basically i hate nyc

Guest HESHIANDET

i have never really had the desire to go to NYC. im sure its a nice place and all but.. i dunno. hype it up all you want saying its the best city in the world (i highly doubt it). i'm happy with visiting philly. pretty chill, still a beautiful place.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gat:Bush@May 31 2005, 12:47 PM

what does a shithole apt in the bronx or staten go for? i dont mind living shitty but id like to stay in NY for a prolonged amount of time....

Most likely 700 and up for a studio. For that much, you could go on Craigslist and hit up the roomate search thing and pay 500 and up for a decent apt. in a decent area...

Originally posted by Tyler Durden+May 31 2005, 02:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler Durden - May 31 2005, 02:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gat:Bush@May 31 2005, 12:47 PM

what does a shithole apt in the bronx or staten go for? i dont mind living shitty but id like to stay in NY for a prolonged amount of time....

Most likely 700 and up for a studio. For that much, you could go on Craigslist and hit up the roomate search thing and pay 500 and up for a decent apt. in a decent area...

[/b]

MY DUDE...7 BILLS FOR A STUDIO IN THE BX? MAYBE IN THE YEAR 2034, RIGHT NOW THEY'RE RUNNIN 400-500 (FOR A STUDIO) A NICE 1 BEDROOM OR 2 BEDROOM IS STILL GONNA BE UNDER A G. BROOKLYN IS BEAT. MY EXGIRL (WHO WAS THE ILLMATIC HIPSTER, IM SERIOUS) IS ROOMING WITH 3 HEADS AND THEY ALL PAY LIKE 500 A MONTH FOR A SMALL ASS 2BEDROOM. FUUUUUUUCK DAT. MY MOMS HAS A 2 FAMILY HOUSE IN THE BX AND PAYS LESS THAN THAT A MONTH. PLUS EVERYTHING IN THE BX IS A MILLION TIMES CHEAPER THAN IN BK. THAT WILLIAMSBURG SHIT IS BRAZY. I AINT FUCKIN WITH IT. I DONT EVEN FEEL COMFORTABLE IN BK. IM STAYIN RIGHT HERE. OR BUILDING A YACHT AND SAILING TO D.R. SCREAM AT ME.

MERO

Originally posted by Tyler Durden+May 31 2005, 02:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler Durden - May 31 2005, 02:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gat:Bush@May 31 2005, 12:47 PM

[/b]

MY DUDE...7 BILLS FOR A STUDIO IN THE BX? MAYBE IN THE YEAR 2034, RIGHT NOW THEY'RE RUNNIN 400-500 (FOR A STUDIO) A NICE 1 BEDROOM OR 2 BEDROOM IS STILL GONNA BE UNDER A G. BROOKLYN IS BEAT. MY EXGIRL (WHO WAS THE ILLMATIC HIPSTER, IM SERIOUS) IS ROOMING WITH 3 HEADS AND THEY ALL PAY LIKE 500 A MONTH FOR A SMALL ASS 2BEDROOM. FUUUUUUUCK DAT. MY MOMS HAS A 2 FAMILY HOUSE IN THE BX AND PAYS LESS THAN THAT A MONTH. PLUS EVERYTHING IN THE BX IS A MILLION TIMES CHEAPER THAN IN BK. THAT WILLIAMSBURG SHIT IS BRAZY. I AINT FUCKIN WITH IT. I DONT EVEN FEEL COMFORTABLE IN BK. IM STAYIN RIGHT HERE. OR BUILDING A YACHT AND SAILING TO D.R. SCREAM AT ME.

MERO

[/b]

MERO

DID YOU KNOW THAT NYC STANDS FOR NEW YORK CITY? IT'S A CITY MADE UP OF 5 BURROUGHS AND IS THE BIGGEST CITY IN THE UNITED STATES AND IS THE PLACE WHERE MODERN SPRAYCAN GRAFFITI WAS BORN, ALONG WITH HIP HOP, BREAKDANCING, AND SCRATCHING ON WAX. THE CITY IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH EAST COAST OF THE U.S. WHERE THE MOUTH OF THE HUDSON RIVER AND LONG ISLAND SOUND MEET. HOW MANY OF YOU KNEW THIS? I JUST FOUND THIS OUT YESTERDAY.

