taping numbers

fr8rokr

Originally posted by Kirby p@Jun 9 2005, 04:54 AM

some times the tape looks really cool in your sketchbook, being all painted up and all

better idea.... stencils.

fuck em, make em read the numbers off of the ladder. that'll show em.

show them what? that you paint there and they will up security? oh yeah, that will show them...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I put tape over the entire car when I do wholecars... take a picture... take off the tape.. it's like no one knows I ever did it... this is a way that you can never get caught..or you could put a really big sticker on a car... I also paint right over the numbers and then put tape over the painted numbers and paint over the tape on the painted numbers.. then, when my shit gets stamped and the tape falls off of the car, it will have to be stamped again..

:haha: :haha:

Originally posted by lootool@Sep 28 2005, 01:03 PM

I put tape over the entire car when I do wholecars... take a picture... take off the tape.. it's like no one knows I ever did it... this is a way that you can never get caught..or you could put a really big sticker on a car... I also paint right over the numbers and then put tape over the painted numbers and paint over the tape on the painted numbers.. then, when my shit gets stamped and the tape falls off of the car, it will have to be stamped again..

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Originally posted by sect ebc+Sep 29 2005, 10:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sect ebc - Sep 29 2005, 10:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>:haha: :haha: <!--QuoteBegin-lootool@Sep 28 2005, 01:03 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

[/b]

AHAHAHAHA!!!!! :haha: :haha:

all you pussies shut the fuck up. any type of graf exp. Legal shit is destruction of property, and Hitting a frieght is a felony offense. All you are worried about making sure the train car numbers are left visable....hahaha, if you so god damn worried about not covering shit up, then dont paint on it. simple as that.

i say if your spot is chill go for the tape. nothing sucks worse than a huge box taking up half of your first letter. if you dont have time to tape then dont its not that hard really it just all depends (for me at least) what im dealing with spot wise

i usualy see were the #s are.. and paint to the left of them... personaly im to lazy to put tape over them and dont feel like havin to paint around them... so were ever the numbers are...i just dont paint unless the car is jus really nice..i might go around them...or jus paint over them..but i have seen my shit rollin or on websites with a huge stamp over it...i kinda thot it was funny :yuck:

Originally posted by Meth_bomb@Oct 6 2005, 12:48 PM

all you pussies shut the fuck up. any type of graf exp. Legal shit is destruction of property, and Hitting a frieght is a felony offense. All you are worried about making sure the train car numbers are left visable....hahaha, if you so god damn worried about not covering shit up, then dont paint on it. simple as that.

you are one ignorant fucker....wow, one of the dumbest replies ever. its not about destruction, its about blowing up spots and having your shit get stamped later. wow

• 2 weeks later...

If duct tape is on hand I'll use it. Sure, why not. otherwise just paint around them.

It really silly to go over the nunbers if your going to be in it for awhile. Which reminds me on how alot of writers back in the day would rewrite the numbers above of there pieces thinking it wouldn't get the stamp either..

I'm just as guilty.

Just saw a big new Pose2 freight, stamped to shit.

It's odd, there's a handful of really dope writers who don't give a shit about the numbers, do nice work, and get stamped with the quickness. The ones who don't really care about freights and are just doing them because they were in the way I can understand, but some of these cats are longtime freight junkies. I don't get it. I guess it's their prerogative if they want to sabotage their own efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sometimes I forget that some cats find the flick to be more important than the ups themselves. I was never like that, I like my shit to run as long as I can arrange for, and I probably have only half of my shit flicked.

To each his own I guess. Although if you're going over numbers at my spot, we're going to have a talk sooner or later.

i never painted trains before, but the way i see it, if you cover up the numbers, then that shit is gettin ruined. they use those numbers so they can keep track of where the cars are going. if you cover em up, they have to either buff it or stamp that shit. if you tape em up real accurate with like painters tape, then you get your clean piece, and they get their car running without trouble. it shows a little respect for the workers doin their job. chances are, the more people tape, the more often you get yard workers just sayin "hey man, if you tape it up youre striaght..." actually thats stupid, they probably won't say that. but just tape it up real clean. you dont need a huge box taped off, just tape right over only the lines over the numbers.

