FAKE MONTANA CANS

onion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by upinsmoke

Man, let me tell you this... The German montana is at best a cheap knock-off of a good thing... It requires extensive use of both to really compare the two, and I have done so, and am qualified to say what I am saying, bottom line... If the german Montana was the same thing, why did they put it in a different can? different can, donut, but most importantly, (pay attention to this now, this is the only important part of this whole issue) IT IS DIFFERENT PAINT!!!! did you hear that??? i said IT IS DIFFERENT PAINT!!! it is only called Montana because the German knew they had an established customer base... If Wal-mart made rustoleum, and put it in a different can and still called it rusto, THAT DOESNT FUCKING MEAN THAT ITS RUSTO... The world is being lied to by lazy theives who are riding the coat tails of Spain. The german shit is almost exactly like the Pro-line shit... anyone who has used it knows... same do nut as proline, and everyone knows that Proline does not compare to spanish montana. It is simply Duplicolor paint inside a can that says MONTANA on it. Everythime I used the German crap with an outline cap, it would clog a brand new german outline cap after about 15 seconds of use... I went through 13 just to ouline half my piece. The pressure is not that of spanish Mont. It is much slower, doesnt always cover, and smells different. Nothing is the same , except the name, which was simply used to keep a customer base which was earned with Spanish Quality.

Bottom line: Yes, the german shit is paint, but when you reach into your pocket to buy MONTANA, because its really good paint, is it too much to ask to GET montana, and not some cheap knock off of a lesser quality?

* I have nothing to do with any of these 2 companies, I do not sell, or profit from the sale of ANY of these cans... I am simply letting everyone know what is up, since I have used both brands extensively... I would not trust the German shit in a train yard where seconds count.

damn germans.....you wuda thought that theyd have learnt not to mess with the uk...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest montanaman

there is a difrence germany is using duplicolors instead of the real formula and that proline is by l&g too. arosal art just atarted this new line of paint and its all good in certain colors i kno for a fact that montanas original formula comes out thick and the german crap comes out watery especiaLLy that vampire violet rv27:D

• 5 months later...

I went from using Spanish Monty to the new "fake" crap. I thought all the drugs I do had made my hand eye co-ordination go fucked and had lost the ability to paint..... but no it was the shit German shite.

It gives drips on outlines, uneven spray and has a very pissy consistency. Its not that bad but compared to the Spanish its shite. I only buy spanish the other stuff is a waste.:( :( :(

Originally posted by vynlone

uneven spray and has a very pissy consistency.

Yeah, this is the real downside to german montana. A mate of mine who's relatively new to graf made the mistake of thinking that because the german tins look nicer they'd be higher quality. Wrong.

Also it's very difficult to fill with the german montanas, fills look all scrappy and shit.

fuck german montana

the german montana site is too fake/comercialized/wack looking... a sure sign that that company is just in it for tha $$. Their product descriptions are lame. They try to appeal to distributors and stores to buy their paint. Stick with the real deal: Spanish Montana (or belton molotow).

well that will teach you to use such expensive paint! no, im just joking, pretty much anything that is profitable will be bootlegged, you all know about bootlegged CDs Clothing, but did you ever hear about bootlegged beer, or bootlegged cars. you might think that it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but they have been having problems with such thing in some south east asian countries. I read about it in an actual newspaper, not some wierd internet news thing so next time you buy a beer, check for authenticity.:D

Guest PHYNE

ive used both types the old cans with the grid pattern and the new designed graff cans.......what about the donut? aint that copyrighted??? if it is than only the patetened owners can use that donut....so maybe its all smoke up our asses.....i think paint is paint ...

oh and who else thinks montana smells like wd 40? ...i like the smell hahahahahahah man its to early

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading on the fake montana site that the germans have been tring to give the spanish montana (now known as MTN) a bad rap by exposing the use of lead in their paint. I really feel that the germans are a bunch of cry babies. Since they stoled the name now their trying to say that their product is safe, but get real after painting with any spray can the fumes will get to you no matter what brand it is. I am wondering if this is their desperate move to increase sells since their probably not making their numbers. FakeMontana

there is lead everywhere, it just depends on how much is there. its classified as parts per million and you will find lead in the soil in your backyard.

