THE BRONX AND THOSE THAT LOVE IT!!!

CARL 2DVS

john wayne is actually an older late train era writer who wrote something different back then- the john wayne tags he doing are illy

p.s. its crazy how that old ces and the fresh wane joints got taken out only to have str8 garbage up on that spot- that spot had fresh pieces for yeears- in the above photo you can still see the clark and wane that was there b4, and b4 that some old mpc cats( let and elf or aid i think) that could piece had it blazed with burners..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudes are doing mad shit for sure.

Ryno, Doms, Sone, Ead especially impressive.

Straight up though, tell the OD posters to save some flicks for the crew - You might want some joints nobody's seen in the future!

On another note I was locked up with John Wayne and he's a big black crack-head nigga that was puking on himself and taking shits in the crowded ass cell. Talking about he's been up for three days smoking crack in his father's house. He wrote Kemt back in the day FYI. He's definitely a dope writer, but it just goes to show that doesn't necessarily mean you're not a degenerate. The moral of the story is have something else popping besides graffiti.

• 2 weeks later...

Skool em Carl..........

0005vk.jpg

According to my research all sources seem to point to the Bronx in New York City as the origin for the ‘Hip Hop’ culture. The first major component of this subculture I wish to explore is the graffiti aspect. Prior to discussing this aspect students need to know what conditions or events existed in the Bronx which fostered the development of the ‘Hip Hop’ culture. Steven Haver in his book, “Hip Hop; the Illustrated History of Break Dancing, Rap Music and Graffiti,” states that there were three major events which took place in the Bronx which led to the birth of this subculture. First, in 1959 Parks Commissioner Rober Moses began building an expressway through the heart of the Bronx. As a result, the middle class Italian, German, Irish, and Jewish neighborhoods disappeared overnight. In addition, businesses and factories relocated and left this borough. These exiting middle classes and businesses were replaced by poor black and Hispanic families.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes you think about the people in your life.

Then I think about Sedi; what'd he say if he was here

he'd say, "Cee, what's it about? What's life about?

If you don't go through as a man's a man"

he'd say, "Suck it up, take the fall, do the time

that's what makes you who you are, makes you what you are"

How many years you been around this thing of ours?

RFC, 125 years

What's it about?

It's about rules, parameters.

You take the beaten for the friend you don't lay down

you don't betray who you are, what you are..

You gotta remember guys like CA, BUSTA, RaST, BUDA

They don't roar, they don't rat.

You know why? That's the rules, you don't break them.

You was born to be somethin I wasn't even supposed to be.. humble

Okaay so you humble me now, what you got?

You got a war, you got global war

You got a CITYWIDE crime syndicate now

There's no rules, there's no parameters, there's no feelings

There's no feelings for this game

So.. five ten years from now

You gonna wish there was RFC

Five ten years from now...

They're gonna miss GRAFF....

THAT 5, 10 YEARS IS NOW...

SEDI RIP... WE STILL LOVE YOU DOGS..

Part 2....shouts to PART5

The second occurred in 1968 with the completion of a 15,382 unit co-op apartment complex on the northern edge of the Bronx near an expressway.

This third event involved a group of seven teenage boys who began terrorizing the vicinity around the Bronxdale Project on Bruckner Boulevard in the southeast Bronx. This may not seem important, but this group of teenagers laid the groundwork for a surge of street gang activity that would overwhelm the Bronx for the next six years. This group at first called itself the Savage Seven, but as more members joined, the group changed its name to the Black Spades. Overnight street gangs appeared on every corner of the Bronx. It should be noted that Afrika Bambaataa who had a tremendous effect on rap music and the ‘Hip Hop’ culture and who will be discussed at length in another section of my unit, was a member and leader of the Black Spades at one time. I bring this point up to illustrate that many rappers in the ‘Hip Hop’ subculture were gang members at some time in their life

At first graffiti writing was limited to just artists writing their tag names. Some examples of some famous tag names in NYC other than TAKI 183 were SLY II, LEE 163d, PHASE 2, and TRACY 168. There was a large group of graffiti writers who attended DeWitt Clinton High School which was located across the street from a Transit Authority storage yard. The subway system was a main target of the early graffiti writers. A common meeting place was a coffee shop near DeWitt on W. Mosholu Parkway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by CARL 2DVS@Nov 16 2005, 09:18 PM

BBDDDDDAAAAAT....WHERE DA FIDUCK IS THE BX AT?

YO MY NIGGA WAS GOOD MAD LONG SINCE WE GOT UP... REMEBER ELLIOT GETTING MAD HIGH WITH JAMMER,SHEAR,REMO,RYNO GOOD OLE' TIMES.I WAS IN THAT HOLE WITH RYNEEZEE UP IN ATTLEBORO!!!GOOD LOOKING ON THAT TOO...STAY UP HOMIE..BRT,FGK,LTL,KGB,KAS........... DA STORM..

Originally posted by OMARNYCAKASW1@Jul 4 2005, 02:50 PM

if we gonna talk about the bronx, lets not forget the pioneers

GMAN, Castermer Rip, BRIZ, SEZE, TRU2, KACE, REE, FELER, MITCH,

GISMO, GANGSTA, ZONE,,,

AND ONE THE GREATEST AND BEST BOMBERS OF THE BRONX

AXONE THE RULER, UMXS TRM WK

pointing out the toys back in the day!

Lets not forget Presweet TR Nation..Peace to the Boogie Down my birth place(Fordham Hosptial)

Peace to all the old school cats that put Hiphop /graff on the map..Old school like Alexanders Dept stores and Korvettes up by the bruckner. Old school like Banging hoes from LaMirage and DevilsNest..Old school like I hate and fuck Menudo buttons :)

Peace to Sade, Dune, Moet, Gismo, Crack, Reven, Bea, KentIII,Bash Karl, Tyke..South Boogie.

bdp6kx.jpg

lase4zt.jpg

s8lp.jpg

• 4 weeks later...