FAKE MONTANA CANS

onion

-> http://www.montanacolors.com/faked.htm

------------

FAKED MONTANA CANS

THE DIFFERENCES ARE:

FAKED CANS:

- The info about how to use the can (on the backside) is written in german, english, polish, finish, sweden and danish. And also the background is black and the letters are white, the oposite of the original.

- Has no "boina", instead has a transparent plastic piece on it.

- When the can says: manufactured for L+G in german, must been made in Barcelona, Spain.

- The "donut" it looks the same.

- Underneath of the can has a stamp that says the color in spanish, france and english.

- The paint is not the same quality and so not the one we guarantee.

Montana Colors is allready in a judicial way for taking out from the market the faked cans.

------------

onion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest platapie

it does meen sumthign to the consumer beacuse they are not getting what they think they are getting. no rocket science for that budd. you buy a fucking whopper and get a bigmac yo udidnt get a whopper basic shit for you budd.

montnana

ive herd about the montanan thing

i think depends on what factory it was made in, Spain or Germany

if it comes from Germany then its the "fake" stuff, im not even shure its fake

it could be that it is just different cans with a slightly different mixture

after all you cant just call you bissness after a well known company and manufature the same product and seel it under the intentions that it is the product of the other company

also i herd that the company in germany make "Proline - Aerosol art Color" and that it was proline in a montatan can

who noes just get your paint from a compay who bys it in from spain

www.montanauk.com

Guest catwash

Re: montnana

Originally posted by kloak

also i herd that the company in germany make "Proline - Aerosol art Color" and that it was proline in a montatan can

www.montanauk.com

it's true, not bullshit. basically Montana in a pro-line tin - had a few and they were cool, also had a few and they sucked. Up to you really, but I'd go for Molotow anyday!

I doubt that the quality of the paint is that bad..

Just be careful where you buy your paint.

I've actually got 2 of the black cans, and 2 of the white cans sitting on top of my Cd player. ESIS mailed them to me from holland.. The paint was excellent in both colors, and I have 4 left.. I assume they will work just as good.

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by platapie

it does meen sumthign to the consumer beacuse they are not getting what they think they are getting. no rocket science for that budd. you buy a fucking whopper and get a bigmac yo udidnt get a whopper basic shit for you budd.

Dude, its the same thing, like a Coca Cola from France and a Coca Cola from the States, same thing made in two different factories. Believe me, I know the whole story.

Guest escape603
Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

paint is paint it dont matter what brand it is

~KYLON2~

peace

Yet your user name blatantly endorses krylon.

:confused: uhh... now montana's website says that there's NO FAKED MONTANA CANS in market... so there is no reason for panic ;)

-> http://www.montana-cans.com/

-----------

Customer information

Regarding: !!!NO FAKE MONTANAS!!!

Unfortunately a rumour has been spread during the last few days, initiated by the Spanish manufacturer of Montana cans, us, L&G Distribution and the Inflammable Mailorder, would distribute “fake” Montana Cans, that means counterfeit goods.

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

True is, that we have a valid contract with Montana Colors s.l., which enables us to produce and distribute Goods with the trademark “Montana”. It is also true, that we have been producing and distributing Cans with the original “montana”-design and the corresponding quality for almost two years now, with explicit permission and acknowledgement of Montana Colors s.l.. The most familiar example is the 500ml “teeror”-can from Montana, which is a product from our own ranks for quite a while now.

What has happened?

When we started to import Montana Cans to Germany 5 years ago, nobody knew these cans. Even we were new to this subject. With great efforts we introduced the cans to the market, although they were not having today’s quality. Today’s valve, which is completely different and much better compared to the former valve, the Donut, the improved quality of the paint, the reference to graffiti caused by our origin, sourced in graffiti for more than 10 years now made us know about the requirements an artist has to his tools, all this and more were innovations provided by L&G, to improve the can over the years and create the ultimate tool to make it available to spraycan-artists everywhere. Plus the continuos enlargement of the colour range, just to mention a few things. Today nobody would want to paint with the old cans again, caused by the many improvements throughout the years.

Today we are by far the biggest distributor of Montana Cans. and still growing, our distribution partners in Europe and out of Europe operate at full capacity. Today we are still willing to go on like this for long time, but together with our Spanish friends.

Unfortunately, Montana Colors s.l. has on the basis of it’s size never been able to supply our needs on cans, until today every single can is still handmade. This was the cause why we decided to cover the delivery bottlenecks with orders at other production sites. The recipes were given to us by Montana Colors s.l. in original and we have exchanged some ingredients for the benefit of health and environment, BUT THE QUALITY STILL STAYS EXCELLENT AND IS AT LEAST THE SAME, LARGELY EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONE WE HAVE NOW, regarding the covering and pattern of the paint.

