Take any mp3 and burn your own Vinyl

dumy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

really? thats weird...new posts have been up all day about this device from engadget to tactics.com

The VRX 2000 is a real time acetate cutting machine, allowing any audio source to be duplicated on to vinyl. Acetates allow DJ's to play exclusive tracks that are not available in commercial quantities, or to record original music from a mastered format on to one off records.

Scratch DJ's can record breaks and loops from other sources and prepare their set on to one record. In DJ "battles", this enables quicker performance as the record will no longer need to be changed. Any audio source such as CD, MP3, tape or mini disc can be easily duplicated.

The most stunning feature of the VRX-2000 is the durability of the records. Unlike traditional acetates that have a very limited lifespan, the "blanks" used with the machine will last 90% of the time as standard vinyl. This is due to the fact that the VRX-2000 utilises a new plastic for the blanks called "Harmodisk", which offers excellent reproduction quality and durability previously unheard of. Blanks are available through Vestax VRX-2000 dealers, for around the price of an import 12" single.

Whereas in the past, the cost of cutting records in small quantities has been quite expensive, the Vestax VRX-2000 offers a considerable reduction in price, as well as allowing a larger amount of performers to cut one off records. Stores around the world will offer the service of vinyl reproduction for the cost of the blank with a "cutting charge", making it more accessible for artists everywhere.

Needless to say, this new invention will revolutionize the way DJ's perform, however the VRX-2000 may also be the catalyst in seeing vinyl re-emerging as a preferred medium for many recording artists.

source

Guest -40 trooper

10 G's to be exact...and they're only dub plates wich means they wear out faster then normal vinyl..you cant really scratch too much with em..still nice to have on some Richie Rich shit

they make it very clear on the page:

If you dont already have some experience working with vinyl,

there's no guarantee that you'll be able to make something work.

There's other models out that were big in jamaican sound crews

that got brought back to the UK for dance dj's.

I think this is THE WORST KIND OF PIRACY

If you dl an mp3 for your personal player, no big deal.

If you play an 'mp3-dj' set for friends... it's cool.

If you get PAID to play that mp3, you're a pirate.

If you cut a free mp3 onto a record and play it for a club... you're a sucker!

^^^definitely agree with you there Key, I was thinking more along the lines of the benefit this machine would have for personal use, (ie: DJ's wanting to practice sets, private listening sessions for friends, just a cool new way to listen to your existing collection). This product, in my eyes, is a just a neat way to supplement, not substitute for, your existing vinyl collection...it would definitely be pretty toy to try to pass this over at a club, show or rave as the real deal.. just my two cents

you can go to a place like beatport.com and pay a buck or two

for some mp3 from a rare old record and then front like you've

actually got it on wax. You gotta DIG for the gems, not polish up some turds.

These things are pretty old. You can get a vinyl press for just about the same price, my ex was about to get one when for the music he and our friends produced.

Anyway, making dubplates of other people's music is fuckin tacky, unless its your own music or samples (tv, movie, etc that you want to incorporate into mixes.)

This dude I know blew up his own spot once cause he wasn't a high-up enough DJ to receive free dubplates, so he would cop em online and play them out live, even BEFORE the DJs who would receive the dubplates legally would get em. He actually admitted to it like it was funny and cool. Lets just say he doesn't play in NY anymore.

'dj' whokid has been known to steal promo cds from record

company offices just to get the first play of a new single.

Some artists have gotten VERY heated about this, as they shold.

But then again... 'dj' whokid mixes in pro-tools, play his shows

from DAT tapes, and takes money from artists promising to put

them on his next mixtape then not delivering. I used to know

a guy who'd managed gave whokid $5G to get on a tape and didn't.