Figure drawing (nudity)

sabe2005

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by yakid@Nov 4 2005, 08:52 PM

i like those washes, nice change from the "contour" type drawings...the wash allows you too feel the figure from the inside out which is how things exist in reality.....if you want try this.. try using black block printing ink on some slick glossy paper(usually the cheap stuff at walgreens works well, the poster board)..first paints the gloss side all black with the block printing ink (speedball)...you can then subtract ink with wet paper towels, and also add black back on. even when the paint is dry you can re wet and work it again...i like working with these material myself

i dig the wash drawings as well

the cheesy canvasette paper is good for that too...it's better to get a couple going at a time and let the ink dry before working back into it. and india ink is really all you need. unless the other ink is cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

those last two are fucking NICE. my favorites out of this thread i believe. real good work man. here is just some stuff from a couple weeks ago till last week. nothing too special, but im workin on it.

DSCF0506.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0383.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

i really need to work on my washes, and charcoal drawings. this thread is turning out pretty awesome though.

Sillysiphilis- That name is priceless buddy-

Thanks for the comment man, means a lot. Where are your burners at? You know you burn shit fool!

BoB Hope ONER- Thanks, Glad ya like the progression. I get a kick outa it to. But it's up and down man, some days fucking suck. Something I don't want to ever stop though, ever..

Misteraven- whats RISD , you got some work to add in the mix of all this?

WeakSauce- That portrait is the SHiznital Bam outskies!!!

no i dont know where im going next

not risd though

some university most likely

ihave heard some good things about risd

and im sure its better than the academy of art

i dont know what you thought about that school keph,

but i thought it sucked nuts

the students, the curriculum, the setting, everything, sucked nuts

Ris-dee, cool. After I finish out matc I hope I get a scholarship to an art school for a MF to da A!

Hey man, even though academy of art wasn't for ya, I think you got some good work from there. Expereince too, Chitown is somewhere I only visit. I heard of this school, I can't place it right now but they offer same rate cost for outa state students. This kid that graduated matc went there and now he is rocking shit with gallerys of figure oil paintings. I talk ta Chris and find out the place......

HE OMEN- that piece is ill. Nice glow!

JJC- Yea it was a small part, but I never really paid a whole lot of attention to it. I've taken over 16 figure drawing classes over that last 4 years. I was more concerned with shape, gesture and structure. You only need to know the basics and that muscles overlap, just knowing what is a bone and a muscle was good enough for me to see. The more I draw the more I know, just by seeing.

risd is expensive ~40,000 a year out of state (when i say out of state i mean im adding room and board). I am not graduation college in debt. No sir. Was going to go to the corcoran but didnt like the atmosphere, anyways, Im happy where i am.