Illegal Immigrants

BobTheBuilder.

I completely reject your accusation! I am not OLD. Maybe a little well-seasoned.

Guilty on "grumpy."

The jury is still out on "bigoted." One man's bigot is another man's cultural defender, after all.

Definately male, and past puberty, so I qualify on the "man" thing.

Oh, yeah---Metro bus and MetroRail costs a buck, and transfers are free. I think most of our Metro drivers are in a union, but I forget which one.

The main gripe I have with unions is that they are too "craft" or "trade" oriented. I believe in "industrial" unions---all the workers in an industry, regardless of trade, in the same union. For instance, all the guys that work for Metro, whether they are drivers, maintenance mechanics, electricians, computer operators or whatever, should all be in the same "Transportation Worker's Union." Just my .02 cents.

Supposedly the problem is not sky-high wages, but sky-high prices. Public utilities are always kind of a monkey wrench in the works, though, because they are supposedly owned by the government, but operated by some for-profit company that has it's hand in your pocket.

BTW nurses are making about $60,000 a year down here--around $30 an hour. Average RN wages where I work are around $25 an hour, we are working for "below parity."

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Kabar, Have you ever noticed that you frequently describe non-white people in derrogatory phrases?

Originally posted by KaBar2@Jul 12 2005, 06:14 PM

Now they have huge ghettos of uneducated, poverty-stricken, pissed off, unassimilated people from mostly North African and Middle Eastern countries living within Europe.

You don't need to actually go to Mexico to visit Mexico. You can just go down to the barrio.

I agree wih you on a lot of not letting immagrants in for many reasons, although, America presents itself as "Land of the Opportunity" So If you talk the talk, then you gotta walk the walk....Personally, I like Mexicans, they , for the most part are Honest, Hardworking individuals from what I've seen. It seems to me like a certain faction of White Americans feel as though America belongs to them, and that all the Gooks, niggers , spics, wetbacks, and camel Jockeys are just screwing it all up for the Good ole boys!

I live in a southern state(not from the south), and I know the sentiment of whites toward "Non Whites" It's a different world in the South, Race wise , for sure, All I know is... America eats itself...

Originally posted by Tesseract@Jul 12 2005, 08:09 AM

Whoa, too much hate coming from a country that basically owes everything into immigration.

the euro hit it right there.

everyone is the US is an 'illegal immigrant' if you consider STEALING LAND a crime.

Then again, those Bering Straight immigrants (thousands of years ago) probably

pushed some ancient culture off their land too. The problem isn't immigration,

it's that immigrants dont get the things their new country promises. Sorry, but the American Dream is dead.

i'm pretty sure no one in this thread really wants to do any of the jobs that illegal immagrants take...

and the only reason westerners are all upset is cuz... we're mad that all the years it took us to brain wash and convert all these other cultures to take on our shit is starting to fall off.... and there bringing their shit back... and ignorant people are afraid to change with the time...... we forced them to be christians and to wear clothing like us... and didn't think that there would be a time that people would be like.... this shit is wack... i wanna get back to the way of my people!!!!

Originally posted by Tesseract@Jul 12 2005, 07:09 AM

Whoa, too much hate coming from a country that basically owes everything into immigration. Its your history guys and along with the good you also get the bad. I wont say i dont understand the problems or that you should put up with everything but if you're interested into america being so democratic and an example for everybody else you shouldnt even mention half the stuff you guys do in here.

Yeah...uh...see, the thing is, my great-grand parents/grand parents got on a boat, and came here to Ellis Island to LEGALLY enter the country.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to go somewhere to start a better life... But if youre going to "take the good with the bad" you need to man up and deal with entering the country the right way.

The whole problem is alot deeper (obviously...) than merely closing off our borders. It goes into the topics that everyone else has mentioned regarding taking the jobs no one here wants, corporations/business owners encouraging the illegal immigration for the sake of cheap labor, and numerous other culture related topics that are touch areas. And the vast majority of the Mexicans making their way here ARE, in reality, planning to work their asses off for 10 years while sleeping 10 to a small bedroom, and going back to Mexico once theyve saved up enough so that they can live like a king and never work again. Theyre very open about it. It is not a secret by any means.

Ideally, we could just deport all the illegals out of here. Encourage Mexico to get its act together. Look into getting people into doing these "undesireable" jobs (perhaps by eliminating OR ADJUSTING our welfare system somehow, in such a way to encourage individuals that are able to work, to want to go out and do work...?) and make legal immigration a viable and easier system for people to legally gain access to the country, all the while keeping numbers strictly regulated.

