i've reached "that age" where i clean.

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SteveAustin+Jun 29 2005, 01:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Jun 29 2005, 01:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iquit@Jun 28 2005, 07:55 PM

i've reached "that age" where i have a girlfriend who cleans up my shit.

haha. awesome. I dated a girl that when she got mad or stressed out...she liked to clean. My bathroom sparkled back then. I recently saw her again and I did my best to piss her off. No dice on the clean bathroom...yet.

[/b]

Keep us posted....this could have serious benefits for mankind

if i clean too much i cant find anything..because ive put it away so well its usually a few days before i find it.. ive always beena fan of stacks of books and neatly sorted piles. the bathroom gets cleaned almost weekly.. fucking need a maintanance man in here to get my tub draining.. not a fan of standing in 2 inchs of water that builds up from the draingage pipes. (sigh)

i guess im getting closer to "that age"

I lived in this tiny fucking studio hellhole for almost a year where the bathroom light didnt work and the bathtub drain was unrepairably clogged. I had a battery powered bicycle light that would "strobe" in the bathroom to keep it lit. In the morning's i'd be showering halfway up to my knees in filthy pond-scum-last-nights-muddy-graf-mission-spraypaint water with this faint white light flickering on and off at high speed on some nightmare on elm street shit. There were roaches all over the place too, like living in a cronenberg flick. Then I lost the front door key at some point so i had to stand on a garbage can and climb in through the window every night to get inside.

No AC in the summer either.

There wasnt even any point in cleaning, I'd just wake up and leave as fast as possible.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jun 28 2005, 05:34 PM

I'm renting a car this weekend and I'm going to IKEA, but mostly for the meatball lunch!

you have balls of steel my friend. after filling my house with ikea furniture and seeing how it holds up i dont think i would ever actually put an ikea product in my body.

god bless disposable furniture.....hold the meatballs.

as for cleaning. im single now (i had a live in girlfriend for 2 years) so im still enjoying not being nagged about it so much that i restrict it to the weekends and never make my bed.

Originally posted by rental@Jun 29 2005, 10:59 PM

generally, i keep the common areas neat and tidy. however, my personal areas get thrashed.

never thought I'd say this...but...yeah...rental and I are very similar here. My studio and basement are complete chaos. My living room, dining room and bedroom are plenty clean. The entertaining rooms should always be kept looking good. Who cares about all the others.

Lens and Ox...I'll keep you posted.

it's funny somtimes after a night of massive blunt smoking, and general marijuana consumption, i find that when i get home blazed...i start to clean my room and get shit organized before knocking out....not all the time but enough times..i like my things organized and clean...it makes me feel secure....secure like a celebrity oh yea! :privateeye:

Originally posted by mr.yuck+Jun 30 2005, 11:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mr.yuck - Jun 30 2005, 11:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rental@Jun 30 2005, 04:59 AM

generally, i keep the common areas neat and tidy. however, my personal areas get thrashed.

Everything you say sounds so perverted and dirty.

[/b]

haha

BACK2BASICS

you seen that mtv 'cribs' eposoide,

were theres this young asian dude who

directed that bad biker movie

'thorque' & hes got the futon bed,

& just his laptop & that mimanilistic

shit is just polar!

Insteada try'n I just strive

Originally posted by rental@Jun 30 2005, 04:10 PM

just because im uncouth and vulgar(and sexy as fuck) doesnt mean i cant have anything in common with an old dude who's smooth with the ladies. i mean, really, old guys love me.

haha...I'm not THAT old.

wait...really, old guys love you? uh-oh...I'm starting to get a picture in my head. It looks a little something like this:

annanicole1.jpg

annamarshall.jpg

ewwwww!!!! gross....old to me is 28.

boxcars, i scored two in one week!!! some other old dudes trying to hook up. although both are much older than 28...believe my luck. when i said one of my goals in the 'to do this summer thread' was to "schmooze with old people that can help me later in life" this isnt what i was talking about.

Guest beardo
Originally posted by wiseguy@Jul 1 2005, 10:39 PM

i woke up this morning and threw out all the shit in my room that i dont use, went through my closet and gave a bunch of clothes to goodwill. getting rid of clutter is amazingly cathartic.

indeed.

i revamped our refrigerator the other day too.