homie are before my time, and got to see some wild ass shit, including this city grow up and the early days. but like you said, the detail, the background, I think that mekan is on fucking point letter wise, sisto shit goes pretty hard, and aires might be the best writer in this city, my opinion. I need to see some of these old school yard productions, cause I think its safe to say, we havent seen something like what those niggas just did and a very long time.

regardless on who I get along with and who I dont now a days, bump what yall niggas did. propper as fuck. and bump all yall niggas in the streets, past, present, and future in this city.

best background award would have to go to fel with that dude blowin his head off in the bathroom stall, with the pest and all the old southwest kids tags all over the stall..not peice wise but background wise..thats just my opinion, i think the sweat shop prodo would have had way better feed back had it not been so hyped prior to us seeing flicks

• Like 1

my bad for hyping up the shit I suppose. i havent seen any of these old school productions, but for my money, that wall is the best shit I have seen in detroit as far as that shit goes, and I think we can all agree that its nice to see cats doing shit like that, regardless. peace.

alright, enough about silly backgrounds and colorful burners... lets get back on topic about bombing cause that's where its really at. piecing is what ever, but there's nothing like going out N hanging off a bridge or chillin on a blunt hitting a dope street side, climbing a rooftop, above everything gazing over the city we all love.

It doesn't hurt to study up on art. The rules for illustration and painting with oils are just as valuable in this game. Call it art faggotry if you want to, but those techniques is what made those old market pieces so damn fresh.

The Sweat Shop Attacks piece was dope, but I think it could have been better in the background aspect. I'm not getting into letters and who is better...i'm still working on my letters, and learning to get the whole technique down. I think the background needs more stuff happening. It doesn't have that much life in it.

Now, before you all jump down my throat -pause- and start saying i'm hating and shit, hold them horses. Just because cats have a lot of experience or been in the game a certain time doesnt mean they can't get some constructive criticism. All I'm doing is critiquing what I see.

To solve the problem I think what would help is to have some smoke coming out from spots that were already hit. Then, in the background have that shit look like they are working from the back to the forefront. So the background should fade from red, orange, etc. to the bluish sky. When a city is in flames it takes on that color...I may have to photoshop it for a better explanation. There is some more stuff but I am tired.

I'm not hating...I loved the piece. I just wanted to put in my two cents. Try to help out best I can. Cats have helped me and my homie in the past with tips and tricks..

them sweat shop boys..... them extinguishers

alright, enough about silly backgrounds and colorful burners... lets get back on topic about bombing cause that's where its really at. piecing is what ever, but there's nothing like going out N hanging off a bridge or chillin on a blunt hitting a dope street side, climbing a rooftop, above everything gazing over the city we all love.

Nothing else like it

Tell you the truth...this whole shit is a twist in the game, and I hope that detroit cats ride out the hype from these past days about doing productions. This shit could go on for this whole summer, and ride out for years to come. Midwest cities who had a fifth of the talent Detroit has NOW was blazin' out some of the nicest panel walls you ever seen back in the mid to late 90's. Y'all crushed Detroit...it's been crushed for a long time bombing wise. It's only natural to start progressing to more complicated situations.

Bump wickedwacko on the whole bombing is what's up. True that, but progression is what dictates a "generation" in our city's graffiti history book. Detroit's street game is pretty different from other cities and it has thrived for years......so can the quality wall game. Dig deep, everything in graf ain't been touched yet. Detroit always shines. Bump every single last one of you fucked up muthafuckas painting shit with all you got now.....history's yours to make the way you want it to turn out if you got the heart to do it.

On a side note....shit is wild to say, but I tend to agree on 99.9% of the shit outta DSD's mouth...Aires pretty much has the #1 spot in this city this year.