Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H. Lecter

Books: Everybody Get Your Read On

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so this thread is where the nerds and losers and geeks and virgins are at.

except me of course, im just in here based on the title and didnt read a single letter from a single post.

fucking virgins

last books read include:

absalom absalom by william faulkner

child of god and blood meridian by cormac mcarthy

the biggest game in town by a. alvarez

Palestine, are you a fag or a fag..?

Get your head out of our pants and read something, you filthy narrow-minded muslims need all the information you can get...

The_Bell_Curve.jpg

If you have nothing good to say,

then don't say anything at all...

Anything from Ralph Waldo Emerson or Henry David Thoureau. "Walden", By Thoureau, is one of my all time favorite essays.

"Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse

i read harry potter 6. it was the best book so far. i seriously think that someone "co wrote it". either that or someone told jk rowling something that scared her into writing pretty well.

heh, i was talking w/ this cat at work about henry IV and henry V and this bitch interupts w/ "oh.. i just got the new harry potter.. but i haven't read it yet."

Anywho, i just finished reading the Gen 13 miniseries and the first couple issues of the regular series... dope art... but man was image comics overrated.

rainmaker oiled up freefall's ass

Originally posted by SIZZLE315@Aug 2 2005, 06:45 PM

SERIOUS right here~

-

Rendition of the life saga of the Awoken One, The Buddha; the jesus story of the east~

Originally posted by H. Lecter+Aug 2 2005, 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H. Lecter - Aug 2 2005, 04:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SIZZLE315@Aug 2 2005, 06:45 PM

SERIOUS right here~

-

Rendition of the life saga of the Awoken One, The Buddha; the jesus story of the east~

[/b]

yeah def a great book.

currently - johnny got his gun.

I FINALLY read "The Celestine Prophecy" after it's been recommended to me like 100 times. It was very good and easy to read. I usually read very academic stuff. This did have alot of big concepts in it, but it's presented in a very easy to digest fictional story.

Still trying to figure out what to read next. I've got stacks of books calling my name.

* And I've also got some dap for Siddhartha. That book was like one of my first experiences with eastern philosophy and it changed my life. Seriously.

Theres a follow up book to The Celestine Prophecy , cant remember what its called but its pretty good as well .

Originally posted by ASER1NE@Aug 2 2005, 08:14 PM

Theres a follow up book to The Celestine Prophecy , cant remember what its called but its pretty good as well .

Yeah a friend of mine is supposed to loan that to me. I also forgot the name of it strangely enough. Some really awesome concepts.... I was already familiar with alot of them but the way it's presented and organized is really amazing.

For instance, I was already familiar with the exclusion principle in physics, but how it's presented there as the underlying energy of all things that can conform to our will just blew me away. lol The way I had it in my head before was like, oh yeah neato, quantum physicists have discovered that these tiny subparticles can be altered by observation.... And I'd heard some theories about parallel realities spun off from this.... Just the way it's presented in the book is awesome.

All nine of those insights were very relevant and realistic.

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Aug 2 2005, 09:03 PM

I'm just about finished the second book of the Dark Tower Series.

only like 5000 pages left to go!

I'm not a very big steven king fan but a friend of mine is obsessed with this series for some reason.

ive been rereading books that i either ended up spark noting or didnt take time to appreciate in high school for the past few months

lately-

one flew over the kukoos nest

on the road- jack kerovac

slaughter house 5

differnt book same author cant remember the name for the life of me. it was about nuclear war...either way it was great.

lots of shakespeare

next up:

cant decide on

house of spirirts by issabella allende

fear and loathing in las vegas

catch 22

suggestions are more than welcome

Originally posted by dumy@Jun 16 2005, 11:44 PM

this is one of the illest books i've ever picked up..

103_0320.jpg

if your into history books id recomend guns germs and steel. about 800 pages on why europeans were predestiend to dominate the world.

i need to get on that zinn tip, i have that as an audiobook narrated by...matt damon...

yep...he's really good at sounding boring, not to mention the retention is puny-ass.

right now into "LIKE LIONS THEY FOUGHT"...it's bout when those cocky british thought they could mosy down to ZULUland and kill them some bushbabys....they were ever so wrong...although they did end up winning a war they started for no real reason the zulu warriors earned some major respect amongst war buffs......check it out.

Hells Angels-hunter s thompson

of mice and men

alot of mark twain

i cant think.

I just finished the catcher in the rye

reading plato's republic at the moment

as well as haunted by palahniuk

and also reading burmese days by orwell