Hip hop documentary on dvd

obgenius

What up ya’ll. Jus wondering if anyone seen that hip hop documentary freestyle. I jus heard from my buddy from universal that it came out on dvd on the 24th of may. I read that it got some creditable freestyle MCs like mc supernatural and juice. I wonder if they have the battle between those two cats because that was pretty ill. I also read that they got other MCs like the mighty Mos Def from Black Star, Freestyle Fellowship from Los Angeles (Aceyalone), and the roots (?uestlove, black thought). I heard that bobbito is even on it (Fondle Em Records R.I.P). So ya, from what I heard it sounds pretty tight, but I was just wondering if anyone else has heard about it or saw it. If ya’ll are wondering where I watched the trailer http://www.freestylethemovie.com/ , this other website got more info on the movie http://www.organicfilms.com/. peep it Hit me up.

freestyle_banner_728.gif

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's pretty good... they hada free showing in a theater.. i dont see any point in owning it though

it does have the supernat/juice battle, as well as the supernat/craig g battle... a lot of the freestyle footage is older, before cats blew up.. so that's interesting.. they were riding supernat a bit hard though

i woulda like to seen more saafir though

Originally posted by obgenius@Jun 7 2005, 07:29 PM

thanks for the replies ya'll. i'm probably goin to cop the dvd

the advertising doesn't bother me as much as the implication that we are all dumb enough to believe that it ISN'T an advertisement.

oh wait. i'm not a mod. none of it bothers me.

hiphop died in 1999.

gem sweater is the new hip hop.