The whole deal is a double edged sword... You take illegals out of the picture, who's going to work all the HUMONGOUS agri-businesses in the country? These people make shit money working all the farms that supply the country's food, they work all the slaughterhouses (which is another clusterfuck on its own) chopping up cows so I can get my 99 cent cheeseburger at wendy's, etc. If they're eliminated, we have to employ legal citizens... which brings us to the fact that no citizen in his right mind would do those jobs for the amount on money the illegals are getting paid. So the price of your food skyrockets, because nobody can afford to support themselves, no less a family on the pittance the illegals are paid... If you want the illegals out, be prepared to pay a hell of alot more for eveything. Unfortunatley, the way things are now, we rely on cheap exploitable labor. Employers (especially small business owners) would be CRUSHED if they had to pay normal wages. It's not right, but the illegals play to big a part in the system to just be pulled out... It would be like pulling the bottom can of soup out of that big pyramid in the grocery store.

Nowadays we vote with our dollars. Support businesses that don't hire illegals if you don't like it. There's plenty of places you can buy your food, etc. that don't use illegal labor (Trader Joe's is one as far as I know)... If you don't want businesses using illegal labor, don't buy their products. It's common sense. Big businesess dont pay attention to the shmuck with the protest sign, they listen to the people who buy their products...

LOL, I just went all hippie on you. BTW nice to meet you, this is like my 3rd post or something...

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Sep 23 2005, 08:51 PM

bwahahahah!

Trader joes does hire illegals

how do i know?

My friends roomate works stock there, hes 100% illegal ass alien. Amazing what $130 spent in mission street can get you.

Hence why I said as far as I know.

I stand corrected...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (see we're laughing together);)

I don't think anyone said it would be easy.

I don't have any specific post to reply to, have just briefly skimmed the thread, and feel like dropping opinions, so...

1.) They take the jobs no one else wants

This is complete bullshit. They don't take jobs that are unwanted, they take pay that is unwanted.

2.) All Americans have immigrants just a few branches below on the family tree, how can you give the Mexicans shit about it?

Guess what? TIMES FUCKING CHANGE. Immigration is obviously a policy we should be flexible with, I don't give a fuck what some statue the French gave us says about poor people.

Go after the people who employ the Mexicans. They are the real problem.

This isnt always as easy as possible. The way I have seen it work is that the mexicans are hired by a temp company owned and opperated by legal mexicans.

The main company pays the temp service to send out guys to work. This is all good. Since the main company doesnt have any direct influence over who was hired by this outside company it doesnt matter to them if the guys are illegal or not, nothing can come back on them. As far as the law is concerned, they have paid a legit company to bring in man power. The entirity of the problem will fall on the temp company that is owned by the legal mexican guy. If you go after him, he has the option to flee and go home and never come back with his millions of dollars. The company can then be restarted over again by one of his 10 family members that work for him and never miss a beat.

It is cheaper to pay a temp service $20 per hour per guy then it is topay me $12 per hour and have to pick up insurence, healtcare, and match me on taxes. It's a smart move for the business but it is destroying the moral of the American worker. Im watching it go down everyday.

I am not against immigration itself, but I am totally against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. This is a simple problem. No nation on earth allows people to freely range over it's borders. If you get caught in Mexico without the proper immigration papers, you are going to PRISON. There is a 25-mile tourist zone just south of la frontera. If you set one foot outside that zone without a valid, stamped, fee-paid visa, you will be arrested and held as an illegal immigrant into Mexico.

It doesn't make any difference how much money they will work for, or how much taxes they pay, or whether or not the serve in the U.S. military or anything else.

All that matters is that they are violating Federal immigration laws, period. I don't care if they've been here thirty years, all that says to me is that they have been in violation of Federal law for thirty YEARS.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, just like all the other countries of the world belong to the citizens of those countries. WE HAVE RULES ABOUT WHO CAN IMMIGRATE, AND WHEN. If anybody violates our rules, they can be arrested (and SHOULD be arrested) and held in Federal detention until their trial.

Mexican Nationals should stay in Mexico and make Mexico a better place. The United States should NOT allow foreign nationals to populate our southwestern states. California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are UNITED STATES PROPERTY, and if the government had any sense whatsoever, they would be carefully scrutinizing every single person who lives in a border state, and arresting and deporting anybody who is not a U.S. citizen.

The borders of the United States should be sealed and guarded by the U.S. military. Illegally violating a border of the United States should be a felony carrying at least five years at hard labor, after which the illegal immigrant would be delivered by air to his home country as far from the United States as possible, and he or she should be FOREVER BANNED from ever becoming a resident or citizen of the United States. A second offence should carry a sentence of ten years at hard labor.

WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE LAW VIOLATORS IN THIS COUNTRY. In my opinion, the U.S. Border Patrol and the offices of Immigration and Naturalization should be not only protecting our borders, but hunting down and arresting anyone who is already in the country illegally.

