Hell's Kitchen

No, I'm not talking about the notorious Manhattan Irish neighborhood that brought us such notable gangsters as Mickey's Spillane or Featherstone, although very interesting indeed this thread is about that bloody Scot Gordon Ramsay's new show debut tonite on FOX. For those who don't know about this charismatic chef, but care to find out tune in at 9pm for a dose of his medicine or is it poison, you decide, man or melonballer? I will be watching.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

We were talking about this show in school. Gordon Ramsay is a former professional football (soccer) star who after retiring turned to cooking and became a Michelin starred chef. Apparently he's brilliant but a complete fucking dick. And I guess he's not the worst of the chefs that are out there.

A professional kitchen is one of the last workplaces where shit like this is accepted. When people reach the level of these chefs the pressure they're under to maintain their level of perfection is rediculous and people will put up with shit like this to work with someone who is at the top of the game.

he can be a real nasty fucker sometimes, mind you there was this thing a while back where they got gordon ramsey to cook a chinese dish... blindfolded another guy and then got him to chose between ramseys meal and a pot noodle........

pot noodle

Originally posted by 23578@May 30 2005, 06:19 PM

No, I'm not talking about the notorious Manhattan Irish neighborhood that brought us such notable gangsters as Mickey's Spillane or Featherstone, although very interesting indeed this thread is about that bloody Scot Gordon Ramsay's new show debut tonite on FOX. For those who don't know about this charismatic chef, but care to find out tune in at 9pm for a dose of his medicine or is it poison, you decide, man or melonballer? I will be watching.

who are you? are you with the network?!?!?!?

Don't be so paranoid Mang, it's you're old friend numbers guy ;) . By the way which network do you mean, Gov't, Fox, Food, or other? I am, in my opinion, without the network. Yeah, I've seen his other show, it's very entertaining, and this show as his other was good, as reality tv goes (high entertainment, low realism), and I will continue to watch when I can. I was impressed by who got kicked off, but would not necessarily agree with the unspoken motivation. It's easy for me to get emotionally involved with this stuff however. I beleive he's a good chef, despite reports to the contrary, and a bit of an ass, pot noodle that's some good shit, pitting a fancy pants chef like gordon against a dish like pot noodle that has history is somewhat unfair don't you think, and can't possibly reflect badly on his reputation? Also in his defense, I haven't seen much in the way of chinese food in his cookbooks. On the other hand I don't think I would give anyone of those people he has on this show a restaurant, but the Hispanic girl could cook for me, and the guy on the blue team that was waiter wasn't totally disappointing. Fucking Ramsay with those L.A. bimbo's was classic, you know and he knew they were getting paid to do that to him, but whatever, it was still good tv.