Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sabe2005

Figure drawing (nudity)

I like acrylics but just haven't used 'em that much.

I like the dog a lot, with it's warm and cool tones.

Ckit- I think the one your talking about was a brush (round 1) and ink.

alright ive gotta do a multi figure drawing. atleast 5 people, nude or clothed, no abstractions. i really have no idea what im going to do and i only have 2 weeks to do it. any suggestions for inspiration ideas etc? thanks

im thinking cross between a duchamp dynamism and the impressionist female at toilette paintings. have my girlfriend doa progression of poses and closly pack them together spanning from left to right in a triangular compsition. ill throw up a study when i have time

I just started drawing fast figure studies...and damn it's alot harder than it looks. Critisicm and comments would be awesome.

DSCN1111.JPG

DSCN1113.JPG

DSCN1123.JPG

depends on how long youve got. i generally start out with a 2 line flow drawing and 2 ovals, one for the ribcage one for the pelvis. if you can get those to work correctly its just connecting the major masses. i wouldnt bother trying to find contour until youve got everything generalized and flowing.

Sabe2005

BUCKFUSH

MESTHREE

I love your work, really good.

My favs are sabe's and buck's portraits... awsome

and mesthree I love your dog!

anyhow, I've been trying to use acrylics myself, really amateur still, lots of problems with my colors, this thread is motivational to try harder haha

thanks for the kind words man. i never really used acryllics, i did back in high school a few times and couldnt stand how fast they dried. oils are more expensive but theyre alot more flexible and can take up to 2 days to dry, which gives you time to rework them. it helps to have a teacher to show you how to use and manipulate them. draw as much as you can from life and learn art history and youll be on your way.

Originally posted by BUCK FUSH@Mar 2 2006, 09:08 PM

thanks for the kind words man. i never really used acryllics, i did back in high school a few times and couldnt stand how fast they dried. oils are more expensive but theyre alot more flexible and can take up to 2 days to dry, which gives you time to rework them. it helps to have a teacher to show you how to use and manipulate them. draw as much as you can from life and learn art history and youll be on your way.

hey man I appreciate the suggestions, honestly I need to draw more like you said, I have been slacking a bit... I guess I've just been trying to move on to painting from drawing and drawing, acrylics just happened to be there, probably will try oils as soon as I get some things down... again this thread is great to get motivated.... but yeah practice is everything... thanks...

anyone got any links on color theory?? that seems to be my biggest setback...

KT08-

Not bad, working on rotating those scans is something to think about. Your right about the difficulty with short poses, forces you to get out of that comfort zone of building slowly. I would focus more on flat vaule shapes before going into contour lines, I think it will help simplify everything and help your proportions out.

Keep posting your work.

BUCK FUSH-

I'd love to see a in progress type thing on here. Do dat shit!

cantinflas-

Thanks a lot! Lots of talent here. I'd say about the acrylic, I have used very little of it but am going to expereiement with em soon. I would suggest maybe watercolour before you use acrylic, it will build your confidence by using more flexable medium before the fast decisions you need to make when using more plastic medium.

Lets see some scans?

Oh, I got my first solo show on the 10th of March. It'll be figure drawings/paintings, and comic art. I'm excited but nervous, also I have over 20 more pieces to frame in six days!

Thanx Sabe, appreciate all the suggestions, believe me man I take every suggestion into concideration, you can learn a great deal from people, thanx for the link I will check it out... Good luck on your show, that shit sounds mad exciting! that's where I would like to see myself in a few years, having a show here and there...

well here is this thing I found on my comp, from a drwII class... havent drawn much like I said.... pretty old not really great but just to post something:

ms08.jpg

not quite a figure, but all your(sabe) animal posts made me wanna put this up. just a pencil drawing.

chimp.jpg

edit:sorry for the bad pic. cam phone only.

Word on that. Nothing better then gorillas!

The eyes look sad

And I'm diggin the black bars as a design idea.

SO, what the fuck do you do when you spent the last five years drawing figures? I guess have a show. I've spent the last 30 some hours working on this shit.

caligafig06.jpg

good luck on that sabe.

its a chimp by the way. I had been reading an article about Intelligent Design, and I got pissed off. So in one fell ironic swoop i did my own version of creation. Thats why the two blocks are there, not only for composition but to allude to the connection of god and man through a chimp. I thought it was funny. Made my day at work better.

It was awesome! I sold two pieces. Which is two more then I would expect from a coffee shop. Friends and family came which was good enough for me. I feels good to work towards something like this and have it pay off.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now