Originally posted by spade561@Nov 3 2005, 09:17 PM

i never painted trains before, but the way i see it, if you cover up the numbers, then that shit is gettin ruined. they use those numbers so they can keep track of where the cars are going. if you cover em up, they have to either buff it or stamp that shit. if you tape em up real accurate with like painters tape, then you get your clean piece, and they get their car running without trouble. it shows a little respect for the workers doin their job. chances are, the more people tape, the more often you get yard workers just sayin "hey man, if you tape it up youre striaght..." actually thats stupid, they probably won't say that. but just tape it up real clean. you dont need a huge box taped off, just tape right over only the lines over the numbers.

Actually your more right than you know. I dont know what the deal is in the USA but up here ive had a few times where workers came up and didnt gave a shit as long as we left the numbers...

You shouldnt go around thinking that if you tape numbers you are ok with workers. Some workers arent gonna care one way or the other and are gonna try and bust you, some arent gonna give a shit as long as you dont get run over and stay the fuck out of their way.

There are spots where im at, that everyone knows about, and they paint over numbers, not just ld lmt, and wt lmt, but everything, blast everything they can find. Its ignorant and inconsiderate. Real freight writers, as i have found, generally, show some consideration to things like that. I tape as much as I can, or dodge if i have to. but, for spots, i hate it when people who are big bombers or something want to start freights, go over as much as they can.

Cracked is right, if you going over numbers at my spot, im going to have to have a talk with you.

i have been saying im gonna tape the numbers for months, but NEVER remember to take any tape out with me, but i think ive got into habit, whenever i look at a freight i instantly think where is the biggest space i can paint between the numbers, and havnt covered a number (apart from w/c) in about a year.

Ive also tried that writing the numbers above thing, but the workers usually ignore them and if there not where they should be then ,they sure will be soon.

Originally posted by midas_ups@Nov 16 2005, 06:20 AM

i have been saying im gonna tape the numbers for months, but NEVER remember to take any tape out with me, but i think ive got into habit, whenever i look at a freight i instantly think where is the biggest space i can paint between the numbers, and havnt covered a number (apart from w/c) in about a year.

Ive also tried that writing the numbers above thing, but the workers usually ignore them and if there not where they should be then ,they sure will be soon.

I think they ignore them because you could have changed them, there is no real trust in you of course cause you are a criminal. but whatever.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by DJSupreeme@Nov 2 2005, 11:02 PM

if your so worried about it, why dont you just re-write the numbers on top or somthing.

Would you believe a graffiti writer if he wrote the numbers back? It could have been changed or anything. We arent the most trustworthy people around in their eyes, well, we really arent anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Taped trains run longer thats a fact!!!

Why waste all that paint & risk your freedom to have your shit buffed cause you didnt tape or go around the numbers?? kind of scenseless to me..

What really happens: its not the Rail workers not being able to read the car, They just look down at the wheels to get the cars tracing number where they are stencilled in plain view on the trucks....

The culprit is the customer, Rejecting the empty car because they cant read the Load weight limits! In some cases, the customer rejects the car because they don't want their goods travelling In a damaged looking piece of shit railcars with paint all over it....

I even heard of companies rejecting cars because it made their business look bad layed up on the outside of the building with a car painted up top 2 bottom..This is what Pisses railroads off because now they have to send a train crew to come pull that car out of service & bring a clean new one in.. Sending this much needed car due to shortage of cars to the "home shop repairs" track. (it all boils down to is lost car revenue dollars for the Railroad= thousands of lost man hours too )

On another note peep this:

http://www.cordovabaystation.ca/newsCdn/2006/06012704.htm

<<Would you believe a graffiti writer if he wrote the numbers back? It could have been changed or anything.>>

Unfortunately I've seen several instances where writers attempted to rewrite the numbers above and actually forgot one or more numbers in the process. It's most likely federal law to have officially stamped reporting marks and numbers, so the rewrite never suffices. I pretty much never take flix of pieces when the writer blasted the numbers, no matter who it is, it is an action that is completely self-defeating to our culture. The only exception I make may be for a flic of a wholecar on occasion.

Guest WHOWHAT
Originally posted by fr8rokr@Jun 8 2005, 07:01 PM

so lately ive been duct taping the numbers, piecing, taking a flick, and then leaving the tape on thinking that it will run for a while with the tape still on, i imagine that any worker would pull the tape off before wasting effort on the buff, not sure if this is effective but has anyone else tried this?, i know i could pull the tape off myself but i know and most of you know a piece looks better without square blocks of numbers throughout it and the longer it runs with the tape on the better

if you take the tape off they will not buff it becouse they see the box and say its already been fixed