basically i hate nyc

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never been to nyc...i'm sure i will go eventually.

i'm sure everyone who lives in a big city has a love/hate relationship;

i know i do. but as soon i leave, i get homesick for some reason.

and i agree, i think it's the people i really hate, not the place.

New york is dope!

I've lived in 40 something fucking cities and nyc is one of my faves. Silly B and downtown and all that have their drawbacks ... but as a raging alcoholic i fully condone both regions. I got 2 spots on bedford with 32oz styrofoam cups of beer at welfare prices and 3 more on ave A where the amount of liquor they dump into my tall glass could stop an elephant's heart. Plus this one spot where you get a free pizza with your beer. Believe I've inhaled those things like rikki lake.

Living aint reallyt bad either, you just gotta do your homework. I pay $350 a month for my spacious room in a 3 bedroom, air conditioned apartment and live one block from 2 major trains that will take me anywhere. My parking spot = 2 blocks away and its almost always open. Granted the crime rate is high but my bear mace keeps me cozy.

The worst shit about new york is the immortal snow. I will jump ship and flee to the south at the drop of a hat in the winter. That slushy disease ridden vomitous afterbirth toxic sewer shit piling up on street corners leaves me in a realllll bad way. It gets in my socks and I will stab people in february.

Originally posted by slave_one@Jun 2 2005, 05:34 PM

never been to nyc...i'm sure i will go eventually.

i'm sure everyone who lives in a big city has a love/hate relationship;

i know i do. but as soon i leave, i get homesick for some reason.

and i agree, i think it's the people i really hate, not the place.

yeah man, love and hate. this is a new york thread, but i gotta say, I hate my city. The politicians are fucked up , and I love how they hired David Gunn (uh...wonk saggin) a few years back to clean up the subways. My tag and my friends' tags were on the new nightly for a while.

Anyway, my city is at a very stagnating point right about now. Places like New York, it just doesn;'t seem so sterile. It's most likely because of the history, no matter how many new condos they wanna build everywhere.

:drunk: