Books: Everybody Get Your Read On

H. Lecter

I FINALLY read "The Celestine Prophecy" after it's been recommended to me like 100 times. It was very good and easy to read. I usually read very academic stuff. This did have alot of big concepts in it, but it's presented in a very easy to digest fictional story.

Still trying to figure out what to read next. I've got stacks of books calling my name.

* And I've also got some dap for Siddhartha. That book was like one of my first experiences with eastern philosophy and it changed my life. Seriously.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by ASER1NE@Aug 2 2005, 08:14 PM

Theres a follow up book to The Celestine Prophecy , cant remember what its called but its pretty good as well .

Yeah a friend of mine is supposed to loan that to me. I also forgot the name of it strangely enough. Some really awesome concepts.... I was already familiar with alot of them but the way it's presented and organized is really amazing.

For instance, I was already familiar with the exclusion principle in physics, but how it's presented there as the underlying energy of all things that can conform to our will just blew me away. lol The way I had it in my head before was like, oh yeah neato, quantum physicists have discovered that these tiny subparticles can be altered by observation.... And I'd heard some theories about parallel realities spun off from this.... Just the way it's presented in the book is awesome.

All nine of those insights were very relevant and realistic.

ive been rereading books that i either ended up spark noting or didnt take time to appreciate in high school for the past few months

lately-

one flew over the kukoos nest

on the road- jack kerovac

slaughter house 5

differnt book same author cant remember the name for the life of me. it was about nuclear war...either way it was great.

lots of shakespeare

next up:

cant decide on

house of spirirts by issabella allende

fear and loathing in las vegas

catch 22

suggestions are more than welcome

right now into "LIKE LIONS THEY FOUGHT"...it's bout when those cocky british thought they could mosy down to ZULUland and kill them some bushbabys....they were ever so wrong...although they did end up winning a war they started for no real reason the zulu warriors earned some major respect amongst war buffs......check it out.

Hells Angels-hunter s thompson

of mice and men

alot of mark twain

i cant think.

Just finished:

"Nickel & Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenreich. A journalist who goes undercover to expose the hardships and impoverished lifestyles of low-wage Americans. Excellent read.

"Slaughter House 5" by Kurt Vonnegut. A classic anti-war novel about the bombing and destruction of the unarmed German city Dresden during WWII.

...and already mentioned: "Siddhartha" & "The Fountainhead". Both classics.

Originally posted by destroya@Aug 1 2005, 09:28 PM

i started eading kurt vonnegut's breakfast of champions, but i stopped because at the moment, i'm not digging the way it's put together.

Stick with it, I too had a hard time gettin through the beginning, but soon enough you won't be able to put it down.

I am about finished with Fear and Loathing '72 and I am also reading

Reader's Digest, The Last Two Million Years, it's like a big hisory text book, that covers the history of human civilization, with a heavy emphasis on the arts, religion and literature, it was printed way back in 79 but still very informative, and a good refresher.

I think later I will get my nerd on and re-read some of my Dragonlance books for the first time in 15 years.

So I expect my friend to hand me a copy of the sequel to The Celestine Prophecy and instead he hands me this:

0953881016.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I kinda feel about David Icke how I feel about Alex Jones. Some of it is really, really good.... and some of it is like.... wtf?

One thing is for sure, it will be entertaining.

Originally posted by ASER1NE+Aug 3 2005, 08:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASER1NE - Aug 3 2005, 08:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is the whole series:

The Celestine Prophecy

The Tenth Insight

The Celestine Vision

The Secret of Shambala

I've read them all and they're all worth reading to me.

[/b]

Ahhh.... Thanks for that. I'm going to read them all. I'm very pleased with the first one and I'll take that recommendation.

Originally posted by fatalist@Aug 3 2005, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by villain@Aug 4 2005, 12:45 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-fatalist@Aug 3 2005, 07:41 PM

reefer madness

That's a book?

yes sir by Eric Schlosser

Ohhhh.... The Fast Food Nation guy.... mmmkay... I see it now. Looks like an interesting look at the seedy underbelly of the american black market.

0375708111.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

just started it...quite the mind fuck but the author explains it in a way that non astrophisicists and astronimers can understand.

cool thing he talks about-he goes into the "string theory" and its about the matter of atoms past electrons/protons or somthing...well it kind of states that string instruments are like it due to shape and resonation...and..well its cool because im a musician.

yes

oh and this was suprizingly good.

splinter_cell_book.jpg

you should check it out if you like spy books and the game.