terrible graffiti

Loki13

What's even funnier than "Fruitpunch" playing himself with that corny statement about how "It's like every kid who's from the ghetto or thinks they're ghetto also thinks they're born with the ability to write graffiti." ---> is the fact that everyone took the word "gheto" as automatically translating to "black".

Assuming that it's mostly black folk that got pissed, are you racist against yourself by assuming that only black people are from the ghetto? And that "ghetto" means black?

:rolleyes:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SF1@May 20 2005, 01:53 AM

What's even funnier than "Fruitpunch" playing himself with that corny statement about how "It's like every kid who's from the ghetto or thinks they're ghetto also thinks they're born with the ability to write graffiti." ---> is the fact that everyone took the word "gheto" as automatically translating to "black".

Assuming that it's mostly black folk that got pissed, are you racist against yourself by assuming that only black people are from the ghetto? And that "ghetto" means black?

:rolleyes:

good to see you SF :lol: :lol:

no not the word "ghetto" but the fact that he waited till the flick with the little black kid in it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

great thread... I always enjoy looking at peoples "first" pieces, they usually have some weird ass color schemes and shit no one never thought of.

all that disappears when the toys learn more style and "rules". then you just have another average writer/bomber with very little to give, but who blends in the masses

and again everybody should just stop typing on their keyboards about who is toy. I don't give a fuck about your internet beef

quote from rocky3

"or consider certain areas ghetto if it is predominatly black. most of the time they don't even realize that they are being judgemental."

the quote button wasnt working but i just wanna say to look up the drfinition of "ghetto" in the fucking dictionary and see what you come up with

that was said perfectly. that kids better than alot of the writers that we got here in dc. Oh and if im not mistaken, i belive a black dude from the ghetto started graffiti. ok, thats my 2 cents

yea it started in philly....CORNBREAD....dude was tryin to impress a girl on the bus, so he started written cornbread all over the bus line....the rest is history

Actually, by most accounts it started with Taki 183 and spread from there...Cornbread came later (he did bomb an elephant tho, so that's def. worth mentioning.)

Cornbread was before Taki.

There was actually a few heads writing on shit here and there in Philly before Cornbread but he was the first nigga to go bombin and get rep.

Technically the hobo's were hitting up on the freights before anybody, but Cornbread's the one that inspired the whole "graff movement". Streetbombing as far as tagging started in Philly in the mid 60's, not NY.

NY invented Pieces and throwups.

Learn your history.

Originally posted by hatetown@May 21 2005, 06:46 PM

What about the cavemen who were bombing caves all over the pangea? What about the Romans who used to write shit all over the cities?

They weren't bombing, they weren't writing their names all over to get rep. They were drawing pictures of animals cause they were bored.

I can't beleive I'm seriously replying to this. :rolleyes:

yo SF1, i always thought the Parker shit was fly for a couple reasons.

1. the one you posted is all the fuck the way up there under 95 and i think that dude hung over or some shit, and thats dope even given how ugly that thing is.

2. hes got another peice similar to that on an i beam on the other side of FDR

3. hes got a tag half way up the pole for the billboard near the tracks that looks like its been there way before anybody thought to climb it and get the back of it.

man i wish i was on my computer, philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs have some choice wacky/disgustingly ugly grafitti.