The fact that there are so many illegal immigrants already here just tells me how completely FUCKED UP this country already is.

When we wind up having to fight these motherfuckers for control of the southwestern states, you people that support illegal immigration are going to see exactly what they had in mind from the start.

Go ahead---flame away. Illegal immigration is FUCKING WRONG and you know it.

• 6 years later...

Snow Boots and Winter Jackets

If you are shopping at a retail store canada goose jakker, make sure you check your product thoroughly. Look at the quality of the material and whether it will suit your purpose, check for strained stitching or signs of overuse and most importantly, check the size and whether it's comfortable goose canada parka to wear. Although shopping at retail outlets for coats is a more rewarding experience because of your choice to be able to check out your possibly new winter coat, shopping for canada goose parka online has many advantages. Shopping for winter coats online allows you to go through thousands of products easily, compare prices, read reviews about the website and their services and most importantly, get it cheaper. All online websites that sell winter jackets list the size ugg boots sale, material, defects (if any), stock, shipping price and canada goose parka delivery time. Most websites that offer such sales also have a return policy.

honestly, i can't blame them for coming over here. even if its illegaly. these people live in utter poverty, in a country where their options are limited and in most cases they have no way out of the shit their in, if i lived like that there is no way i WOULDN'T try to jump the fence so to speak.

its every parents job to want to make a better life for their children and themselves, and america is a country where you can make that shit happen. you can go from dirt poor to living relatively comfortably. the quality of life in this country is TEN times better than down there, even the poorest fools here have it relatively good compared to what its like down there. it would be insane not to want to come here.

second point i want to make, whether you like it or not migrant workers are a big part of our economy, they keep costs down. these dudes will work for dirt cheap doing jobs that most americans don't have the heart to do. do you think you can honestly spend all day every day bending over picking fruits in the hot sun in long sleeves? i doubt it. they have programs designed to get americans to do these jobs and guess what? they've failed. most quit the first day. alabama passed a new immigration bill and 11,000 workers ran the state, and now they are finding a hard time getting people to pick crops there, they had to bring in inmates, and inmates don't work nearly as hard. i think people will be quick to change their tune when the prices of produce sky rocket.

building a border fence isn't at all economically sound. it cost money to build and maintain, not to mention patrol. i think the best thing to do as far as border security is put sensors etc. around the perimeter and outposts with border agents however many miles in between to respond. even that is costly, but i understand the national security risk that an unprotected border presents.

idk, maybe im jaded because im around alot of mexicans, but i just don't feel the need to kick them all out. most stick to themselves and don't bother anybody.

Why is all about mexico and hispanics they are not the only immigrants. I don't find it fair how people always find a way of how to get the mexicans out. I mean yeah there is a a lot of them and honestly they should kick out the ones who are just sniffing and shooting up the same shit they did in their country. But if your going to talk about "immigrants" talk about all of them. Asian, african, jappanesse, etc... Its just when I turn on the t.v. and see the news talking about the immigration problem and mexicans it makes the US look bad.

As for the border problem they should up the surveillance and this is coming from a child of immigrants.

• 2 months later...

im curious as to which illegals would pay income tax and why. i don't know the ins and outs of illegal immigration and deportation but i would assume being documented on income tax forms could jeopardize your free ride in America.

how about the amount of money spent each year on illegals, or certain programs wanting to grant illegals amnesty from paying a college tuition? or in other words, the tax payer will take up that cost. shit is mind boggling how people can support that, but there are plenty who do.

saying people are racist who are against illegal immigration is pathetic. come up with a new excuse.

This isnt always as easy as possible. The way I have seen it work is that the mexicans are hired by a temp company owned and opperated by legal mexicans.

The main company pays the temp service to send out guys to work. This is all good. Since the main company doesnt have any direct influence over who was hired by this outside company it doesnt matter to them if the guys are illegal or not, nothing can come back on them. As far as the law is concerned, they have paid a legit company to bring in man power. The entirity of the problem will fall on the temp company that is owned by the legal mexican guy. If you go after him, he has the option to flee and go home and never come back with his millions of dollars. The company can then be restarted over again by one of his 10 family members that work for him and never miss a beat.