Originally posted by MEROJUANA+May 31 2005, 03:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MEROJUANA - May 31 2005, 03:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Tyler Durden@May 31 2005, 02:23 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Gat:Bush@May 31 2005, 12:47 PM

MERO

[/b]

Word? I just thumbed through Craigslist quick and I didnt see anything below 700 for the BX...I couldnt deal with that commute and traffic shit up there. Every time I'm on the Deegan SUCKS.

Bk is definetly super overpriced though right now....Especially in W.burg....There is just nothing good about that place...although I've heard Peter Lugers steak house is good I just cant justify going over there....

New york has changed drastically in the past 10 years.Growing up, you would never get out of line with a older cat you would get your ass kicked, and they would keep kicking until you learned your lesson.As kids we used to hate it.Now when you think about it, that made us as tough as nails , and taught us some sort of respect.But now a days you got alot of young kids out here, who have no respect and think theyre hard cuz there with a few of there boys, Those are the same nigga who bitch out when you catch them on the dolo tip..And another thing is, people are scared to get there ass kicked now adays, they're aint nothin wrong with gettin punched in the face, it will only make you stronger, so instead they go grab a gun, or a knife or something when they could just be a real nigga and throw up his hands. And then you got them lame niggas, who think because they got a fitted and a northface on that they are some kind of thug.Nigga the only thing them new jordans are gonna be good for is when you gonna run like a lil bitch when i come to take your shit .Fuck all them, they can all suck my dick, Excuse for the rant, im smoking a bob marley and felt like bullshittin

2blazzed?

Originally posted by Captain Obvious@May 31 2005, 07:50 PM

DID YOU KNOW THAT NYC STANDS FOR NEW YORK CITY? IT'S A CITY MADE UP OF 5 BURROUGHS AND IS THE BIGGEST CITY IN THE UNITED STATES AND IS THE PLACE WHERE MODERN SPRAYCAN GRAFFITI WAS BORN, ALONG WITH HIP HOP, BREAKDANCING, AND SCRATCHING ON WAX. THE CITY IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH EAST COAST OF THE U.S. WHERE THE MOUTH OF THE HUDSON RIVER AND LONG ISLAND SOUND MEET. HOW MANY OF YOU KNEW THIS? I JUST FOUND THIS OUT YESTERDAY.

I think LA is the biggest city in the US, both in population and landmass. Last I heard it was.

I'm not crazy about LA, either. I'm just not crazy about anywhere you can get mugged in broad daylight mid-day right on a crowded sidewalk, and no one gives a fuck. Fuck you, too. That gets me sour about NYC.

LA is huge, probably bigger in size than NYC.

However.... LA is a strange kind of place.

I couldn't live in a city where you HAVE to drive.

I like walking to work and riding my bike, which

really isn't much of an option in LA. Car culture at it's worst.

There's 3 times as many cars in LA as there are people. I know this because I read it on the bottom of a Snapple lid that read 'there are 3 times as many cars in LA as there are people'. I read it on the bottom of a Snapple lid, by the way.

Def'nintly 434 toothpi'ks... d'ef'nitly.

Originally posted by oh so modern@May 31 2005, 12:52 PM

take half of new york

put it in the midwest

add an inferiority complex

and you get chicago.

one love.

i just brought up chicago

in a new york thread.

inferiority complex confirmed.

you forgot to mention segregation and the most crooked mayor in the US

but otherwise, right on point.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jun 1 2005, 10:37 AM

I couldn't live in a city where you HAVE to drive.

I like walking to work and riding my bike, which

really isn't much of an option in LA. Car culture at it's worst.

You should spend some time in San Juan.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden@May 31 2005, 09:13 PM

Word? I just thumbed through Craigslist quick and I didnt see anything below 700 for the BX...