A few months ago, a company called Farbo S.A. from Switzerland suddenly claimed us for damages for distributing Montana Cans. They own the trademark „Montana“ for almost 20 years now for the range of paints and varnish. In tough negotiations we were able to convince them that the graffiti market we are in was something different from the regular paint-market they are in. Finally they agreed to give us a license in return of a considerable amount of money, to ensure the trade and the production of the cans in future.

We did not get any support from Montana Colors s.l. in this time, rather converse. They told us Farbo S.A. was our own problem and they could not help it. Now the situation turned and Farbo S.A. is now claiming Montana Colors s.l. for damages because the Spanish people are and have always been the manufacturer and knew about the problem with the trademark.

We tried to figure out why Montana Colors s.l. started this campaign against us, and we believe they are afraid of losing us as a customer and that we will start our own, complete production of Montana Cans, because we are enabled to, based on the license from Farbo S.A. which could even be used against Montana Colors s.l..

In return we have the suspect the moves made by Montana Colors s.l., the termination of contractually agreed sales areas and their separation from us, are supposed to lead to management of the sales-areas, their distributions and markets in and outside Germany by Montana Colors s.l. themselves. The build-up of these distributions and markets was our work and our success during the last years, and it was our money we spent in the structure we have today. Therefore Montana Colors s.l. gave us the guarantee to use the name Montana during the contract period and for the future. Montana Colors’ suspicion whereas is without any reason, it is baseless. We have tried and we will still try to find a solution, together with Montana Colors s.l., and we still have a valid contract with them that we definitely want to fulfill and extend. Our use and access to other production sites was just a reaction to the sustained delivery bottlenecks caused by Montana Colors s.l. in Spain.

We would regret an argument, on the other hand we cannot tolerate the backbiting of Montana Colors s.l. towards us. We will surely fight if we have to, fight for you, fight for us and fight for the trademark and the product „Montana-Cans“, the trademark we established and that we have found a love to.

We promise you to be there when you need cans, we will not step back, and that you will always find here the best quality and the best service you got used to during the last years.

The best quality, developed by artists for artists, we know your needs!! We hope these informations were helpful, to give you chance to see behind the curtain of rumours, to anticipate the grapevine.

Have a nice day

Your L&G/Inflammable-Team

-----------

• 9 months later...
Originally posted by onion

Have a nice day

Your L&G/Inflammable-Team

-----------

K I see your side a little but it does not escape the fact that you are making a product that you did not originate and do not own the rights to. I am not sure I trust the Farbo story totaly true but OK. Bottom line, the spanish shit is still the OG unchanged sticky shit and L&G have decided they can make paint to. Good. It's still not OG and it is still not OG and it's still not OG. I think you sicked Farbo on them but that is an unfounded observastion.

I'm done with this topic. Let the courts figure it out.

Guest upinsmoke

Man, let me tell you this... The German montana is at best a cheap knock-off of a good thing... It requires extensive use of both to really compare the two, and I have done so, and am qualified to say what I am saying, bottom line... If the german Montana was the same thing, why did they put it in a different can? different can, donut, but most importantly, (pay attention to this now, this is the only important part of this whole issue) IT IS DIFFERENT PAINT!!!! did you hear that??? i said IT IS DIFFERENT PAINT!!! it is only called Montana because the German knew they had an established customer base... If Wal-mart made rustoleum, and put it in a different can and still called it rusto, THAT DOESNT FUCKING MEAN THAT ITS RUSTO... The world is being lied to by lazy theives who are riding the coat tails of Spain. The german shit is almost exactly like the Pro-line shit... anyone who has used it knows... same do nut as proline, and everyone knows that Proline does not compare to spanish montana. It is simply Duplicolor paint inside a can that says MONTANA on it. Everythime I used the German crap with an outline cap, it would clog a brand new german outline cap after about 15 seconds of use... I went through 13 just to ouline half my piece. The pressure is not that of spanish Mont. It is much slower, doesnt always cover, and smells different. Nothing is the same , except the name, which was simply used to keep a customer base which was earned with Spanish Quality.

Bottom line: Yes, the german shit is paint, but when you reach into your pocket to buy MONTANA, because its really good paint, is it too much to ask to GET montana, and not some cheap knock off of a lesser quality?

* I have nothing to do with any of these 2 companies, I do not sell, or profit from the sale of ANY of these cans... I am simply letting everyone know what is up, since I have used both brands extensively... I would not trust the German shit in a train yard where seconds count.

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

paint is paint it dont matter what brand it is

~KYLON2~

peace

paint is paint but its not all the same. i think 90% of krylon sucks, its nothing compared to rusto and euro paint. the other weekend i was forced to rack krylon because it was the only cage opened and that crap doesn't work on fr8s or walls

i have used both and carried both in my store and on my website and i now only carry the spanish brand... im new here but ive been painting for a long time and i know good paint... in my opinion the german company is full of s***... if their paint is so different, superior, etc... why not come out w/ their own brand? why use the brand name of an inferior product? theres enuff people riding the german bandwagon to make a few sales...

Archived