Illegal Immigrants

BobTheBuilder.

I am first generation born in the good ol US of A 

My parents came to this country illegally in the late 70's and they weren't eligible for residency until the 90's mom became a citizen in the late 90's dad became a citizien in the 2000's both applied at the same time and it still took forever.

Everyone comments on immigration as if they know the laws. I grew up in this and I still dont fully understand it.

My right wing friends say their family came to this country the legal way through ellis island at that time there was no such thing as illegal immigration. They took your name down and welcome to america that all changed when chinese immigrants started coming over

My liberal friends make it seem like deportation just started happening.  For much of the 80's my parents didnt go out much because INS were raiding factories and picking people up at bus stops. Its nothing new.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don’t support what my country, Australia does, or what is happening in the US these days. 

However, a country cannot have open borders as there has to be controls for quarantine, customs, security etc. 

the difference between putting children in cages in cages and adults in prisons is pretty obvious, thought. Adults are caged for actions they decided to undertake that were against the law (not that simple, I know, but that’s the principle) where as Children don’t fully have the capacity to understand the law and their actions and when they are like 8 years old they are following their parents, they are not responsible for their own actions. Pretty surprised that anyone would even draw a comparison, to be frank. 

In saying that, the way immigration is politicized and securitised around the world these days is fucking sickening. If I lived in Iran, Sri Lanka, El Salvador or Mexico I’d be doing everything I could to improve my family’s life as well. Can’t blame a mofo for wanting that. 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

On 7/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, mn1_fuckos said:

My right wing friends say their family came to this country the legal way through ellis island at that time there was no such thing as illegal immigration.

Oh they want to play that game?

Ellis Island?   Fucking pussy latecomers.  This is the earliest member of one side of my family to come here (really):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Billington

Tell the right-wingers I send my regrets that their families slipped in before they could be properly walled out by my ancestors who were here from the beginning.  ?

On 7/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, Hua Guofang said:

I don’t support what my country, Australia does, or what is happening in the US these days. 

However, a country cannot have open borders as there has to be controls for quarantine, customs, security etc. 

the difference between putting children in cages in cages and adults in prisons is pretty obvious, thought. Adults are caged for actions they decided to undertake that were against the law (not that simple, I know, but that’s the principle) where as Children don’t fully have the capacity to understand the law and their actions and when they are like 8 years old they are following their parents, they are not responsible for their own actions. Pretty surprised that anyone would even draw a comparison, to be frank.  

In saying that, the way immigration is politicized and securitised around the world these days is fucking sickening. If I lived in Iran, Sri Lanka, El Salvador or Mexico I’d be doing everything I could to improve my family’s life as well. Can’t blame a mofo for wanting that. 

Controls, yes.  Unfortunately nothing being done has improved anything, most of the threats don't exist, and the cost of all of it is slowly chewing away programs which benefit the public more. 

The TSA themselves found they can only detect bombs and weapons with about 5% accuracy in an internal study, and people are generally not coming straight into the country with any of those so that's the line of defense against an attack via plane.  Terrorist aka Muslim attacks that have been performed don't even bother with the easily available guns here (I'm not complaining about that) most of the time.  The closest thing we've had to a major attack is the mass-dumping of fentanyl derivatives made in china and sold for next to nothing,  and nobody seemed to notice they existed until several years after they were available.  People here are the ones selling it, but let someone already selling heroin know they can have millions of doses of something far stronger for a few thousand dollars and the results are kind of predictable.  I really don't know what else to call that case.  The companies that made it had to know there would be no good result from that, since they presumably handled it while wearing SCUBA suits because they lived long enough to sell it.  ?

I have no real idea what the motivation behind caging kids and drugging them is, but I can't think of anything that will turn out well for anyone. 

/cries self to sleep

• 2 months later...

Thoughts on this migrant caravan headed for the U.S.?

Not illegal immigration but close enough given our numbers on here right now.

Anyhow... does seem a little strange to have a mass of people just show up and say let us in because we're here.  Then again, that's pretty much how the country has worked from the beginning and I wouldn't be an American if not for that system.  Still seems like they're doing it just to prove a point, but that may be in part how I am seeing the media spin on it.  Wonder if they'll even make it to the U.S. border or will something unfortunate happen before then.

The other piece for me that never seems to get acknowledged in the news is how much the U.S. has fucked with Central/South America, interfering with countries and even training some of their future leaders in our School of The Americas.  So when shit gets FUBAR there and they want to leave, seems about right that the U.S. take them in.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:55 PM, Kults said:

They'll send the Military. That mob isn't getting in. Id bet on it.

Untitled.jpg

Didn't foresee that but nothing surprises me much in the Trump era.  

Will still be interesting though as I imagine there will be protesters at the border, but then I don't necessarily expect them to stupidly throw shit at the military, for example.

I guess I was at JFK during Trump's travel ban and most people were protesting peacefully enough.

44 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Didn't foresee that but nothing surprises me much in the Trump era.  

Will still be interesting though as I imagine there will be protesters at the border, but then I don't necessarily expect them to stupidly throw shit at the military, for example.

I guess I was at JFK during Trump's travel ban and most people were protesting peacefully enough.

Oh for sure, I doubt very much the military would harass protesting citizens. You just can't bum rush a country's border with sheer numbers and expect to get in. Especially in this climate. They tore right thru the barriers in Mexico, I don't see that happening at the US border, one way or another.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So, Trompas wants to deport his wife and her family. Ain't that a bitch? Sure, it all makes sense and what not, but to create a whole plot that would take years to become single?

Kinda stupid to go that far, be President, and than achieve goal. I would accept the outcome of people being stupid than that.