the "things you shouldn't deep fry" thread

Abracadabra

so, i got a deep fryer. food keeps sticking to the basket. im cooking shrimp and onion rings right now. i got kinda drunk and cut my finger pretty bad cutting the onion. google offered some mediocre answers. any advice? am i over battering? should i use the basket at all or just use a slotted spoon? props will be delivered.

oh yeah and suggestions on what to fry next would be awesome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: the "things you shouldn't deep fry" thread

i knew this one canadian guy who tried to deep fry a frozen turkey@@!!!

I use to crash on his couch, so one day i showed up at the crib, and the door was unlocked, so i came in, looked around, realized nobody was there, so i posted up wating for dude or his roomte to come home.

I figured one of them ran out to the store but hours passed and nobody came. Eventully his roomate came home and saw me n was like wheres the guy who actually pays rent herre?

turns out he tried to fry a frozen turkey, nd the oil exploded all over him and he was in the emergencty room with 2nd degree burns lol

Oh man, this reminds me of the time I DJed a party where people were deep frying all kinds of weird shit in one of those electric doodads. Mostly candy like those weird orange peanut things, Snickers bars, etc.. We got away with smoking a lot of drugs that night, though. Fucking weirdos.

Sorry about your hand. I would recommend trying a thick, cold beer batter for onions in the future. Also, try tempura on sweet potato. Very good.

Bread should not be deep fried, soaks up the grease, and the only kind of breadcrumbs that should get deep fried are panko. Save the regular bread crumbs for pan frying or baking. Deep frying is definitely a craft, maybe more technical than art, but there is a lot to know.

Re: the "things you shouldn't deep fry" thread

pizza rolls always seemed capable of being fried.

doesn't work.

You must hae done it wrong, cuz it was extremely delicous for me.

I love my deep fryer. This thread got me thinking about making a mixed platter for later. Buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, deep fried ravioli...yodel acha boy