YEAH HOMIE THATS WHERE YOU WENT WRONG...JULIO GONZALEZ THE SUPER DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT COMPUTERS OR CRAIGSLIST, BUT HE DOES HAVE 10 2 BEDROOM APARTMENTS IN HIS BUILDING EMPTY AND BIG AS A FUCK, FOR 600 A MONTH. THE NIGGAS WHO KNOW ABOUT CRAIGSLIST KNOW THEY CAN GET THEY HUSTLE ON AND OVERPRICE AN APT. IN THE BRONX BECAUSE COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING, THE SHIT IS STILL CHEAP AS DIRT COMPARED TO BK. YOU ALREADY KNOW, HUSTLE HARD, MACK HARDER.

MERO!

MLBCEE

Originally posted by MEROJUANA+Jun 1 2005, 03:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MEROJUANA - Jun 1 2005, 03:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tyler Durden@May 31 2005, 09:13 PM

Word? I just thumbed through Craigslist quick and I didnt see anything below 700 for the BX...

YEAH HOMIE THATS WHERE YOU WENT WRONG...JULIO GONZALEZ THE SUPER DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT COMPUTERS OR CRAIGSLIST, BUT HE DOES HAVE 10 2 BEDROOM APARTMENTS IN HIS BUILDING EMPTY AND BIG AS A FUCK, FOR 600 A MONTH. THE NIGGAS WHO KNOW ABOUT CRAIGSLIST KNOW THEY CAN GET THEY HUSTLE ON AND OVERPRICE AN APT. IN THE BRONX BECAUSE COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING, THE SHIT IS STILL CHEAP AS DIRT COMPARED TO BK. YOU ALREADY KNOW, HUSTLE HARD, MACK HARDER.

MERO!

MLBCEE

[/b]

Good point.

You feel like playing tourguide at some point? I need to start doing shit in the BX but once I get away from highways i'm lost and even when I am on them I'm pretty retarded as far as directions go...

Whoever was talking about Queens before was on point...I like Queens...It reminds me the most of "home" in some parts. But take places like Astoria and shit....good prices on rent, good area, just as good as far as subway commute into Manhattan and without most of the corny ass loft dwelling hipsters... Except maybe in LIC.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden+Jun 1 2005, 04:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler Durden - Jun 1 2005, 04:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MEROJUANA@Jun 1 2005, 03:56 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Tyler Durden@May 31 2005, 09:13 PM

MERO!

MLBCEE

Good point.

You feel like playing tourguide at some point? I need to start doing shit in the BX but once I get away from highways i'm lost and even when I am on them I'm pretty retarded as far as directions go...

Whoever was talking about Queens before was on point...I like Queens...It reminds me the most of "home" in some parts. But take places like Astoria and shit....good prices on rent, good area, just as good as far as subway commute into Manhattan and without most of the corny ass loft dwelling hipsters... Except maybe in LIC.

[/b]

YEAH FA SHO HOMIE. HIT ME ON THE P.M TIP.

MEROOOOOO!

LETTEM KNUH!!

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@May 30 2005, 01:24 PM

It may seem wierd.But when you are born and raised your whole life in nyc, it deffinantly makes you into the person you are.You realy think a kid from brooklyn , will be the same kind of person if he grew up in bumblefuck new jersey? of course not.Theres constantly something going on here.I see thousands of people a day, and its never the same faces.You grow a certain pride for the city and place you grow up to live in.Ecspecially when its a place thats held in such high regards all over the world.I can go anywhere in the world and say "whats up" and just from the way i talk, look, and my all around vibe.They can tell im from new york right away, most peoples first question when i go out of town  is "your from brooklyn right?"  and eventually you grow proud of that fact, and will preach it, like its your heritage, because in some ways it is.feel me?

100% correct, whenever I'm out of town I get the same treatment, and when someone ask's me if I'm from NY they get a smile back and a big YES. I'd also like to add, I couldn't live anyone else in the world.