terrible graffiti

Loki13

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dope flicks, scribbler.

And in response to the guy wondering why some people like the naive stuff (weather authenticaly naive or ironicaly so) more than the mediocre, I think I might be able to shed some light on the standpoint. You see our whole world nowadays exists mainly in the spectrum of mediocrity. So much is not absolutely terrible, nor is it really spectacular, it just falls into the endless and mind numbing in-between. Bleh. When you become bogged down with the medicority, it is refreshing and inspiring to see something that really registers at either extreme of the spectrum, as long as it gets you out of the mediocre-range.

So in particular to graffiti, I could see thousands of pictures of technicaly skilful pieces from Scribble Jam on the internet and it does nothing at all for me, it just fades into the boring sameness. A really attrocious piece of graffiti, even if it's done ironicaly by someone who "knows better" can provide enough freshness to add something to my viewing pleasure.

To sum up, jaded and desnsitized sensibilities crave shock value. It's cleansing, and lets you appreciate the really "good" graffiti too.