DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This city produces too much disappointing graffiti

oh. right. you might be correct. i mean theres definitely writers who are aesthetically more pleasing to view than others (depending on your taste), have more experience and practice, better form, structure, style and color balance, composition, etc....but idk, for me, anything anybody 'scribbles' or takes the time to artistically put up across a wall/freight/deserted factory/etc. and deface public and private property, de/recode flows, anybody who takes some kind of risk, small or large, is important enough and, imo, should be flickd and shared, cos the risk to write ultimately in the end protects my right to think and speak and live freely....graffiti is the oldest form of radical and active rupturing and challenge to the status quo and the state of those in power and capital, in the book...and extending into ones and zeros on the net just amplifies its power...look at the middle east at the moment....but, anyway, im grateful to anyone out there who has a voice or vision and wants whatever they want to say to be heard by writing the structures of any city or space anywhere &/or decides to take out their frustration for whatever life's circumstances has dealt them in words and color expressed across the walls instead of possibly less productive outlets...and besides, 'bad' or disappointing graffiti can just challenge the notion of what 'good' graffiti should and ought to be capable of...so. just my two cents...hopefully this wont piss anyone off...dont mean to be a soapbox...i like seeing all the writing, especially in detroit..so..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

oh. right. you might be correct. i mean theres definitely writers who are aesthetically more pleasing to view than others (depending on your taste), have more experience and practice, better form, structure, style and color balance, composition, etc....but idk, for me, anything anybody 'scribbles' or takes the time to artistically put up across a wall/freight/deserted factory/etc. and deface public and private property, de/recode flows, anybody who takes some kind of risk, small or large, is important enough and, imo, should be flickd and shared, cos the risk to write ultimately in the end protects my right to think and speak and live freely....graffiti is the oldest form of radical and active rupturing and challenge to the status quo and the state of those in power and capital, in the book...and extending into ones and zeros on the net just amplifies its power...look at the middle east at the moment....but, anyway, im grateful to anyone out there who has a voice or vision and wants whatever they want to say to be heard by writing the structures of any city or space anywhere &/or decides to take out their frustration for whatever life's circumstances has dealt them in words and color expressed across the walls instead of possibly less productive outlets...and besides, 'bad' or disappointing graffiti can just challenge the notion of what 'good' graffiti should and ought to be capable of...so. just my two cents...hopefully this wont piss anyone off...dont mean to be a soapbox...i like seeing all the writing, especially in detroit..so..

Nigga shut the fuck up and post flicks fool. No one wants to hear your two cents about graffiti.