Dont you hate it..

2 blaazed

When there is a realy good movie , that is in subtitle (hero) and when they show it on tv, they translate into english, and it just kills the whole movie.sometimes when you have to read the subititles you kind of get to set the tone, mood of the movie. But when there is some american-chink saying it , it kills the whole movie

sorry for the rant, but i came home to catch this movie on tv and it just killed the night..carry on

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GREENOJOS@Jun 5 2005, 02:10 AM

they should get some real asians to translate into english before making the movie in the beginning. stupid fucking subtitle movies.

Agreed!!!

At least "Kung foo theater" was funny. (or am I the only one here that's old enough to remember kung foo theater?)

The only thing more anoying than some asian guy trying to sound Ameriacan dubbed over a movie----> is subtitles!

If I want to read a book I'll read a fucking book!

I fucking hate the fact that I miss more than half the fucking movie

cause my eyes are glued to the bottom of the screen the whole time trying to read what's going on, and alot of the time I don't catch the whole sentences cause I AINT A FUCKING SPEED READER DAMNIT!!! therefore I still don't fully know what the fuck's going on.:haha:

At least the dubbed shit you know what's going on and you can actually WATCH the fucking shit instead of READING the bottom of the screen the whole fucking time! :burn:

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Jun 5 2005, 01:09 AM

When there is a realy good movie , that is in subtitle (hero) and when they show it on tv, they translate into english, and it just kills the whole movie.sometimes when you have to read the subititles you kind of get to set the tone, mood of the movie. But when there is some american-chink saying it , it kills the whole movie

sorry for the rant, but i came home to catch this movie on tv and it just killed the night..carry on

Odd. I hired that flick last night and the default setting is dubbed. Fuck that shit, yo.

Guest imported_Tesseract

subtitles over dubbing for sure. If you take an actors voice away you take out half the acting as well. Besides that not synchronised lips to the sound they supose to make give me headaches. Further than that 2, why pay a dozen 5th grade actors to dub instead of a single translator?

i saw some re-dub of akira the other day. i don't like watching dubbed movies at the best of times (i'd rather ready the subtitles) but the original akira dub wasn't too bad. the re-dub, however, was so americanised and fucking idiotic i nearly threw the tv out the window