It is cheaper to pay a temp service $20 per hour per guy then it is topay me $12 per hour and have to pick up insurence, healtcare, and match me on taxes. It's a smart move for the business but it is destroying the moral of the American worker. Im watching it go down everyday.

i have first hand experience working in those fields did that every summer vacation for a week or two with my grandma & grandpa when i was a kid. got paid $5hr picking grapes. no id or social required. everyone that worked in those fields were illegals and lived in small towns close by. it really is hard fucking work. especially when the son is beaming down on you and your feet are being cooked by the sand for hours. your not allowed to sit down or rest if you do they get mad and threaten to fire you. Its like slave work. Its fucked up too because for some of those people that work is all they have. immigration is a bitch but i feel bad for them.

was a good movie

yeah, it sucks it had to get to that point but in my opinion they are the state doing it right. the state passed the law. it also mirrors the federal law. i don't buy someone saying illegals help our economy, at least not more than they hurt it. illegals cost the country billions of dollars every year. more illegals come through the borders than law abiding ones trying to do it the right way. in other words, our country makes it easier to come in illegally than legally, by a long shot. so that's what needs to be changed, the nightmare process of becoming a legal citizen, while securing the borders.

The key to getting illegal immigration to a managable level is easy.

Its not a huge fucking great wall of America or some moat.

A few easy changes issued today would cut the amount of illegal immigrants in half tommrow.

-No free admission to Hospitals, schools, and no use of 911 services.

-Target large employers of illegals, I mean its not rocket science to figure out whose hiring Juan and Pedro

- Bring troops home from overseas in countries that dont fucking need us there, and instead have them on the border, more as a scarecrow with a defined set of rules on how to act/combat illegals.

-Help Mexico slow its drug war, which wont be stopped as you cant win a war against an inanimate thing.

-Make all illegals who have children here pay taxes once their child is born here and becomes an automatic citizen -or- and I dont favor this but make legislation that prevents citizenship being granted to babies of illegals.

-Come up with a more clever work-visa program that allows them to come here and work those jobs that no one else will, keep tabs on them, tax em a percentage and if they behave themselves let them become citizens

It really seems pretty simplitsic to me, doing is however harder than saying.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't read any of this thread because I can only expect the usual 12 oz buffoonery and sometimes I don't want to deal with yalls dumb ass comments.

however I will say this.

My family is illegal and all yall haters are fucking mad and that shit is funny as a mother fucker. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

The key to getting illegal immigration to a managable level is easy.

Its not a huge fucking great wall of America or some moat.

A few easy changes issued today would cut the amount of illegal immigrants in half tommrow.

-No free admission to Hospitals, schools, and no use of 911 services.

-Target large employers of illegals, I mean its not rocket science to figure out whose hiring Juan and Pedro

- Bring troops home from overseas in countries that dont fucking need us there, and instead have them on the border, more as a scarecrow with a defined set of rules on how to act/combat illegals.

-Help Mexico slow its drug war, which wont be stopped as you cant win a war against an inanimate thing.

-Make all illegals who have children here pay taxes once their child is born here and becomes an automatic citizen -or- and I dont favor this but make legislation that prevents citizenship being granted to babies of illegals.

-Come up with a more clever work-visa program that allows them to come here and work those jobs that no one else will, keep tabs on them, tax em a percentage and if they behave themselves let them become citizens

It really seems pretty simplitsic to me, doing is however harder than saying.

I live in Arizona. Some of your 'ideas' are already being tried and already are not working

-Undocumented communities are scared of calling 911 and applying for government assistance because of laws like SB 1070. However the population of undocumented folks has not gone down. It''s not to uncommon to hear someone got deported because they tried to go to the emergency hospital out here. It's also not to uncommon to see Border Patrol inside these hospitals. So this 'idea' is full of bologna.

-Border Patrol is the highest paid position you can receive in the government sector without needing anything more than a High School diploma. Why in the world would troops want to stoop down that low? Besides, Border Patrol spokes people have said this time and time before. They cannot catch every single person out there crossing the border. Instead they implement a tactic called "diversion by death" which means that they would rather funnel people into the most deadlier parts of the border (i.e. the sonoran desert). The idea is that the trip crossing the border will be such a deadly deterrent that people will no longer want to cross. This has not stopped or decreased people crossing the border.

-So many government agents on this side of the border are being paid off by the cartels that it would be a joke to just go up into areas affected most by the drug trade and try any way to 'slow it down'. I think the US government knows by now that if they had any desire to slow things down it would turn into an all out war. And honestly, I don't see your argument here that this would stop undocumented folks migrating across the border. Maybe the idea is that communities would be safer? Truth, however, it would not erase the economic desperate that Mexico and the rest of Latin America has been in since the start of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

-McDonalds for example around my area have been raided because of suspicion of them hiring unemployed workers. Kind of funny though, when they raided the Mcdonalds they couldn't find anyone worth the time to hire! Even with this happening, undocumented peoples population has not gone down.

-50 million documented Americans already don't pay their taxes, what makes you think the government can start tracking down undocumented folks. haha.

-Check points in Latino neighborhoods, raids on workplaces suspected of hiring undocumented folks is an all to common thing. They do these to check peoples expired work visas. Again, the population in undocumented folks has not decreased

You Mad??:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: