Figure drawing (nudity)

sabe2005

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

wow this thread is absolutely mindblowing!!

anyone want to give me tips on my figure drawing? i use a basic method of drawing the centres of gravity first, usually the pelvis, join between neck/torso and major joints then trying to link them with kinda sketchy anatomy. works ok but it takes ages and looks a little contrived. ill try to post some flicks, but i dont have a digicam just now, it broke :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gatsby....

The large painting of the 5 men. Did you do that from sketches of 2 models, or is it from a

photo? My only critisiscm is: I think there needs to be a lighter area at the bottom of the canvas, maybe a shine on a shoe or something to that effect... to help move the eye back to the top of the canvas.

its actually 5 self portaits. the bodies are a culmination of scetches and a few photos. i just blocked them in and got simpler as the painting goes down to the floor with about 5 different blacks. the portraits and hands were all done from a mirror. i cant paint from photos for shit and i generally dispise that type of thing. i agreed witht the bottom of the painting there is a really wierd outline shape of shadow and bare floor thats supposed to bring you down there. it didnt really come out in the photo. thanks for the kind words

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...