i've reached "that age" where i clean.

Guest beardo

Guest beardo

i dont know when why or how it happened, but i really cant stand clutter or shit being out of order anymore. not that i was ever super duper slum sloppy or anything. i suppose its falling in line with my progression towards minimalism in the last years. like, f'real, i make the bed and straighten shit up in my room before i go to work. scary.

mom would be proud

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes I make little mental checklists in my head like

-Do the laundry before 10

- oh yeah, I need to use this coupon before it expires. Great savings!

-coordinate with roomates for IKEA grand opening.

shit.is.sad.

and my room still looks like a hellhole go figure..

I cant stand it if my kitchen is messy, things on the counter, dishes in the sink, even a little grease on the stove, it pisses me off. I moved back in with my mom for a little, and she never cleans up the kitchen. It was one of the reasons i was glad to move out again. But i felt silly explaining it to anyone.

hey seeks whats up stranger.

i sweep in front of the house and water the concrete why i do this i dont know but everyone else is doing it so i feel its appropriate. and i take out my dog like clockwork in the early hours because he wants to fight everyother dog and im either too lazy to do tug him or train him not to do it because i like that he wants to eat noisy ass dogs that are a quarter his size.

^^^no shit....I moved back home to help my moms out after some family drama went down and I can not stand living in this house any more. The part of the hosue that is pretty much mine I keep spotless but every other part of the house is filled with her fucking clutter. I can't stand living here anymore. Tomorrow I am going apartment hunting so I can get the fuck out of here.

The worst part is the kitchen. I try my best to keep it clean so I can cook and know where shit is but everytime time I clean I go to work and come home and its a total wreck again. Its like living with a small child. I can not wait to move. Plus it will be nice living where I can smoke inside instead of dealing with all this fucking heat.

This kind of shit crept up on me.

I'm gonna give you my armchair psychology

point of view and say its in the same department

as obseive compulsive disorder.

I've been involuntary coast'n towards

that 'minimalist' attitude in relation to personal

belongings & life in general,

to the point were I'd reskecthed, say,

my worthy but crudely imagined outlines

from the last 10 years onto fresh A4

sheets of paper, & then shifted through them again

only to find myself thrash'n half again.

Now find'n I want to thrash them all??

Start Afresh??

Same with my music collection??

iTunes has been reduced to nothing but full

albums & nostalgic tape mixes from back in the

day.

I hauled a box fulla first love girlfriend shit

(Pictures, poems, all that shit) around

with me for years before, thens, last xmas

I just snapedthefuckoutofit!

& kept just 1 nice pic.

I'm due to move soon, & besides

bring'n my Apple g5, (only cause the cunts

aint released that g5 power book yet)

All's I'm bring'n are a few BMX trophies.

(to remind me of the man I used 2 be)

The rest, as they say, is history.

Originally posted by beardo@Jun 28 2005, 09:39 PM

i suppose its falling in line with my progression towards minimalism in the last years.

funny you mention that....

years ago it was all about having anywhere from 6-7 posters up in my room and around my studio of the time.

Now it's like, 2 paintings and a few framed photos.....I hate going into houses and seeing stupid ass posters like "100 silly names for when you get drunk"

But yeah, I don't getting messy....more like cluttered now and again. But believe...girls admire cleanliness a lot more than filthiness :innocent:

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jun 28 2005, 02:30 PM

room?

untill you have to clean the bathroom AND the kitchen, you really dont have to worry about it.

For real. Or when you got paid to pick the weeds in the backyard. Or when you didn't have to do grocery shopping. Or before you realized your parents had all the fucking gadgets you ever needed and now all you have is a corkscrew and a bottle opener.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars+Jun 28 2005, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iloveboxcars - Jun 28 2005, 05:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-<KEY3>@Jun 28 2005, 02:30 PM

room?

untill you have to clean the bathroom AND the kitchen, you really dont have to worry about it.

For real. Or when you got paid to pick the weeds in the backyard. Or when you didn't have to do grocery shopping. Or before you realized your parents had all the fucking gadgets you ever needed and now all you have is a corkscrew and a bottle opener.

[/b]

truth. cleaning up. bills. groceries. setting up your own doctors appts. etc etc. living at home is a luxury everyone should give up.

it's nice to see that theres guys out there that actually clean house and dont expect others to always clean up after them..

my roomate is the diritiest, laziest fucker around.. chip bags get left on the couch, empty fast food containers on the floor, and half our dishes our on his bedroom floor :mad: