Who knows anything about bikes ?

WhiteOx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

they don't have those crappy zoom forks on them.

In my opinion...if you're gonna ride this bike hard enough to need a front fork...you'll break the 'zoom' ones...if you don't ride hard enough to break it...you really don't need it...plus you said its just for riding around town.

if you decide to start riding trail or get more into the scene...then you can always upgrade or buy something more chi-chi. cheap department store bikes are going to be rediculously heavy. I'd try to find an cheap Raleigh, Specialized Rock Hopper or Stumpjumper or a Giant. If you get a good frame...you can always change components later if you decide to go that route.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie+Jun 2 2005, 10:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vinyl junkie - Jun 2 2005, 10:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-<KEY3>@Jun 2 2005, 08:49 AM

drool !!!!

drool-er...

[/b]

droolEST!

stroede2.jpg

I dont like the time trial look to some of the frames.

Gotta go with the classics, and this white beauty is about as classic as it comes.

if you buy a decent bike. guard it with your life. last summer i had my baby stolen. i of course did not have insurance and was further fucked out of riding season because of it. not to mention 2 grand worth of hot bike.

lesson at hand: buy a bad ass lock (the kryptonite NY). and keep your bike inside and in sight as much as possible.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jun 6 2005, 05:23 PM

they don't have those crappy zoom forks on them.

In my opinion...if you're gonna ride this bike hard enough to need a front fork...you'll break the 'zoom' ones...if you don't ride hard enough to break it...you really don't need it...plus you said its just for riding around town.

if you decide to start riding trail or get more into the scene...then you can always upgrade or buy something more chi-chi. cheap department store bikes are going to be rediculously heavy. I'd try to find an cheap Raleigh, Specialized Rock Hopper or Stumpjumper or a Giant. If you get a good frame...you can always change components later if you decide to go that route.

ok thanks