Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
casekonly

the torrent sharing thread

Originally posted by courtorder@Jul 4 2005, 03:00 AM

they can very easily see who is downloading...i used to use peer guardian, but it uses so much cpu i ditched it

they worked that out, the new one is cool

it auto updates. it grabs from bluetack.co.uk

i think that's the addy.

in the main window, click 'list manager/'

Originally posted by fermentor666@Jul 4 2005, 01:42 AM

casek: I don't think the feds can do shit about bittorrent other then go after the sites. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to see who's downloading.

my friend almost got busted. i think some movie production company contacted his isp and his isp told him to stop.

shit happens and it's getting worse since this new bill passed.

someone mentioned it on page 1, it's very true. take precautions.

'friend of mine uses only registration sites, so that would lower the odds a lot of him getting caught, no?

well, depends. sites can log ip's. feds can bust sites, ip records can be confiscated.

just use peerguardian and don't go after new shit unless you have a good idea that you are safe.

i.e.: peerguardian.

Problem...

I have downloaded a certain torrent, and i have loaded it to both Bitlord and Shareaza, But the thing is not downloading, any ideas how to fix it?

Just installed peerguardian.

What is 'block HTTP' and do you recommend I have it turned on? And does peerguardian slow down your connection speed noticeably?

ilysister: find the tracker...there's a thing in shareaza where you can add trackers...

PMB: nah, it won't slow things down too much. turn that block http off. i do. and no, it won't slow your interweb down at all. just keep sthe bad people out.

After reading through this thread I decided to give this torrent thing a whirl.. Unfortunatley it seems whenever I get to around 99% it finds it hard to download the last couple of percent.

What does it mean when the source status is 'Uninterested'?

I'm using Shareaza 2.1.00

I've got less then a Mb on a few files that I've speant 2 days downloading and it wont budge :|

i had that happen to me on a movie a few days ago. finally gave up and cancelled.

i think 'uninterested' means that they got to the percent you ahve and can't go any further (just like you)

torrents, when they work, are the shit....

£"%!^$!!!!

I Dont think anything in the world can be more annoying then getting to 99.80% and then it stopping.

I was wrong, the same things happened on another of my downloads only this time it's 99.94%

0.07Kb left

i'd just wait on it and see if it completes sooner or later.

could be seeders with complete downloads.

Originally posted by iloveyoursister@Jul 9 2005, 03:46 AM

I am downloading a movie right now, I am getting crap speeds.

It says I'm downloading at 3kb/s and I am uploading at 6kb/s.

What am I uploading?

parts of the torrent you are downloading. that's how they work. people upload and downlaod different parts of the same file...pretty cool, huh?

alright im not to swift when it comes to computers, im trying to learn but do i have to pay for these torrent sharing sites? ive tried signing up and they ask for credit info...if someone could give me a brief description on how to participate it would be appreciated if not............i guess ill have to learn the hard way

using an apple, what app. do i use to launch the torrrent file? any help would be greatly appreciated

nevermind i just saw the post above mine,

but, what about for lil movies or music or websites or something, all im seeing in the mac category was applications and programs

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now