the torrent sharing thread

casekonly

Guest KephaOneLove
Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del@Dec 2 2005, 01:52 PM

i use http://oink.me.uk/

its invite only, but you get music as soon as its leaked. im listening to cds set to come out in 2006 already, like Beck's remix cd Guerolito, which is fucking dope. Remix's with people like El-P and Air.

^^ oink is the shit...but i got booted twice...i didnt follow the rules...hahahaa^^^^

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

torrents are sorta like potluck picnics for file sharing. instead of downloading from a person, or from a site, you download little bits and pieces of the file from all the people who have the torrent. it CAN mean that you get shit crazy fast, although it doesnt always (or usually, in my experience). the cool thing about torrents is that they're rarely individual songs, usually full albums, or often entire collections from an artist. shit is a good time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HELP!!!

OK, after hearing a lot of shit about IP's on here and from other people, downloaded Peer Guardian OSX.

1. What does it block; my outgoing IP in P2P programs? What about general internet, say if i'm uploading graff etc to Flickr/Fotolog/whatever, will it block it then??

2. Do I need to have it running for it to be blocking because even when it's open all I can seem to get out of it is the log?

Casek? Anyone?