SPORE

Guest Pilau Hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to set records for game sales.

Its more anticipated and hyped up than any other game ever.

Even if it's a redundant mediocre game (which it wont be) it's still going to sell.

Look at Napoleon Dynamite or 90% of these new comedy movies, the movies suck so fucking but because theres so much hype built up around them people are gonna go pay money for it.

This game is going to set records for game sales.

Its more anticipated and hyped up than any other game ever.

Even if it's a redundant mediocre game (which it wont be) it's still going to sell.

Look at Napoleon Dynamite or 90% of these new comedy movies, the movies suck so fucking but because theres so much hype built up around them people are gonna go pay money for it.

im sure it will sell well, but i can't see it being that great. Napolean dynamite was a fucking shithouse movie

nah this game is gonna be dope.

It encompasses everything.

The beginning mode is some simple 2d swim around eating shit level. Thats followed by a Diablo style play. Then Age of Empires. Theeeen Sim City. Then an expansive god-like universe mode.

Just from watching game play on that E3 video (which i highly doubt is gonna change when the game is released) this game is probably the only one I'd ever buy.

Okay so YOU don't think the game would be good, you're obviously in the minority. As I've heard of this game for about the last 6 months from my friends in the gaming world, they're all pretty excited about it.

May I ask what kind of game you enjoy?

im not too excited about this

the multiple levels of play seem interesting, but what if each level isnt good?

if the trible level is on par with starcraft and warcraft, and teh city level is on par with simcity, and every level is good the game should be good. but loookin at the screen shots the tribal battle levels dont look too good...

lmao,im still waiting for a demo. Just the part where you can ride around to other peoples worlds and steal their shit and make a world into like a giant zoo seems pretty cool.

What ive got out of this is there is ganna be hundreds of thousands of planets and worlds you can explore.

Wikipedia article

"Massively single-player"

Wright calls the game a "massively single-player online game". Simultaneous multiplayer gaming is not a feature of Spore. The creatures, vehicles, and buildings the player can create will be uploaded automatically to a central database (or a peer-to-peer system), cataloged and rated for quality (based on how many users have downloaded the object or creature in question), and then re-distributed to populate other players' games. The data transmitted will be extremely small — only a couple of kilobytes, according to Wright, who presented the following analogy: think of it as sharing the DNA template of a creature while the game, like a womb, builds the "phenotypes" of the animal, which represent a few megabytes of texturing, animation, etc.