YOUR FAVORITE PANEL

MRFLICKONE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I can't find an online pic of my favourite panels but one of them is an end to end in Berlin (I think) by Mack. Berlin is far and away my favourite steel scene to follow at the moment as they take older, more traditional and technical letterforms and put their own spin on them. Their colourforms are off the hook and the technical abilities of the best panel heads in Germany is insane. This Mack piece, which was in StyleFile Honey, had an end to end background of grey, dreary-looking faces and then BAM, right in the middle of the train, this awesome Mack piece.

I can't put it into words but there's something about the German steel scene that I love; their scene seems to correlate the most with the old NYC underground of the '70s and '80s. They burn the blackbooks, they do awesome walls and their panels are proper panels, done in the true tradition of graffiti. They seem to master all the elements of graffiti the old-school way, covering all skills from bombing to burning with whole cars. I love Berlin especially.

Can't go past giving mention to the KOC panels FlickOne posted. Both are awesome. The "Kick Off Crew" one is a mad statement and awesome crushing with that old school flavour and definitely fresh characters. Then on the flipside you have the totally original "Kids On Chemicals" panel which is just from another planet. Peyote is for my money one of the most original and funky writers in Australia.

Derick is dope; definitely a king of Bratislava but for me, all those guys ruin nice panels with WACK backgrounds. Wouldn't you agree?

If anyone here is from Sydney could they send me a private message as I am hoping to visit your fine town soon :)

Originally posted by EightyFour@Jun 5 2005, 09:04 PM

I can't find an online pic of my favourite panels but one of them is an end to end in Berlin (I think) by Mack. Berlin is far and away my favourite steel scene to follow at the moment as they take older, more traditional and technical letterforms and put their own spin on them. Their colourforms are off the hook and the technical abilities of the best panel heads in Germany is insane. This Mack piece, which was in StyleFile Honey, had an end to end background of grey, dreary-looking faces and then BAM, right in the middle of the train, this awesome Mack piece.

mack17dk.jpgmack27es.jpgmack39de.jpg