^^ its also funny because the spanish tried to send a shipment over to canada about a year and a half ago and customs stoped and tested it. they did find lead in it so they sent it back to spain. the spanish did some research and developement and created a new formula because they knew they would be fucked for the north american market. it has had no problems getting through customs since then.

• 5 months later...

Next person to start another Montana thread should get the axe. Im tired of this shit. I get enough of this shit from akaTrip to last me a life time. All i have to say is there was a sale on paint 2.50 instead of 6.00... Ive eaten way too much and cant even think about food

taken from here.

THE REAL STORY BEHIND SPANISH VS. GERMAN PAINT!

Back in 1997 Montana Colors made an agreement with L&G in Germany to distribute paint in Central, Northern and Eastern Europe. Then in 1998 L&G asked to be the exclusive worldwide distributor for Montana but the offer was rejected. The following year in 1999 the german car-paint company DUPLICOLOR-VOGELSANG made an offer to buy out Montana Colors and Montana colors rejected the offer. In 2000 L&G made a new and renewed offer to buy out Montana Colors, this time with the economic backing of DUPLICOLOR, and threatened war if there was no sale but Montana Colors rejected the offer again.

In 2001 L&G and DUPLICOLOR joined forces to bite and produce bootleg Montana cans. They bit the design, the color names, color numbers, and even the donut. Now they have changed the can design but they still bite the old color names and numbers and have since claimed to create the 'boina" the small black valve seal on the cans.

The fact of the matter is that the paint in these bootleg cans is DULPICOLOR! If any of you have ever used Grabber Green or Chevy Orange-Red you'll know that DULPICOLOR is like painting with water. It doesn't "One-Shot" cover meaning the line isn't opaque in just one spray, you have to double and triple coat sometimes.

Now you may be thinking "How the hell can they do this?" Well, L&G went to a Swiss company called Montana and negotiated a contract to use the rights to the name Montana. But this Swiss company was registered as a solvent and varnish manufacturer whereas Montana Colors is registered as a paint manufacturing company.

Now there are major legal battles going on between these two Montana companies and we'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens next but as far as the truth goes, you've heard it here at the official North American distributor site. Nothing tops Spanish Montana for it's coverability, sprayability and their commitment to excellence besides, Montana Colors is the original company created for writers by writers and that's no bull. We at Montana Colors care about you because we are you!

DIFFERENCES

--The info on the back is written in German, English, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, & Danish.

--The fake cans never came with "boinas", the small plastic valve tab, instead they came with clear plastic tops until 2003 when they finally bit that too.

--If the small print on the can says manufactured for L&G in German then for sure it's a fake. The real MONTANA is made in Barcelona, Spain.

--The Donut on the real MONTANA is as large as the can and is loose so that you can spin it around with your finger.

--The paint inside the fake cans is of inferior quality to original MONTANA. It's really DupliColor paint, you know, that paint with the blue female nozzles that's so watery you need to do five coats to get a good surface finish.

yep, theyre sponsored by the german montana. blah blah blah, who gives a fuck? you know what your getting now, if you dont like it dont buy it. ive never had problems with either the spanish or the german, or proline for that matter. if you cant paint clean with this shit, you seriously need to go back to the drawing board.

Originally posted by KALIS

yep, theyre sponsored by the german montana. blah blah blah, who gives a fuck? you know what your getting now, if you dont like it dont buy it. ive never had problems with either the spanish or the german, or proline for that matter. if you cant paint clean with this shit, you seriously need to go back to the drawing board.

Um its more about the principal than anything.

THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT>

I have only used the Spanish shit, and it is amazing.....

ad far as the german i dont think it is as good just from what i have heard from other established writers, however... that does not mean it is bad... it is probably real good i mean if can 2 bates and all of them are snappiin with that paint then hey it has to be strait u know.....

but i would go for the spainish shit.... The german stuff is considered the "fake" as the spanish company says however... i mean its just a stupid confusing subject... if u use the paint and it works good and has the colors u want rock it... u know i just use krylon and montana spain for pieceing and then rust and montana for bombin...

Archived