Intermediate

bboy_dlyt

fair enough, do your thing. This thread has been dead for quite a while, except for when i get drunk and bump it to see what happens.

This is what happens, and this is why there isn't an intermediate thread on this site. I keep fuckin up when i bump it...

Sorry to everyone.

and yes, i know that outline is terrible.

On second thought, it would be dope if there were enough heads in this thread to give real crits rather than the same shit you hear in the toy thread. /momentofclarity

keep throwin up pics, let's see what happens here.

SNC00393.jpg

likin this. Dope fill!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya but I make look better than most toys who try to write it. And why the fuck would I go simpler for a toy like you? ...nah I'm good Ill keep my style, sides what do you want me to have the same style as you or what, kuz that would just be gay not everyone wants to do the same shit that's graff expressing yourself in your own fuggin way...:|

...Oh ya rea, really its not supposed to go one way like I was tellin the other dood you do it how you want to, otherwise graffiti wouldn't be graffit it would just be shit painted on canvases and not walls...and I didn't notice I did that two/multi way shodow/3D thing hahaha

:scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled:

...Oh ya rea, really its not supposed to go one way like I was tellin the other dood you do it how you want to, otherwise graffiti wouldn't be graffit it would just be shit painted on canvases and not walls...and I didn't notice I did that two/multi way shodow/3D thing hahaha

What?!? :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled:

Your the one sayin I'm annoying dood so yo probly came from bombingscience I'm not even beefin dood I'm just telling you I got my own damn style not the same shit as everyone else deal with it. I took your crit but its called a conversation I'm talking wit ya...

rea ya I didn't even notice I do that untill you told me lol, but I have way more shit n I dnt usually do the shadow/3D both ways that was just kinda a coincidence..that's wat I meant to say

iight no disrespect but smoke is not the best name (not a personal attack) for the style the "o" is trash yo, none of them make any sense. i say if you wanna stick with that style, try a simplified version of it. like try not to have all that hype n shit, simple simple simple. i know people give alot of that same advice but for me personally, ive always appreciated letter structre over fillins, color skemes n all that mess.....3d's never look good going in all sorts of directions, if its not a 3D style piece, woulda been stronger if they all went in one direction....this is just what i see, hope the info helps

Oh ya its a shitty name I honestly don't care, but that's when some bullshit halfass wannabe gangwriter that can't even throwup a good handstyle. And ya I have trouble wit O's sometimes kuz I dnt like to do simple shit so its hard to think good lookin O, thanx for the opinions, but ima keep my style I think its simple enuff as it is

so my response didnt show up......i was saying as far as the name smoke.....toy (no offence) but trust me on that one. next as far as the piece, the "O" on all of them dont fit at all.....id try getting rid of all the extentions and hype, rock straight letters with the same style....like a less is more type of thing....also backgroungs aernt alwasy ness. but letters, and simple simple simple, its like trying to run before you can walk ya know? i peronally alwasy look for dope letters before a color skeme, or theme or fill-in...w/e. letters is what matters most to me, and in my opinion if you aint got letters, you aint got shit. hope that helps yo....i know theres a lack of ppl who are willing to help the less expiernced so holla whenever....

o yea....as far as the one for that chick.....the 3d's screw it all up. it would have been tighter if the 3d's all went in the same direction.i peronally think 3d's going in diff. directions dont look right unless, theres a vanishing point or an actual "3D" style. other than that keep it nice n uniform, keep it classy

An oldish production but still want some crits

utf-8BcmVtYXN0ZXJlZDIuSlBH.jpg

One I did for my friend a while back, says, natalie my fav part is the E. Still nothin 2 major just wanted some crit

utf-8BR0VEQzAwNjAuSlBH.jpg

your talking about people using an arrow that looks like Ewoks (how many fucking ways are there to do an arrow) yet you completely bite the fuck out of TSL/MSK logo thing?

Personally I think that your stuff needs to go simpler, you are clouding your letters with colours when it should be the letters that stand out, you come in here with a rubbish attitude towards people that offer crits because you don't think you should be listening to them when they have been members of the board longer and generally give out good advice.

and just for the hell of it even though this thread is dead here are pics for credentials

DSC02527.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02378.jpg

Never said they did yo^

Oh ya on the TSL thing I did it kuz I was bored dood I dnt try to incorperate it into my style and in every single piece I do, in my defense it serves as a character. its not like we haven't done something like that man its like the cheech wizard dood who duznt do that shit, I mean seriously but again nothin wit my letter style.

not to be on your case SMK but your letters do ned some work, tone them down a bit, get some solid structure to them, I'm not gonna deny sometimes I try to hard and the letters look forced, like Mind said to me with the posted piece I did, I tried too hard and it shows, and I feel that is what you are doing with your letters you're trying to push them too much, pull it back a bit and it will look a lot better.

For instance, the production with the TSL logo, the letters are weak, the M has poor bars at the top of it and the K has a chunky vertical bar with little narrow ones as the legs, just produce solid letters, you will get 100% more respect for that.

• Like 1

your talking about people using an arrow that looks like Ewoks (how many fucking ways are there to do an arrow) yet you completely bite the fuck out of TSL/MSK logo thing?

Personally I think that your stuff needs to go simpler, you are clouding your letters with colours when it should be the letters that stand out, you come in here with a rubbish attitude towards people that offer crits because you don't think you should be listening to them when they have been members of the board longer and generally give out good advice.

and just for the hell of it even though this thread is dead here are pics for credentials

DSC02527.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02378.jpg

Aight, but the second one the ?'S are kinda distracting/annoying and the drips on the e kinda lagg(third one) but the forth one is pretty clean

what you think

fdgfd.jpg

i believe i saw this in the toy thread, dudes were h8ing hard...

ok so what i think is, the letters shoyuld be spaced out a little more. i feel the A is hidden and the arrow gong through it should blend in with the A like the line going across the lower case E, see how its not over lapping? im sayin , its little things like that, that throw off the piece. its craZy cause a line that looks like that will make you come off nice n toy.....but fix a few things here n there n all of a sudden.....BAM shit is sizzling

oh, one more thing.....pencil and bic pen outlines are an ILL way to get letters down, shit for the last 4 years or so i didnt even use color, just started busting it out 2months ago or so

Aight thanx man but I remind you that's an old_ish one, and I already said that I forced my O's that duznt mean I force all of them, like my S's, E's n K's they just come to me easily...but 4reals I honestly don't know if I can go simpler on my style. if I try to go simpler in another form besides my style i would probly wouldn't be able to do pieces it be more of a JA throw up letter style...not that I dnt like it but its not piece material atleast not the ones I wana do

Ya but I make look better than most toys who try to write it. And why the fuck would I go simpler for a toy like you? ...nah I'm good Ill keep my style, sides what do you want me to have the same style as you or what, kuz that would just be gay not everyone wants to do the same shit that's graff expressing yourself in your own fuggin way...:|

chill out yo, thats a hard headed way to taking advice and looking at things. you ever read "the art of getting over"?